Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

I Spoilt Someone's Car - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Spoilt Someone's Car (1326 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Spoilt Someone's Car by okeyazu: 9:52am On Jul 07, 2011
My people i packed my car two houses before mine because there was no space in my compound while coming out the next day morning one of the tenants there revomed her car for me to come out mistakingly while coming out i bashed her car and the two doors was affected and side miror, they asked me to changed the two doors although it can be corrected by panebiter i also bought the side mirror, they are still asking me to paint the side affected without considering how i can repair my own, pls what advace do u have for me because i have spent alot.
Re: I Spoilt Someone's Car by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 07, 2011
Sorry Man. If You Own a Goat, U will be responsible if it eats Someone's Yam, Shey? Pls Try your best to appease the lady cos the fault is alllll yours!
Re: I Spoilt Someone's Car by xxxkubexxx: 12:50pm On Jul 07, 2011
but if it was d other way round, u would be taken to be a mean man, if u ask her to pay.

WOMEN.
Re: I Spoilt Someone's Car by tomialph(m): 12:54pm On Jul 07, 2011
Some people could be overtly mean, having spent so much money on repairing her car, she's still asking you to do the paint job. Just take up the bill in good fate, God would replenish you in other ways.
Re: I Spoilt Someone's Car by davidola: 1:22pm On Jul 07, 2011
I am guessing your car have no insurance? Otherwise, the insurance company should be footing the bill, right?
Re: I Spoilt Someone's Car by chelseabmw(m): 5:09pm On Jul 07, 2011
davidola:

I am guessing your car have no insurance? Otherwise, the insurance company should be footing the bill, right?

and in wat country are u based?
Re: I Spoilt Someone's Car by davidola: 5:20pm On Jul 07, 2011
Sorry! Based in Britain. Is that not how it works?
Re: I Spoilt Someone's Car by 2n2k(m): 6:59am On Jul 08, 2011
^^^ Ideally it should work like that but in reality, not so in nigeria.
The stress police will give u to obtain police report coupled with insurance claim procedures will be more costly than doing the repairs yourself.
Re: I Spoilt Someone's Car by Piedpiper(m): 11:32am On Jul 08, 2011
Not really just that people do not bother to do anything than the base 3rd party insurance since most times they feel the car is not worth the premium of a comprehensive insurance cover. Only new cars or expensive second hand cars are covered most times in Naija.
Re: I Spoilt Someone's Car by SUNNY45: 5:21pm On Jul 08, 2011
Nigeria or anywhere in the world, once you are comprehensively covered, you are rest assured u will b compensated.
Re: I Spoilt Someone's Car by werepeLeri: 7:02am On Jul 09, 2011
2n2k:

^^^ Ideally it should work like that but in reality, not so in nigeria.
The stress police will give u to obtain police report coupled with insurance claim procedures will be more costly than doing the repairs yourself.

Big lie. If your car is covered comprehensively and not Third party 5k insurance, you get sorted out by the insurance companies. Dont paint Nigeria like a monkey country.
Re: I Spoilt Someone's Car by werepeLeri: 7:04am On Jul 09, 2011
Piedpiper:

Not really just that people do not bother to do anything than the base 3rd party insurance since most times they feel the car is not worth the premium of a comprehensive insurance cover. Only new cars or expensive second hand cars are covered most times in Naija.

What do you mean? You mean those are the cars the insurance companies will cover? Not true.
Re: I Spoilt Someone's Car by inspiredm(m): 11:06am On Jul 09, 2011
Comprehensive Insurance Works In Nigeria, and they have Low rates as low as 4.5% of the value of the Car.

It is Not advisable to Drive a Car without COMPREHENSIVE insurance

If You had been Insured Comprehensively, Your Insurance Company Would have Picked the Bills Conveniently, I dont think they give Much Hassle for third Party Repairs.
Re: I Spoilt Someone's Car by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 09, 2011
Personally, if my car was hit by another motorist, I wouldn't want any panels replaced. I'd be looking at new ones, fitted and painted.

@ Okeyazu: You have my sympathy, but it serves you right, for driving without valid automobile insurance. Supposing you ran someone over, no insurance, what then?
Re: I Spoilt Someone's Car by 2n2k(m): 3:09am On Jul 10, 2011
werepeLeri:

Big lie. If your car is covered comprehensively and not Third party 5k insurance, you get sorted out by the insurance companies. Dont paint Nigeria like a monkey country.

your post actually support Nigerian insurance practise not being ideal. If not so, why should they disclaim 3rd party liability after collecting premium? The case in question is a third party risk which is supposedly covered by the valid 5k (your veiled derision noted) insurance.

(1) (Reply)

SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! 2007 Nissan Altima Price N1.450m @ Banix Autos 07044024051 / Tokunbo Toyota Highlander 03/04 For 2.650@adex Autos 08082368921,08039226528 / Mercedes Benz 208d Van For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.