Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,920 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin (757 Views)

Economic Blitzkrieg Against Russia Did Not Work — Putin / Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty / North Korea: Kim Jong Un Executes Five Officials For Failed Trump Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by MangekyoAlt: 7:05pm On Apr 18, 2022
The Russian economy has withstood the sanctions pressure, according to the president

Western nations have failed in their attempts to destabilize the Russian economy with sanctions, Russian President Vladimir Putin said at a government meeting on economic issues on Monday.

[b] “The situation is stabilizing, the ruble exchange rate has returned to the levels of the first half of February and is supported by a strong balance of payments… Foreign cash is returning to the country’s banking system, and the volume of deposits by citizens is growing. As for the consumer market, after a short rush to buy a number of goods… retail demand has returned to normal. Commodity stocks in retail chains are recovering,” Putin said.

Overall, he noted that sanctions have failed to break the country’s economy.

“The goal [of sanctions] was to quickly undermine the financial and economic situation in our country, provoke a panic in the markets, trigger a collapse of the banking system and a large-scale shortage of goods in stores. But this policy has failed – the economic blitzkrieg has run aground,” the Russian president stated.

Meanwhile, according to Putin, the sanctions have backfired on the countries that introduced them, namely the US and the EU, leading to a spike in inflation and unemployment in these countries, a worsening of the standard of living of its citizens, and devaluation of their savings.[/b]

Putin acknowledged that Russians have also felt the impact of the sanctions on their family budgets, as prices in the country over the past month and a half have jumped by 9.4%, and annual inflation surged to 17.5% as of April 8. The president noted, however, that prices are now showing signs of stabilizing, and he vowed to introduce further measures to help the population.

“We need to support our citizens, help them cope with the inflationary wave. In this regard, let me remind you that we made a decision to raise all social payments, pensions and salaries of residents employed in the public sector,” he said.

According to Putin, restrictions placed on the country have negatively affected businesses, complicating the logistics of export and import deliveries and creating obstacles for making payments. The president noted that in order to improve the situation, Russia needs to speed up the transition to national currencies in foreign trade settlements.

“It is necessary to provide maximum assistance to entrepreneurs in solving these problems, including speeding up the transition of foreign trade to settlements in rubles and in the national currencies of countries that are reliable business partners,” he said.

According to the president, the key task for the government at the moment is the long-term stability of the financial system at both the federal and regional levels.

Russia has faced unprecedented sanctions from the US and its allies in retaliation to Moscow’s military operation in Ukraine. In less than two months, Russia has become the most sanctioned country in the world. Moscow says it is now subject to more than 6,000 different targeted restrictions. That is more than Iran, Venezuela, Myanmar, and Cuba combined.

SOURCE

Cc; Lalasticlacla, Mynd44

3 Likes

Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by MangekyoAlt: 7:09pm On Apr 18, 2022
Russia is now the most sanctioned country in the entire world, even more than Iran, Cuba, Venezuela etc combined! Yet they are still able to maintain their attack on the NATO backed Ukraine, raining down dozens of missiles on the skulls of Nazis AKA white Supremacists, daily.
The most funny thing is, although inflation rose in Russia, it less compared to those who ditched out sanctions to Crumble the economy of Russia. Meanwhile, Russians have been known to be hard people, so they wouldn't find it difficult to adapt to the current situation. Unlike Snowflake, and extremely lazy parasites from the west who have already started murmuring because they have been reduced to using firewood to heat up their meal and using bycicles to go to work instead of their AC cars. Las Las them go hear word.

God bless lord Putin
God bless Mother Russia

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by God1000(m): 7:10pm On Apr 18, 2022
He's a war criminal

2 Likes

Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 18, 2022
Say what you will, but do not underestimate Putin and his "will to act".

If there's anything to be learnt from the conflict, it is that the dude DOES NOT BLUFF.

5 Likes

Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by MangekyoAlt: 7:25pm On Apr 18, 2022
God1000:
He's a war criminal
Apart from Trump, ALL, and I mean ALL ex American presidents were war criminals.

Putin does NOT give a fućk about international laws as they were made by the west.

Meanwhile, instead of wailing, channel your energy into pressuring the commander abi inspector General of the supposedly world sheriff, Biden of the USA, to go and arrest the war criminal let's see if Russian troops won't bomb his skull grin
Or you can go and arrest him yourself. Na for here we go watch how them splatter your brain matter everywhere grin grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by railone(m): 7:29pm On Apr 18, 2022
Win lose or draw... The US will not release Russia from this choke hold they have them in quickly...

This is why I like Big Brother, their actions are meant to be both a statement and a deterrence for future generations and wannabes

1 Like

Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by ken6488(m): 7:34pm On Apr 18, 2022
railone:
Win lose or draw... The US will not release Russia from this choke hold they have them in quickly...

