Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,711 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Breaking - NATO Confirms 100% Readiness For Defensive War With Russia - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Breaking - NATO Confirms 100% Readiness For Defensive War With Russia (1187 Views)

Israel declares war readiness as Hamas springs surprise multiple attacks / Breaking- NATO Edges Closer To War With Russia - Mobilises 300,000 Soldiers / Ukraine Breaking - NATO Puts Hundreds Of Warships And War Planes On Red Alert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking - NATO Confirms 100% Readiness For Defensive War With Russia by GodHatesBigots(m): 5:37pm On Apr 15, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmdAvwzGDCc

Nato forces are “100 per cent ready” to defend Europe should Russian President Vladimir Putin decide to invade, a British military commander has said.

Lt Col Ru Streatfeild, who is leading the organisation’s battle group in Estonia, said British troops were “buzzing” and immensely proud” to be helping to reinforce the country’s eastern border with Russia.

Troops led by the UK’s 1st Battalion The Royal Welsh, which he commands and have recently been stationed in the Baltic State, took part in a large-scale exercise at Tapa military base, about 112 kilometres (70 miles) from the Russian border, on Thursday.

Exercise Bold Dragon involved about 2,300 soldiers from the UK, French, Danish and Estonian ranks using tanks, including the British Challenger 2 tanks, armoured infantry, engineers, artillery and logistics.

The allied forces went head-to-head against the Estonians in the mud, snow and boggy conditions to further hone Nato’s war capabilities and tactics, and ensure the smooth running of working together.

Speaking during the exercise, Lt Col Streatfeild said the war in Ukraine had given his soldiers “a razor-like focus”.

“We are literally under Nato command right now. There are Nato plans in place, and whatever orders we are given under a Nato structure, we will execute them,” he said.

Asked if Nato forces were prepared in the event of a Russian invasion, he said: “100 per cent. There is swagger. They are on their game and they are ready.

“It is not that people revel in this. But soldiers want to do a job. They want to put their tradecraft into practice. This is what they join the army to do.

“Our soldiers are immensely proud to be here. It is an immense privilege. But it is also an immense responsibility,” he said.

He said Nato forces were not only in place to protect the security of the eastern flank but also the “freedoms we often take for granted”.

“It’s those western liberal values; it’s free speech, it’s the ability to be able to buy your own house or car, all those western norms, they are underpinned by security and that is what Nato is here for.”

The battle group commander said he “absolutely” knows how he would counter a Russian attack.

“We are getting to know this terrain really well. And for the Estonians, this is their terrain. They have defended it before and they will defend it again,” he said.

There are currently about 2,000 Nato troops in Estonia, including the Royal Danish Army Viking Company and the French 7th Alpine Hunter Battalion.

On Wednesday, Estonian officials called for Nato member states to double the number of soldiers in the country in order to deter Russia from advancing further into Europe.

Gunner Joe Watson, 19, from Wakefield said he is not concerned about the prospect of war.

“It doesn’t really concern me. We did join the army for a reason. You have always got to be prepared for it,” he said.

“And as a gunner, you don’t really think about it. You just do your job and try to do it well.

“Everyone understands that if we do go, it will be big. But we are focusing on defending Estonia. That is exactly what this is.

“I am proud to be here. I think a lot of the Estonians are very grateful that lots of the British Army are here, especially the armoured units. And this makes you quite proud to be in this job.

“I have got quite a small family, they are dealing with it quite well. My dad is obviously proud. They are all quite proud to be fair.”

Lance Cpl Rhydian Stephens, from Ammanford in Carmarthenshire, who is attached to the Royal Welsh as a B-company medic said: “We heard the news about the war when we were out doing training exercises in Germany and obviously people got excited. It is what we joined the army to do.

“We joined the army to help. But, for now, we are just watching what is happening at the moment on the news and doing what we need to do here in Estonia first.”

Updated: April 15, 2022, 09:29

https://www.thenationalnews.com/world/uk-news/2022/04/15/nato-forces-100-ready-to-defend-europes-borders-says-uk-commander/
Re: Breaking - NATO Confirms 100% Readiness For Defensive War With Russia by Malory: 5:38pm On Apr 15, 2022
Beginning of the third world war. This is the beginning of the end. Let me look for punna for the last time before Putin blast everything with missile

1 Like

Re: Breaking - NATO Confirms 100% Readiness For Defensive War With Russia by Aufbauh(m): 5:39pm On Apr 15, 2022
NATO needs to do more to convince it allies of unconstitutional support against external aggressors.
Their support in Ukraine is mostly in words and administration.

