Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,410 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion (16291 Views)

Peter Psquare Apologises For Seun Kuti's Assault On Policeman, Lagos PPRO Reacts / They Have A Case With The Magistrate Not Me: Police PPRO, Muyiwa Adejobi / Police Weep Over Killing Of 2 DPOs, Officer’s Beheading, Burning Of 11 Stations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by StPete: 10:41am On Apr 16, 2022
joetem:

Not the DPO , how do you expect men with gun bring paid ₦45k salary, (₦1500) daily to cope With wife and kids.... No DPO can push any man against his conscience. Its a case of survival and in the process greed and lawlessness sets in

That's why I called it the first step. Starting from the head. Even if you pay the policemen huge salaries, as long as they are being compelled to deliver, they will still have no choice but to obey their DPOs
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by legba1(m): 11:05am On Apr 16, 2022
Let's not deceive our selves..I witnessed a scene sometimes back and I believe what happened that day would put an end to harassment if practiced by Nigerian...
A young guy was standing at gate bus stop along ipaja ayobo road,receiving a call..then from nowhere,this guy hooked the boy's trouser and was dragging him away,he was not in uniform. The boy struggled and cried out for help. Everyone knew the dirty man to be a police officers but still stopped the harrasment. One old woman challenged the officer about the offence if the boy and all he could say was "he's a yahoo boy" while the boy was telling everyone his mum sent him on errands. He was asked to call his mum and he did. Long story short, the boy was rescued while the silly officer walked away towards the station cliseby. He would have succeeded in towing him to station to lock up and start demanding some crazy amount. We should be interested in people police pinned down or harrassing and when we do this as a crowd, they will know we meant NO TO POLICE HARRASMENT AND BRUTALITY
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by Trendy247: 12:06pm On Apr 16, 2022
Abid2020:
where is sars operating? Na lie
Come to sars road Rukpokwu PH. U go see them
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by Allisgud: 12:59pm On Apr 16, 2022
If this rules is enforce Nigeria police will change for good,cos they are the ones sending them and they will still deny not knowing about it,if I be olopa dpo send me to go extort,if Dem gbab me I go open him yansh
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by zoedew: 1:14pm On Apr 16, 2022
They “deliver” to them nah!
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by ayenale1(m): 3:20pm On Apr 16, 2022
Good development if implemented...even those team set up to arrest erring officers do collect bribes to free the officers...
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by IMASTEX: 3:48pm On Apr 16, 2022
ursullalinda:
They are the ones that actually send their boys on duty.....and their boys bring returns to them......I believe this will man go a long way if implemented.
grin grin grin Seriously, so you fell for it. How did the DPO get appointed and by who? Or you don't know the office of the DPO, Area Commanders, CP and IG are appointee administrative positions. How come those ushers on the road, doing everything to meet their remittance targets don't always look good. Yet oga's belle dey expand. Or you think it is just nice face that get those guys in administrative positions, remittance list is long. The corruption in the force can never be checkmated. If you believe otherwise, then by who? And in a country that currently doesn't have a direct path.

1 Like

Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by Jamesbiodun(m): 4:23pm On Apr 16, 2022
Believe the police
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by PEREZPERECTUS: 4:47pm On Apr 16, 2022
Good move. very fruitful if done with sagacity.
Was deployed during the tenure of IGP Abubakar of Jonathan's government and the result was remarkable
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by 1868ooe: 5:34am On Apr 17, 2022
[s]
LegendHero:
I gave this same solution to the police on brutality since 2020. If the Nigeria police had listened by then, maybe they would have improved by now.

Anyway, it’s not too late to mend. Let’s see if they follow through this.

[/s]
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by respect80(m): 11:59am On Apr 17, 2022
The value chain of police extortion goes far beyond the DPO alone because even the DPOs remit to others in higher positions.
The police is more like an informal source of revenue generation for politicians.
The junior officers should be left alone
Re: Ag Police PPRO, Adejobi: Police To Hold DPOs Responsible For Officer's Extortion by oke4surekid: 2:55pm On Apr 17, 2022
I concur, but you're saying it As if anything will be done ���
When SARS are still operating smoothly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LASTMA Officer & Civilian Fighting In Lagos (Pic) / Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document / Governor Lalong Patronising A Groundnut Seller iIn Jos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.