This is why I like Big Brother, their actions are meant to be both a statement and a deterrence for future generations and wannabes
Actually, if USA continues like that they will hurt themselves more by killing the dollar giving rise to china

It is really true one empire must collapse for one to rise

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by Vicotex(m): 7:44pm On Apr 18, 2022
God1000:
He's a war criminal
Go and charge him.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by smileyoo: 7:50pm On Apr 18, 2022
Mr Putin, you have made a serious statement to the western powers, why not find how to end this war quickly, because innocent people are killed every day, because of this conflict ?
Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by Kingsnairaland(m): 7:51pm On Apr 18, 2022
Though some people out of their love for anything America, have refused to see that America is the number one bully in the whole world.

I love America too, and I will prefer them to remain powerful, but not with absolute power.

Because absolute power currupts in case you do not know.

If anyone think America is fighting for Ukraine, they are deceiving themselves.
America is fighting to destroy the only country, that's preventing them from having absolute power. The military might of Russia is of great concern.

America practice democracy at home, but on the international stage, they practice dictatorship. They have little or no respect for the UN, they have even threatened the UN and its affiliates on numerous occasions.

America respects sovereignty of a nation, for as long as the nation is serving their interests. Once you fall out of line, and you refuse to fall back in line...... Forget it.

A unipolar world is dangerous for everyone of us.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by MangekyoAlt: 7:53pm On Apr 18, 2022
Vicotex:

Go and charge him.
Abi na grin they keep screaming "War Criminal" in every thread lord Putin is mentioned.
Meanwhile, what do you do with a criminal? No be to arrest, charge him to court and persecute him? So instead of wasting time and energy into wailing, they should probably start inviting putin to bring himself to them otherwise they will go into the Kremlin and drag him out like a common criminal let's see if they won't sleep and wake up in Russian dungeons the following day asking how they got there grin

5 Likes

Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by MangekyoAlt: 8:14pm On Apr 18, 2022
Kingsnairaland:
Though some people out of their love for anything America, have refused to see that America is the number one bully in the whole world.

I love America too, and I will prefer them to remain powerful, but not with absolute power.

Because absolute power currupts in case you do not know.

If anyone think America is fighting for Ukraine, they are deceiving themselves.
America is fighting to destroy the only country, that's preventing them from having absolute power. The military might of Russia is of great concern.

America practice democracy at home, but on the international stage, they practice dictatorship. They have little or no respect for the UN, they have even threatened the UN and its affiliates on numerous occasions.

America respects sovereignty of a nation, for as long as the nation is serving their interests. Once you fall out of line, and you refuse to fall back in line...... Forget it.

A unipolar world is dangerous for everyone of us.

God bear me witness. I used to love America alot before, and for most times wished for them to remain world power forever.
But then, as an average Nigerian youth, I didn't actually know about their history and didn't care to..... Just continued dickriding them and defending them as slaves do.
But once I started reading about their history, I got to know of Vietnam, Laos, Iraq, Lybia, Yugoslavia, Syria and all other countless countries they bombed for no reasons.
Now I know all bombings they carried out were utterly ruthless and criminal, but the two that brought tear to my eyes were Iraq and Laos. Let me start with Laos.
For almost a decade more bombs were dropped on Laos by the satanic USA, than all bombs dropped in WW2 combined, giving Laos the title of the most bombed country in the entire world , killing more than 350000 people. The bombing left over 80 million unexploded bombs that have killed over 50,000 people since the war ended.

Cambodia also, was bombed more than Japan was during WW2 and estimates put the deaths at around 150,000 dead from US bombings. Meanwhile, elaborating on Cambodia would be for another day.

I was watching some commentaries of USA's invasion of Iraq documentary on YouTube, and saw how US and British troops murdered innocent people and bombed hundreds of civilian while terming them collateral damage.

Infact just take your time to read this article https://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/2000/mar/04/weekend7.weekend9
And see the atrocities of USA and Britain in iraq with no one condemning them.. Same murthafuckas who are the biggest perpetrators of war crimes are calling the russians war criminal. Thunder fire them.

I used to wish America remained world power but not anymore. The world should be multipolar since its now become obvious that these clowns have always been power drunk with people just realizing it now. Idk if Chinese/Russian leadership end up becoming worse, but the most part these two countries have never threatened Africa since God created us, unlike the west who have been milking us dry and blocking our developments, supporting terrorists here just to hang on to our natural resources

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:25pm On Apr 18, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

God bear me witness. I used to love America alot before, and for most times wished for them to remain world power forever.
But then, as an average Nigerian youth, I didn't actually know about their history and didn't care to..... Just continued dickriding them and defending them as slaves do.
But once I started reading about their history, I got to know of Vietnam, Laos, Iraq, Lybia, Yugoslavia, Syria and all other countless countries they bombed for no reasons.
Now I know all bombings they carried out were utterly ruthless and criminal, but the two that brought tear to my eyes were Iraq and Laos. Let me start with Laos.
For almost a decade more bombs were dropped on Laos by the satanic USA, than all bombs dropped in WW2 combined, giving Laos the title of the most bombed country in the entire world , killing more than 350000 people. The bombing left over 80 million unexploded bombs that have killed over 50,000 people since the war ended.

Cambodia also, was bombed more than Japan was during WW2 and estimates put the deaths at around 150,000 dead from US bombings. Meanwhile, elaborating on Cambodia would be for another day.

