Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

BREAKING: Yari, Marafa Dump APC For PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Yari, Marafa Dump APC For PDP (685 Views)

Abdulaziz Yari & Kabiru Marafa Dump APC, Defect To PDP / Ex-gov Yari, Marafa Meet Atiku, Saraki Amid Defection Rumours / Zamfara APC: Crisis Looms As Yari, Marafa Rejects Matawalle As Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Yari, Marafa Dump APC For PDP by press9jatv: 4:06pm On Apr 17, 2022
A former Zamfara state Governor, Alhaji Abdulaziz Yari, and Senator Kabiru Garba Marafa have dumped the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) for the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

The Chairman of the opposition PDP in the state, retired Colonel Bala Mande, made the announcement shortly after a stakeholders’ meeting in Gusau, the state capital, on Sunday.

PHOTOS: Matawalle buys Cadillac, expensive cars for Zamfara monarchs
INVESTIGATION: Zamfara moribund varsity operates from primary school

Col. Bala Mande said they had sat down and finalised the issue of the defection of Yari and Marafa and they had reached an agreement to work for the development of the Party.

“We have all agreed to work for the development of the party and the PDP in the state has welcome them to its fold. We will ensure justice and fairness to all members even after we have won elections in 2023.”

“The date for their grand reception to our party will be announced later but we are going to implement all the agreements reached during the stakeholders meeting,” Col. Mande said.

The Chairman Publicity Secretary of Yari faction of the APC, Alhaji Ibrahim Muhammad Birnin Magaji, confirmed the development to Daily Trust but he did not give further details.

“Yes , it is true we are moving to opposition PDP, and this is all I can say for now,” Birnin Magaji said.

Details later…

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-yari-marafa-dump-apc-for-pdp

Re: BREAKING: Yari, Marafa Dump APC For PDP by Nigerialabalaba: 4:09pm On Apr 17, 2022
Hahaha....wike go remind dem one day grin
Re: BREAKING: Yari, Marafa Dump APC For PDP by press9jatv: 4:09pm On Apr 17, 2022
No fewer than 1000 supporters of former Governor, Abdulaziz Yari and Senator Kabiru Marafa from Bungudu Local Government Area of Zamfara State have dumped the opposition All Progressives Congress (APC) and embraced the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

The decampees were yesterday evening received earlier by the PDP State Chairman, Alhaji Tukur Umar Danfulani Maikatako who later presented them to Governor Bello Mohammed Matawalle at his residence in Gusau, the state capital.

The leader of the decampees, Comrade Abdullahi Danda Bungudu said they were at the Governor’s residence to register their support as they had declared their defection earlier at the state PDP Secretariat and were received officially by the state Party Chairman, Alhaji Tukur Umar Danfulani.

Comrade Danda further stated that the reason they defected from APC to PDP was due to the way and manner the Governor handled the security situation in the state and the many laudable projects he is executing in less than two years of being in office.

He observed that it is on record that before the coming of Matawalle’s administration, Zamfara State residents were in a serious war with bandits which almost destroyed the state to a failed one as all government machineries were not working.

Bungudu, however, averred that the vision and foresight of Governor Matawalle and his style of leadership changed all that and convinced them to join the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) from their former political party, APC.

Responding, Governor Matawalle said his administration was determined to bring development to the people of the state at all levels with a view of making the state more secured and economically viable.

He further said, “as a leader, my primary responsibility is to protect the lives and property of the citizens including their dignity for the coming generations.”

Matawalle assured them of equal treatment in the party and also commended their foresight and positive decision of joining his party, the PDP for the purpose of developing Zamfara State collectively.

The Governor added that with people of their calibre in the party, he is sure that a lot will be achieved.

Notable among those who defected were Comrade Abdullahi Danda Bungudu, Alhaji Adamu Abu Samawa and Alhaji Abbas Abdullahi Bela who was the current Vice chairman of APC in Bungudu Local Government.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/04/18/over-1000-supporters-of-ex-gov-yari-marafa-dump-apc-join-pdp-in-zamfara/?amp=1

