Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,609 members, 7,823,652 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Mastery Is Not What You Think… - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Mastery Is Not What You Think… (118 Views)

Tube Mastery And Monetization By Matt Par Reviews (2023 Update) - / A Beginner's Guide to Facebook/Instagram Ads Mastery [2022] / Free Affiliate Marketing Mastery Course (upto 10 Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mastery Is Not What You Think… by muskanmuffleit: 12:26pm On Apr 16, 2022
As I continue to read and put to work the lessons and philosophy of the book I am currently reading, The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson, I found today’s chapter to be very enlightening.

The topic was Mastery and Jeff went on to explain that Mastery is not a destination, nor an accomplished set of skills or tasks, but rather the first step we take towards our goal.

Read More:-How To Watch Peacock On Firestick

Baby Learning to WalkHe used the example of a baby learning to walk which I found quite interesting and easy to understand at the same time. Each day the baby would make another effort, falling short many times. How many times did the baby fail to succeed?

Did the baby just give up, no of course not, the baby would continue to try and fail and try again, eventually succeeding. The baby was in Mastery when it took the first step, not the last.

Jeff also goes on to talk about funerals at the end of the chapter and believe it or not, the baby and funerals all tie together to help explain Mastery and the road less traveled, or the Slight Edge towards success.

Today I put to use the skills and lessons I have been learning to date, and I had a very productive and fulfilling day! How was your day? Have you taken the first step?

keep knowing:-how to install magisk on lge lm-q730

(1) (Reply)

Anything You Bring Me Santa Will Be Fine! / How Does One Become A Moderator In Nairaland / Data Analytics Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.