Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,231 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

The Beautiful Things Of Easter - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Beautiful Things Of Easter (6297 Views)

Wednesday Of The Second Week Of Easter - April 19, 2023 / The Beautiful Things Of Easter / Uncovering The Shocking Pagan Origins Of Easter - You Won't Believe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Beautiful Things Of Easter by Interesting15: 6:31am On Apr 17, 2022
The exciting Easter season is here again, and it's obvious in the atmosphere. However, beyond the eating and drinking and holidays, we must place emphasis on the most important thing: The Resurrection of Christ. Without the Resurrection, there won't be Easter celebration.

A lot of folks celebrating Easter don't even know the purpose of the Resurrection - which explains why many abuse a day like this on sinful activities all in the name of Easter celebration.

However, this is a time to reflect upon the great sacrifice Jesus Christ made for undeserving folks like us, and it should stir up worship in our hearts.

It is humbling to know that Jesus Christ was only compelled by Love to pass through the pain of death just to procure salvation to us and make humanity an honorable race once again. After man fell in the Garden of Eden, mankind lost the glory of God which it was originally clothed with, and we entered the class of mere animals. However, the resurrected Jesus Christ came to restore the glory, and we became creatures operating in the God-kind of class. If the Resurrection had not taken place and the process of salvation completed, we will still be ignorantly living below dignity, like animals of the wild! Thank You Jesus!

The Beautiful Things Of Easter: The Procurement Of Eternal Life

"Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die" John 11:25,26

John 3:16: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life

The Resurrection ensured the tangibility of eternal life. The eternal life will be divinely obtained if "... you declare with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved" (Romans 10:9).

The life we obtained because of the resurrection, empowers us to overcome these five integral enemies of mankind.

1. Death
2. Sin
3. Satan and Hell
4. Self
5. Sickness and Poverty

Because of space, I will only talk about Death here. If you need the full text of this message, contact me via https://www.sundayakanni.com/p/contact-me.html

Enemy Number 1: Death

"Knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God" Romans 6:9,10

The very first enemy God informed Adam of beforehand, was death. So when God told him to not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, He was only trying to secure him from an enemy he (Adam) wasn't aware of - death. Unfortunately, Adam and Eve, through disobedience, gave death the right to rule over them.

Death became a nasty ruler over mankind, finding expression in different ways. It (death) first ensured separation between man and God (spiritual death), before it started weakening his body and soul, to the degree that his body can degrade and die. Death was having a field day terrifying mankind (death is usually excited when it makes mankind sorrowful), until God brought the solution. Jesus Christ died and resurrected, and faith in this will get us infused with eternal life (which is the perfect antidote to death).

So, we are no longer spiritually dead, as this eternal life (which comes with the gift of the Holy Spirit) awaken our spirits and makes us alive in the realm of our Source - God. The Spirit approve us that we are no longer separated from God, but are now His sons and daughters, even His Living Stones.

Additionally, we are empowered to pick our inheritances as sons of God - one of which is long life in this physical world. "With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation" (Psalm 91:16). Permit no thought of premature death! You cannot die prematurely! In fact, nothing dies in your hands!

Hallelujah!

In conclusion, the celebration of Jesus' Resurrection should compel you to yield yourself to the LORD in total surrender.

If you are yet to give your life to Jesus, today is the best day! Anywhere you are right now, ask Jesus for mercy, and ask Him to come into your life. He won't reject you!

https://www.sundayakanni.com/2022/04/the-beautiful-things-of-easter.html

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Beautiful Things Of Easter by Interesting15: 6:32am On Apr 17, 2022
Happy Easter celebration people. Jesus loves you

5 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Things Of Easter by Interesting15: 6:32am On Apr 17, 2022
lalasticlala
Re: The Beautiful Things Of Easter by slawormiir: 9:10am On Apr 17, 2022
Damnnn niggar
This is to say Beyond the euphoral of the Easter razzmatazz we must know that this is a time to reflect upon the great sacrifice Jesus Christ made for us and it should stir up worship in our hearts.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Beautiful Things Of Easter by Afokesco(m): 9:11am On Apr 17, 2022
omeh

I dey church like this

one bani just call say she dey come over
Re: The Beautiful Things Of Easter by BigDawsNet: 9:11am On Apr 17, 2022
Happy Easter guys

Good bless you all

If you single, I pray for you, Goan Marry in Jesus name!!!

Couples looking for the fruits of the womb... I pray for you... go and multiply!!!

The sick... Be healthy in da mighty name of Jesus!

The jobless... goan receive your employment letter in Jesus name

The Japa guys... In da powerful mighty name of Jesus... goan receive that Canada PR, goan and receive that Study permit.... that tourist visa, its your time to tour! Oya receive it in Jesus name!!!

Amen!!!!