Re: BREAKING: Yari, Marafa Dump APC For PDP by ThEGodFaThEr129: 4:09pm On Apr 17, 2022
Oga Athiku, it's all over for Tinubu. His presidential ambition has gone up in smoke.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Yari, Marafa Dump APC For PDP by press9jatv: 4:11pm On Apr 17, 2022
Apc keeps on falling apart by the day. No hope for Matawalle in Zamfara State in next year governorship election. His deputy will takeover from him in next year 2023 poll.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Yari, Marafa Dump APC For PDP by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 17, 2022
Same old corrupt monkeys, different party.mtcheew
Re: BREAKING: Yari, Marafa Dump APC For PDP by osinbanjoisaliar: 4:14pm On Apr 17, 2022
No be diz guy dey support Tinubu dat year. Las las all of dem go run go jungle when Buhari don finish deir life. Tinubu sef go soon run go SDP. Na Dat time ein supporters wen dey nairaland go finally shutup
Re: BREAKING: Yari, Marafa Dump APC For PDP by press9jatv: 4:16pm On Apr 17, 2022
Cc mynd44 cc fynestboi cc lalasticlala cc seun cc OAM4J cc Dominique
Re: BREAKING: Yari, Marafa Dump APC For PDP by press9jatv: 4:21pm On Apr 17, 2022
Breaking: Yari and I ready to dump APC now – Marafa

A factional leader of All Progressives Congress APC) in Zamfara state, Senator Kabiru Marafa, has confirmed that former Zamfara state governor Abdul’azeez Yari, himself and their supporters may soon dump the ruling APC for another party.

Although, Marafa did not reveal the party they will be joining but unconfirm report said chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party in the state, Bala Mande, had announced that Yari, Marafa and their supporters would join the opposition party.

In a phone conversation with newsmen Sunday in Abuja, Senator Marafa said: “As far as I am concerned, I am not a fulfilled person as far as this project APC is called. If there is anything left, I am waiting to see how the architect of this cruelty meted out to the people of Zamfara state, how they are going to fare in politics.

“Let those people that are afraid of us come out and say they want to see us out and we can go out anytime now.

“But for now, I am happy, I told them to their faces in Kaduna that they will never benefit out of the machinations they were doing at that time, that is Mai Mala and his co-travellers. And I’m happy that they have lost out and they have lost out disgracefully.

“So I don’t have any business, I can move out of APC anytime I so desire now, anytime I want, I can move out. APC is not Islam, it is my religion that I can not leave for whatever reason, but a political party, I can leave and join anyone of my choice anytime I feel like.

“Yes, APC has treated me unjustly and I have two options: either forgive her or I can move out if I want.

“Some people are too desperate to see us out and they should be rest assured that we will move out at our own pace.

“There were rumours that time that we were being suspended or expelled and I challenged them to do so, they cannot because we are the architect that design and built APC. And I’m happy that they were unable to see our back as far as the APC project is concerned and I am happy that we have seen their back today. We have sent them back to their primary assignment, the one that they have rejected and as far as we are concerned, we have won.

“Mai Mala lost out disgracefully, he’s a young man, he has just started politics, we are going to see how he’s going to end in politics. Zamfara people are not the kind of people he can joke with.

When asked what will be the fate of APC in Zamfara state, Marafa said: “Mai Mala looked for our trouble, and I told him we are not going anywhere, I’m going to stay and fight him and I’m happy we have been able to march him action for action. And today he and all his friends have lost out.

“It depends on what the new leadership desires to do. If they choose to tow the line of Mai Mala, we are definitely going out, politics is about winning election and everything, so we cannot stay in a house that we are not needed.”

https://www.blueprint.ng/breaking-yari-and-i-ready-to-dump-apc-now-marafa/

Re: BREAKING: Yari, Marafa Dump APC For PDP by OkoroBufo: 4:26pm On Apr 17, 2022
-Okoro bufo
Re: BREAKING: Yari, Marafa Dump APC For PDP by Xscape1993(m): 4:26pm On Apr 17, 2022
The bad party is sinking so fastly ooo... I love this...

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Yari, Marafa Dump APC For PDP by LoveNbeloved(f): 4:32pm On Apr 17, 2022
Same people jumping up and down.
Re: BREAKING: Yari, Marafa Dump APC For PDP by Officialgarri: 4:32pm On Apr 17, 2022
Irrelevant folks just accepting terms and conditions to winning contracts
Re: BREAKING: Yari, Marafa Dump APC For PDP by Mynd44: 8:17pm On Apr 17, 2022

(1)

10 Osinbajo Myths Debunked / Buhari Sacks CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele / Politics In Nigeria Is A Disgrace: UN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.