Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

PDP - This Is The Time To Innovate Or Die - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP - This Is The Time To Innovate Or Die (528 Views)

I Received A Call From PDP This Evening / Kwankwaso, Others Pull Out Of APC; To Sign MoU With PDP - This Day / Npdp May Defect To PDP This Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP - This Is The Time To Innovate Or Die by NaijaCowFarm: 1:26am On Apr 16, 2022
The People's Democratic Party (PDP) is in search of a presidential candidate for 2023. Obviously, the odds for winning 2023 are tilted favorably toward the PDP, but how it is able to sort out its presidential primaries would determine her continuing existence as a viable political party or be extinguished into the group of Other parties.

Let's start by saying that PDP is what Nigerians are waiting for, the reason being that with APC already having a Muslim Chairman, they cannot field Alh Bola Tinubu as their presidential candidate. This is simple reasoning, so their best leg into 2033 is Yemi Osinbajo pr may be Rotimi Amaechi. I have elaborated my reason on my previous post "https://www.nairaland.com/7077990/why-tinubu-lose-osinbajo-apc". In my conclusion on that post, I opined that PDP would win the 2023 Presidential elections. Many faulted my opinion, but I stand by that assertion for two reasons.

First is that when Tinubu would be denied the APC ticket, he would not join another party as many think. He would not have the luxury of switching parties once he participates in APC primaries, however, just as he did in 2010, he would willingly offer PDP the presidency just to prove a point to the APC. Secondly, APC has dealt with Nigerians the way no other government has since 1914, and Yemi Osinbajo cannot absorb himself from the failure that is APC. Hence Nigerians are not yearning for continuity, but rather a change, which the PDP has the opportunity to provide come 2023.

Now back to the topic. Who are the principal presidential aspirants that the PDP is parading today?

Atiku Abubakar: Atiku is a big gun in PDP, but going by the North-South divide, Atiku would be the least favorite for a PDP flag bearer. One, Nigerians' perception of the Fulanis is very fresh mostly in the South. Secondly, the SE would revolt against PDP, and thirdly, the North has not been favorably disposed to supporting Atiku Abubakar since he first sojourned into presidential elections in 2007. Fielding Atiku Abubakar even with a South Eastern running mate would mean that the APC will retain power in 2023 and that would be the end of PDP as a major opposition party. In fact, PDP may lose more states in the South. States like Abia, Ebonyi (currently APC), Rivers, and Cross Rivers may fall permanently into APC. So, PDP is hereby advised to find a way to calm Atiku and help him retire from active politics without hurting him. He still has his support base and which would be useful in 2023.

Governor Wike: Wike is a good person and really popular in Rivers State. That is where it all ends. However, he has a strong influence on PDP party leadership. However, would Wike's presidential ticket sell in Northern Nigeria? The answer is a categorical NO. If Wike loves PDP and the Nigerian people he so much as wishes to protect by his semantics of fighting terrorism, he should just step down so that PDP would find an acceptable candidate for president within the PDP. His demolition of a Muslim place of worship is a dangerous move. He would never appease the North for this in any way or shade. Hence, his presidential ambition needs to be put on hold until he is assured that the North now sees him differently. If he likes he can pull out all the dollars to buy a PDP ticket, the truth is that in Northern Nigeria, anyone that goes against their religion is a permanent enemy. As of today ooo. Wike is seen as an Islamophobic leader. This is how is it!

Bukola Saraki: Mr. Saraki is already aware that he cannot get a PDP ticket. However, he has also been strategic in looking out for PDP. He has been the arrowhead for the call for a consensus candidate for PDP. I think Saraki has a sense of winning. He was very instrumental in ensuring that APC did not "fool" themselves with gambling on a Muslim-Muslim ticket of Buhari-Tinubu in 2014. He has come with such strategic thinking in PDP to ensure that the party fields an acceptable candidate for 2023. Saraki is a good man, but since Iyorcha Ayu, the PDP chairman is from the middle belt, his presidential ambition is also as far as it is today a mere distraction.

