Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Am Tired Of Law - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Am Tired Of Law (465 Views)

How UNILAG’s Draconian Rule Threw Faculty Of Law Into Electoral Chaos / I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU / Meet Dehlia Umunna, The First Nigerian Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Tired Of Law by Poco25: 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2022
It has been my passion to do law, but Soo many frustration from parents and siblings even relatives. Before i got Admission the first school I choose didn't admit me after reaching the dept cutoff, before then I had a dream seeing myself in the school that I am Admitted now. I saw it as a joke, I prayed against it though, last last after I was denied Admission last year, I decided changing to my state school, loha and behold the closed their portal that day, I was depressed extremely paranoid, Soo I had no other option that to Change to the school I dreamt of(seeing my self putting in a law cloth at night, the said it's law dinner and I saw the school s law Faculty) I was like , ahh this school again, after that, thank GOD they Admitted me.

-My parents, siblings, family members even relatives as well were all agains my decision with the believe that men are not meant to study but to do busy, that a guy in our village built houses at the age of 23.

-They are comparing me to many of them that I should quit education and do business, seriously my people many a youths are doing great, but I want law. Now am very depressed on what to do even to study the law again just weak me.

Secondly, all this hear say that lawyers are broke how truthful is that? Please someone should respond cause the named many a lawyers that aren't really that wealthy, studying law in Nigeria for 5yrs plus strike, internship and service, God! it's rigorous,

3rdly am the only son, Soo many responsibilities that's on me, my people always advising that law isn't for me, and the pay is pet*y, that unless I wan turn 50 before I marry, which really hurt me deeply. But seriously I know the want the best for me.

-Right now I don't know which step to take next, cause deep inside I'm weak and absolutely depressed, who will u Even talk to ones you mention law, forgerit it nah total dismissal in my family...

---I just got Admission recently into law, started before strike, I need your advice folks in the house and others as well������
Re: Am Tired Of Law by erjo: 1:28pm On Apr 18, 2022
Poco25:
It has been my passion to do law, but Soo many frustration from parents and siblings even relatives. Before i got Admission the first school I choose didn't admit me after reaching the dept cutoff, before then I had a dream seeing myself in the school that I am Admitted now. I saw it as a joke, I prayed against it though, last last after I was denied Admission last year, I decided changing to my state school, loha and behold the closed their portal that day, I was depressed extremely paranoid, Soo I had no other option that to Change to the school I dreamt of(seeing my self putting in a law cloth at night, the said it's law dinner and I saw the school s law Faculty) I was like , ahh this school again, after that, thank GOD they Admitted me.

-My parents, siblings, family members even relatives as well were all agains my decision with the believe that men are not meant to study but to do busy, that a guy in our village built houses at the age of 23.

-They are comparing me to many of them that I should quit education and do business, seriously my people many a youths are doing great, but I want law. Now am very depressed on what to do even to study the law again just weak me.

Secondly, all this hear say that lawyers are broke how truthful is that? Please someone should respond cause the named many a lawyers that aren't really that wealthy, studying law in Nigeria for 5yrs plus strike, internship and service, God! it's rigorous,

3rdly am the only son, Soo many responsibilities that's on me, my people always advising that law isn't for me, and the pay is pet*y, that unless I wan turn 50 before I marry, which really hurt me deeply. But seriously I know the want the best for me.

-Right now I don't know which step to take next, cause deep inside I'm weak and absolutely depressed, who will u Even talk to ones you mention law, forgerit it nah total dismissal in my family...

---I just got Admission recently into law, started before strike, I need your advice folks in the house and others as well������

Who said a lawyer can't become a great business man?
Re: Am Tired Of Law by Poco25: 1:48pm On Apr 18, 2022
erjo:

Who said a lawyer can't become a great business man?
as in, they said I will be wasting my time doing law for upto 5 to 6years, that I should hustle
Re: Am Tired Of Law by Poco25: 1:55pm On Apr 18, 2022
People should respond, stop viewing and going.
Please I need answers from experienced folks, anybody can respond aswell.
Re: Am Tired Of Law by winnersilver22: 2:52pm On Apr 18, 2022
lol! the country is going crazy daily. the fact is that the chance of you making it big we take a long time and you still need to further again to be more qualify. if it is your dream career or passion for it , you can go ahead, but if it is the money, no level
Re: Am Tired Of Law by erjo: 2:53pm On Apr 18, 2022
Poco25:
as in, they said I will be wasting my time doing law for upto 5 to 6years, that I should hustle

You can do the two together, unless you're lazy
Re: Am Tired Of Law by Tochex101(m): 9:55pm On Apr 18, 2022
erjo:

Bro,

Using completedns....how do you tell those outbounded previously.?
Some say parked previously and some others list previous changes in nameservers..

How do I tell those with previous outbound?
Re: Am Tired Of Law by erjo: 10:08pm On Apr 18, 2022
Tochex101:

Bro,

Using completedns....how do you tell those outbounded previously.?
Some say parked previously and some others list previous changes in nameservers..

How do I tell those with previous outbound?

If the last ns is dan, goto Dan and type the domain name on the search bar. See how much it's listed. U will surely know.
Re: Am Tired Of Law by Poco25: 10:20pm On Apr 18, 2022
erjo:

Are you a student of law?
Re: Am Tired Of Law by Tochex101(m): 10:22pm On Apr 18, 2022
erjo:

If the last ns is dan, goto Dan and type the domain name on the search bar. See how much it's listed. U will surely know.
Thanks for responding....via the high price?
The higher it is, the more chances of previous outbound?
I'm still a little lost
Re: Am Tired Of Law by Poco25: 10:27pm On Apr 18, 2022
winnersilver22:
lol! the country is going crazy daily. the fact is that the chance of you making it big we take a long time and you still need to further again to be more qualify. if it is your dream career or passion for it , you can go ahead, but if it is the money, no level

Ok, student of law?
Re: Am Tired Of Law by erjo: 10:24am On Apr 19, 2022
Poco25:

Are you a student of law?

Nah
Re: Am Tired Of Law by sageb: 10:44am On Apr 19, 2022
Poco25:

You can study Law and Still do business by the side.
Don't be discouraged and lose focus

BTW, are you the male version of Pocohantas?
Your moniker though
Re: Am Tired Of Law by Poco25: 10:58am On Apr 19, 2022
sageb:

You can study Law and Still do business by the side.
Don't be discouraged and lose focus

BTW, are you the male version of Pocohantas?
Your moniker though

Lolz, no I'm not. Just I be Poco nothing else.
Thanks though
Re: Am Tired Of Law by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 19, 2022
Would have suggested you do both but it can further affect ur studies, making you spend more years than you should in school.

My little suggestion is: start the business if you have got the map and resources since ASUU is still on strike, then u can defer the admission to concentrate on the biz for 1 or 2 years. After which u can then have someone run it while u supervise.
Re: Am Tired Of Law by erjo: 7:28pm On Apr 19, 2022
Macsjebs:
Would have suggested you do both but it can further affect ur studies, making you spend more years than you should in school.

My little suggestion is will be, start the business if you have got the map and resources since ASUU is still on strike, then u can defer the admission to concentrate on the biz for 1 or 2 years. After which u can then have someone run it while u supervise.

They're many students, I mean a lot of students running Businesses with studies and still doing well in both. I did it, and I know many who did it and still graduated with good grades.

(1) (Reply)

Your ICAN May 2022 Diet Exams - Registration, Writing, Discipline... / 100 Top Ranked Best Nigeria Universities / How To Make Money On Affiliate Marketing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.