I've made it as one of my fundamental principles that I'll cut my relationship with any friend who pushes me to fight but won't support me in the fight
Re: Breaking - NATO Confirms 100% Readiness For Defensive War With Russia by God1000(m): 5:40pm On Apr 15, 2022
Russia is biting more than it can chew
Re: Breaking - NATO Confirms 100% Readiness For Defensive War With Russia by Ecos(m): 5:42pm On Apr 15, 2022
grin Russia just dey collect am woto woto from all angle chain. I really Pity Putin grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking - NATO Confirms 100% Readiness For Defensive War With Russia by Datikwerreboi(m): 5:52pm On Apr 15, 2022
If not nuclear possession by Russia it would be burnt to ashes by now with this their aggression
Re: Breaking - NATO Confirms 100% Readiness For Defensive War With Russia by ken6488(m): 7:58pm On Apr 15, 2022
Datikwerreboi:
If not nuclear possession by Russia it would be burnt to ashes by now with this their aggression

Same for USA and Europe if not for nuclear weapons world war 3 would have happened since

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking - NATO Confirms 100% Readiness For Defensive War With Russia by ken6488(m): 7:58pm On Apr 15, 2022
Ecos:
grin Russia just dey collect am woto woto from all angle chain. I really Pity Putin grin
how
Re: Breaking - NATO Confirms 100% Readiness For Defensive War With Russia by ken6488(m): 7:59pm On Apr 15, 2022
God1000:
Russia is biting more than it can chew
nope seems Europe want to end their continent

1 Like

Re: Breaking - NATO Confirms 100% Readiness For Defensive War With Russia by GodHatesBigots(m): 8:19pm On Apr 15, 2022
ken6488:
nope seems Europe want to end their continent

And Russia will remain standing? grin

Kids…

1 Like

Re: Breaking - NATO Confirms 100% Readiness For Defensive War With Russia by ken6488(m): 8:48pm On Apr 15, 2022
GodHatesBigots:

And Russia will remain standing? grin

Kids…
You childish brain will not tell you that both USA, Russia, Europe are about to destroy dem selves
Re: Breaking - NATO Confirms 100% Readiness For Defensive War With Russia by GodHatesBigots(m): 8:53pm On Apr 15, 2022
ken6488:
You childish brain will not tell you that both USA, Russia, Europe are about to destroy dem selves

And Africa will remain standing ?

Lmao grin

Kids….

2 Likes

Re: Breaking - NATO Confirms 100% Readiness For Defensive War With Russia by sapientia(m): 9:03pm On Apr 15, 2022
Russia wishes there is no nato
Re: Breaking - NATO Confirms 100% Readiness For Defensive War With Russia by RepoMan007: 3:55am On Apr 16, 2022
Defensive war . . a very important phrase. Self defence.
Re: Breaking - NATO Confirms 100% Readiness For Defensive War With Russia by VictorUSA(m): 7:34am On Apr 16, 2022
NATO as a body is above stooping so low to fight a war wit an overhyped Putin's boys scout.Only Poland is ok to take Russia down.
Re: Breaking - NATO Confirms 100% Readiness For Defensive War With Russia by tonididdy(m): 9:07am On Apr 16, 2022
Russia VS NATO
This isn't a Ukrainian war anymore, NATO has hijacked the war and now in direct confrontation against Russian forces on Ukrainian soil

Ukraine is the fool, even her people are fed up!
NATO are cowards because they can never fire into Moscow.
Zelensky is a fool. Sacrificed his people for nothing... undecided

Lasslass when it becomes too glaring na nuclear go end am, and Ukraine will be out of existence embarassed
Re: Breaking - NATO Confirms 100% Readiness For Defensive War With Russia by joyandfaith: 9:23am On Apr 16, 2022
ken6488:

Same for USA and Europe if not for nuclear weapons world war 3 would have happened since

That is why we are saying no nation is special in modern warfare. Any weapon can be neutralised except nuclear weapons. War will do nobody good. If nations have issues among themselves, they should engage themselves in economic warfare.
Re: Breaking - NATO Confirms 100% Readiness For Defensive War With Russia by DerrickzB: 9:40am On Apr 16, 2022
GodHatesBigots:

And Africa will remain standing ?

Lmao grin

Kids….

Adult!! Rest
Re: Breaking - NATO Confirms 100% Readiness For Defensive War With Russia by DerrickzB: 9:41am On Apr 16, 2022
[quote author=GodHatesBigots post=111976068][/quote]

grin grin grin
This solders are just recruits new in the system!! They are hungry for a fight they have never heard!! I pity them sha!! Russia would divide this world as a whole!!

(1) (Reply)

US F-22 Raptors Are On Their Way To Poland To Boost Nato's Air Shield Against Ru / Sick Of Drug Dealing Nigerian Men Polluting Our Clubs In Sa. Bush People. / Letter To 'south Africans'.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.