Anyim Pius Anyim: The former Senate president has the pedigree to lead Nigeria. Unfortunately, he does not have home support. Of recent, his flash move has dwindled into a waning flame with little or no coal to fire up the cylinders. Not sure why, but I could imagine that he has been advised to slow down and possibly change tactics. Be that as it may, I do not see Mr, Ayim as a PDP candidate good enough to challenge anyone from APC. It is clear that in the community of PDP presidential candidates, he has been "missing" in action. Not seen visiting party delegates of recent nor traversing the country as expected of a serious presidential aspirant.

Peter Obi: Peter Obi will make a good candidate for the PDP and I dare say he would be a good candidate that can defeat Osinbajo if APC goes the way it is planned to be. Obi is an astute businessman and a very prudent leader who can take Nigeria out of the current economic woes within 4 years. As for acceptability outside his SE/SS regions, Obi would be better accepted by the North than Wike and Anyim.
The only odd against Obi is that he has not been that active in the political arena. Though he is said to still be consulting in some Southern states, Obi needs to reach out to the North. He should step out and meet with Kwankwaso, who though said to be in ANPP, is to me open to discussion. Peter Obi to me is the right man for the PDP in 2023. How he will win the PDP primaries remains very unclear and the odds are not yet in his favor. However, if PDP should consider a consensus, Obi should be the man.

Aminu Tambulwa: Tambulwal is a good man. As speaker of the HOR, he was able to provide the leadership that galvanized the House against intimidation from the executive. Such a mind with strong resolve is the type of leader that Nigeria needs. However, at this time, with the clamour for a Southern president, Tambulwa would need to shelve his ambition and focus on PDP taking power from APC. He could be a good candidate for the VP by the way, but that is a story for another day.

Gov. Bala Mohammed: The Bauchi governor is another good candidate that PDP could have offered if not for the North-South divide and religion. Governor Bala Mohammed, Saraki, and Hayatudeen have all been at the forefront of the push for a consensus candidate. To me, this implies that any or all of them are ready to drop their ambition for the success of PDP in the 2023 polls.

Other The others like Dele Momodu, Hayatudeen, Fayose, et all are out to show that they are relevant. And yes, they are! In Nigeria, one thing is common knowledge in party politics. If you want to be considered for a political appointment, you buy it. How? Once you purchase an expression of interest form and pay for it, even if you lose in primaries, you have already positioned yourself strategically for political appointment. That is where these other names become relevant. That is the end to their "ambitions" to be president.

In conclusion: PDP's best chance of winning the 2023 election is with Peter Obi. Please, note that I have never met Peter Obi, never was in Anambra when he was governor, never been to or with any association that he belongs to. However, a leader is someone who is ready to serve and not to be served. Our mentality of leadership in Nigeria is that unless people bow to you, you are not a leader. Unless you command troops of irresponsible rascals and killers, you are not a leader. No, what we need in Nigeria today is a SERVANT LEADER. The one who knows that leadership potentials reside in everyone, even the smelly dirty person who sleeps under the bridge. All they need is to be awakened. Nigerians need a leader who would awaken our industrial and economic potential. A leader who we can trust with our national treasury and not one who would share the loot amongst his cronies and corner all while the people suffer. Hence PDP has a date with destiny, that is to innovate and choose right, even if it be by consensus or die. The governors are hereby requested to see the bigger picture rather than the myopic selfish positions some of them have chosen recently.

To Mr. Peter Obi, please be bold and resolute to reach out more. The presidency cannot be placed on your laps just because you are good. Plan and have a heart-to-heart talk with the North., meet with Kwankwaso, and work to bring him back to the PDP. Wade into ESN/IPOB issues without becoming bugged by it. Help Soludo to quench the fire in Anambra and by extension, Eastern Nigeria. Speak out more. Sell yourself, you are the best product that Nigeria needs in 2023.

Fellow Nigerians, come 2023, I would pray that we are faced with the dilemma of choosing between Peter Obi (PDP) and Yemi Osinbanjo (APC)

God bless Nigeria ... the pride of the African continent and the black race.
Re: PDP - This Is The Time To Innovate Or Die by Mooh247: 1:43am On Apr 16, 2022
cool

On every betting platform PDP Aspirants chances of winning are always low and their odds very high... This should tell you more people stake on APC winning

The second mistake you make is saying Tinubu won't be given APC ticket..