7 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Things Of Easter by abobote: 9:12am On Apr 17, 2022
This Easter just dull for my side.
Market no move, nothing nothing.
I couldn't even send money to my Mom in the village.
And some relatives are angry with me for not sending something to them.
They don't know what I'm passing through this period. Its well.
Happy Easter to you all, and don't forget the reason for the season

2 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Things Of Easter by Truefaith: 9:12am On Apr 17, 2022
There is an important issue about God: you must never add to His words – or remove from them – even when you are supposedly praising Him. God frowns at anyone attempting to promote Him by adding to His words revealed in the Bible. Much of what the writer wrote is not from the Bible: they are embellishments sourced from Hinduism and New Age/New Thought now fraudulently termed Christianity in Nigeria.

What he wrote is called Word of Faith, which is basically a set of occult beliefs mixed with bible terminologies. While pretending to be promoting God and Christ’s resurrection, the writer is actually re-writing the Bible:

Saying man is now in God-class is committing one of the worst evils any man can commit. Only God is in His Own Class. There is none like Him - declares the Bible.

Man never entered the class of mere animals – man has always been in his own class. Nowhere in the Bible is man ever said to be in the class of animals.

The resurrection is NOT about restoring dignity and glory to man; it is about restoring the severed relationship between God and man, it is about restoring dead man back to life.

The mix-up of truths with untruths can be seen again in his list of five things Christ’s resurrection has supposedly “empowers us to overcome”:

1. Death. Not True, That is a Hindu teaching. Men still die.

5. Sickness and Poverty. Not True. That is a Hindu teaching, too: Hebrews 11:37 speaks of the believers in Christ preferring death in destitution to denying Christ. Paul spoke of his own wants and the material poverty of other true Christians of his day.

Paul spoke of his own sickness in Galatians 4:14; of Epaphroditus’ sickness in Php 2:25-27; of abandoning Trophimus in dire sickness in Miletum in 2 Timothy 4:20; of reminding Timothy of his often infirmities in 1 Tim 5:23.

Check the truth.

God does not need any embellishment to make Christ’s resurrection relevant.

Adding to God’s words is diluting His truths.

It is only done by people who do not know God.

www.thetruechristianfaith.com

Re: The Beautiful Things Of Easter by Jesuslvzme(m): 9:16am On Apr 17, 2022
Happy Easter To Y'all

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Things Of Easter by Thou: 9:18am On Apr 17, 2022
I need 1k pls.
Re: The Beautiful Things Of Easter by Prettylima(f): 9:23am On Apr 17, 2022
May the risen Lord fill our heart with compassion, joy, love and inspire us to new hope, happiness, prosperity and abundance, all received through God's Divine grace. Happy Easter.

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Things Of Easter by Holybwoy: 9:24am On Apr 17, 2022
Easter na just by mouth and yearly tradition.. some people never know wetin dem go chop today..

In case you've heard about NFT lemme share the small knowledge I have with you..

Follow this thread..

https://www.nairaland.com/7081971/wonder-how-people-create-mint
Re: The Beautiful Things Of Easter by Realmi: 9:33am On Apr 17, 2022
The beautiful thing to some people is the HOLIDAY grin

May God help us to always appreciate him
Re: The Beautiful Things Of Easter by jazon(m): 9:36am On Apr 17, 2022
Re: The Beautiful Things Of Easter by Crizzycross: 9:43am On Apr 17, 2022
Pls, somebody bless my easter. I dnt have even a grain of Rice or any other food to eat. I am down.
Re: The Beautiful Things Of Easter by englishmart(m): 9:44am On Apr 17, 2022
Mary Magdalene was the first to see Our Lord after His resurrection. She knew Him so well. She loved Him so well. When others were hiding in fear & defeat, she was seeking Him out to care for His body.

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Things Of Easter by ofiko123(m): 9:55am On Apr 17, 2022
Happy Easter celebrations to everyone out there..

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Things Of Easter by kamtrix(m): 10:03am On Apr 17, 2022
Re: The Beautiful Things Of Easter by Geominer: 10:09am On Apr 17, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
This is to say Beyond the euphoral of the Easter razzmatazz we must know that this is a time to reflect upon the great sacrifice Jesus Christ made for us and it should stir up worship in our hearts.

True talk here.

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Things Of Easter by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 17, 2022
HAPPY EASTER TO YOU FELLAS

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Things Of Easter by TLoveFoundation: 12:35pm On Apr 17, 2022
Beautiful post op

Re: The Beautiful Things Of Easter by Munzy14(m): 4:43pm On Apr 17, 2022
Afokesco:
omeh

I dey church like this

one bani just call say she dey come over
Golibe grin grin grin

Odogwu bitters sure for you grin
Re: The Beautiful Things Of Easter by Munzy14(m): 4:45pm On Apr 17, 2022
Prettylima:
May the risen Lord fill our heart with compassion, joy, love and inspire us to new hope, happiness, prosperity and abundance, all received through God's Divine grace. Happy Easter.
Amen

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oh! Pastor Chris, It Is Not Your Fault! / Why Did "GOD" Allow The Holocaust To Occur / Mary The Mother Of Jesus Had No Other Children. A Biblical Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.