Well Tinubu isn't the type that wants to be given anything, he takes it regardless... Only an idiot wouldn't see Tinubu has the largest party delegate at his Beck and call second only to Buhari

Re: PDP - This Is The Time To Innovate Or Die by NaijaCowFarm: 2:13am On Apr 16, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

On every betting platform PDP Aspirants chances of winning are always low and their odds very high... This should tell you more people stake on APC winning

Well Tinubu isn't the type that wants to be given anything, he takes it regardless... Only an idiot wouldn't see Tinubu has the largest party delegate at his Beck and call second only to Buhari

You know my friend, it is very difficult to explain to people like you who have decided not to reason beyond your wish. Just last month, we all knew that if the APC chairmanship was subjected to primaries, Tinubu's candidate Senator George Akume would have won. Do you know why Tinubu supported Mr. George Akume, not because he so much loved him. No, not at all. Tinubu favored Mr. George Akume because he was the ONLY CHRISTIAN ASPIRANT FOR APC CHAIRMANSHIP. and that was strategic. Because, with a Christian Chairman, Tinubu would be comfortable arguing for a Muslim President from the South. But it failed and a Muslim, Abdullahi Adamu was elected by consensus. That was when Tinubu's fate was sealed.

If Tinubu likes, let all delegates come from his house, he will not be given APC ticket, because, APC CANNOT field a Muslim-Muslim ticket with a Muslim Chairman. I am done talking!

Re: PDP - This Is The Time To Innovate Or Die by Mooh247: 2:20am On Apr 16, 2022
NaijaCowFarm:

You know my friend, it is very difficult to explain to people like you who have decided not to reason beyond your wish. Just last month, we all knew that if the APC chairmanship was subjected to primaries, Tinubu's candidate Senator George Akume would have won. Do you know why Tinubu supported Mr. George Akume, not because he so much loved him. No, not at all. Tinubu favored Mr. George Akume because he was the ONLY CHRISTIAN ASPIRANT FOR APC CHAIRMANSHIP. and that was strategic. Because, with a Christian Chairman, Tinubu would be comfortable arguing for a Muslim President from the South. But it failed and a Muslim, Abdullahi Adamu was elected by consensus. That was when Tinubu's fate was sealed.

If Tinubu likes, let all delegates come from his house, he will not be given APC ticket, because, APC CANNOT field a Muslim-Muslim ticket with a Muslim Chairman. I am done talking!

You just open your mouth waaa!! And lies start coming out

Since when did Tinubu told you George Akume was his annoted party chairman preference.. show any link to that effect if that's not just your wild imagination

Take it to the bank.... Yakubu Dogara is Tinubu's Vice President slot so stop the nonsense tales of Muslim - Muslim ticket

A Core Northerner would rather relocate to Niger than allow a Christian lead him again... We saw what they did to Jonathan

1 Like

Re: PDP - This Is The Time To Innovate Or Die by NaijaCowFarm: 2:31am On Apr 16, 2022
Mooh247:

Since when did Tinubu told you George Akume was his annoted party chairman preference.. show any link to that effect if that's not just your wild imagination

Take it to the bank.... Yakubu Dogara is Tinubu's Vice President slot so stop the nonsense tales of Muslim - Muslim ticket

A Core Northerner would rather relocate to Niger than allow a Christian lead him again... We saw what they did to Jonathan

See attached link ... try and read, but I have helped with the extract below:

"He said: Both Akume and Shettima are seen as close allies of Tinubu. While Shettima has not come out to declare interest in the national chairmanship, Akume is strongly in the race. Nobody understands Tinubu’s joker. https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/01/apc-national-convention-tinubus-camp-others-move-against-consensus/

As for Dogara, I laugh at your simpleton. In Northern Nigeria, it is not easy to have a Christian Deputy self talkless of Christian VP. I am sorry, that is how it is today.
Re: PDP - This Is The Time To Innovate Or Die by Nobody: 2:42am On Apr 16, 2022
The North I know do not reason the way you described. Forget fanatics like Buhari, Northerners know the importance of justice and unity. You also think that only the whims of Muslims should be catered for in Nigerian elections because you adorn them with cloak of violence. You think the South is not capable of violence and so their whims should not be considered. You are wrong. The North kkows it is either Southern president or to tour tent O Nigwria

Mooh247:

Re: PDP - This Is The Time To Innovate Or Die by Mooh247: 3:12am On Apr 16, 2022
Ikegwuru:
The North I know do not reason the way you described. Forget fanatics like Buhari, Northerners know the importance of justice and unity. You also think that only the whims of Muslims should be catered for in Nigerian elections because you adorn them with cloak of violence. You think the South is not capable of violence and so their whims should not be considered. You are wrong. The North kkows it is either Southern president or to tour tent O Nigwria

You speak of an Ideal North, an ideal scenerio.. but Nigerian politics is far from ideal

In an ideal PDP... Atiku , Tambuwal and Bala Mohammed should support Ibos in PDP but we all know that won't happen

In ideal Nigeria, Buhari should have adhere strictly to principle of federal character in appointment but we all know he only favours Northerner and Muslim

In an ideal Democracy, Buhari should always hand over to his Christian Vice President but we know he would never try such he would rather handover to his Muslim chief of staff

Power isn't given it is taken and as far as I know for now only Wike and Tinubu are the Southerners making real effort to take power and bring it down south... The rest are just playing to the gallery

1 Like

Re: PDP - This Is The Time To Innovate Or Die by Golan007: 3:19am On Apr 16, 2022
Peter Obi?

grin
Re: PDP - This Is The Time To Innovate Or Die by Validated: 6:21am On Apr 16, 2022
Golan007:
Peter Obi?

grin
Good question. Lets keep hope alive

1 Like

Re: PDP - This Is The Time To Innovate Or Die by 1867nn: 6:55am On Apr 16, 2022
[s]
Mooh247:
cool

[/s]
Re: PDP - This Is The Time To Innovate Or Die by 1867n: 6:57am On Apr 16, 2022
[s]
Mooh247:

[/s]
Re: PDP - This Is The Time To Innovate Or Die by 1867nv: 6:58am On Apr 16, 2022
[s]
Mooh247:

You speak of an Ideal North, an ideal scenerio.. but Nigerian politics is far from ideal

In an ideal PDP... Atiku , Tambuwal and Bala Mohammed should support Ibos in PDP but we all know that won't happen

In ideal Nigeria, Buhari should have adhere strictly to principle of federal character in appointment but we all know he only favours Northerner and Muslim

In an ideal Democracy, Buhari should always hand over to his Christian Vice President but we know he would never try such he would rather handover to his Muslim chief of staff

Power isn't given it is taken and as far as I know for now only Wike and Tinubu are the Southerners making real effort to take power and bring it down south... The rest are just playing to the gallery

[/s]
Re: PDP - This Is The Time To Innovate Or Die by Onogiede(m): 7:52am On Apr 16, 2022
Peter Obi in my opinion is currently Nigeria solution and Nigeria dream comes through
Re: PDP - This Is The Time To Innovate Or Die by helinues: 7:56am On Apr 16, 2022
Obviously, the odds for winning 2023 are tilted favorably toward the PDP

Mods, one of those jokes section threads have arrived. Help us do the justification
Re: PDP - This Is The Time To Innovate Or Die by Validated: 10:55am On Apr 16, 2022
helinues:

Mods, one of those jokes section threads have arrived. Help us do the justification

PDP is the answer for APC bad government. That you know
Re: PDP - This Is The Time To Innovate Or Die by 1868d: 5:33am On Apr 17, 2022
[s]
helinues:

[/s]

(1) (Reply)

Shina Peller Begs Nigerians For Donations To Run As President, Senate In 2023 / Nnamdi Kanu Didn’t Set Up IPOB To Spill Blood – Lawyer / BREAKING NEWS: Unknown Gunmen List Nine Local Govts For Attack In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.