I was watching some commentaries of USA's invasion of Iraq documentary on YouTube, and saw how US and British troops murdered innocent people and bombed hundreds of civilian while terming them collateral damage.

Infact just take your time to read this article https://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/2000/mar/04/weekend7.weekend9
And see the atrocities of USA and Britain in iraq with no one condemning them.. Same murthafuckas who are the biggest perpetrators of war crimes are calling the russians war criminal. Thunder fire them.

I used to wish America remained world power but not anymore. The world should be multipolar since its now become obvious that these clowns have always been power drunk with people just realizing it now. Idk if Chinese/Russian leadership end up becoming worse, but the most part these two countries have never threatened Africa since God created us, unlike the west who have been milking us dry and blocking our developments, supporting terrorists here just to hang on to our natural resources

Exactly

But the worst part is any African nation that tries to develop by it self then USA will be the first to bring them down

Because they know if we develop they won't be getting free things that they get by proxy.

3 Likes

Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by MangekyoAlt: 8:34pm On Apr 18, 2022
Kingsnairaland:

Exactly

But the worst part is any African nation that tries to make it own development technology and USA will be the first to bring them down

Because they know if we develop thru won't be getting free things that they get by proxy.

Africans actually love being slaves tbh. We keep giving them the impression that we are under their mercy and that we will always put their interest above ours.
Go and read about how they, the Europeans have now shifted their attention to us for oil and gas. Isn't this the perfect opportunity for us to demand that payment be made in our own local currencies?? Like reason it. At this moment, these parasites would even kneel down, beg us and even lick our asses because they obviously cannot do without oil. This is the best moment. Of course They will murmur and threaten us, but they will succumb Las Las as there are no alternative to Russian cheap gas.
If they choose to attack us for the oil, we can always call on the Chinese and russians to supply us weapons to defend ourselves with.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:55pm On Apr 18, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

Africans actually love being slaves tbh. We keep giving them the impression that we are under their mercy and that we will always put their interest above ours.
Go and read about how they, the Europeans have now shifted their attention to us for oil and gas. Isn't this the perfect opportunity for us to demand that payment be made in our own local currencies?? Like reason it. At this moment, these parasites would even kneel down, beg us and even lick our asses because they obviously cannot do without oil. This is the best moment. Of course They will murmur and threaten us, but they will succumb Las Las as there are no alternative to Russian cheap gas.
If they choose to attack us for the oil, we can always call on the Chinese and russians to supply us weapons to defend ourselves with.

Lol do our leaders have the gut...
Because now is the time to demand for them to devalue thier currency and pay in our own currency so that inflation will reduce drastically.

But hey curruption won't allow us to get freedom.
Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by Horus(m): 9:51pm On Apr 18, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMCgj_58kZc

Sanctions on Russia are an own goal by west, says Putin

The Russian president, Vladimir Putin, said on Monday that western countries had scored an own goal by imposing sanctions on Russia, which he said had led to a 'deterioration of the economy in the west'. Speaking about the state of Russia's domestic economy, Putin said that inflation was stabilising and that retail demand in the country had normalised

5 Likes

Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 18, 2022
Russia's strong man vlamdir putin doesn't really understand how sanctions work, Sanctions are not short term weapons they are like cancer they eat and cause massive devastation to an economy, before u realize what is happening it has caused so much damage, this sanctions have more effects and grow more teeth after an accumulated period of time, The EU and NATO are bloodhounds and can sniff out when this sanctions and are ready to dish out more targeted sanctions, so it is too early to be giving a valedictory speech,

1 Like

Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by DerrickzB: 10:29pm On Apr 18, 2022
[s]
railone:

[/s]

Next please..
Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by MangekyoAlt: 10:45pm On Apr 18, 2022
[s]
Heathrow44:
Russia's strong man vlamdir putin doesn't really understand how sanctions work, Sanctions are not short term weapons they are like cancer they eat and cause massive devastation to an economy, before u realize what is happening it has caused so much damage, this sanctions have more effects and grow more teeth after an accumulated period of time, The EU and NATO are bloodhounds and can sniff out when this sanctions and are ready to dish out more targeted sanctions, so it is too early to be giving a valedictory speech,
[/s]
Trash! This barrage of sanctions was actually meant to bring russia to its knees, pull out from Ukraine and beg for sanction relief.
But you have heard from putin that things have started to stabilize. You have seen the fact. The rubble bounced back from its all time low and instead of Russia to be the one to suffer from the effects of sanctions, those who ditched them out are!.
When the west sanctioned Russia for annexing Crimea, Russia went on to even make more profit the following year. They started working to be self sufficient and that is why they are able to survive these sanctions today. They have been preparing for this since half a decade now and by God's grace with the help of china and other important countries, Russia will even become stronger

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by Puremaker8: 11:50pm On Apr 18, 2022
smileyoo:
Mr Putin, you have made a serious statement to the western powers, why not find how to end this war quickly, because innocent people are killed every day, because of this conflict ?
Tell that to the comedian who really want to fight Russia for ten years

4 Likes

Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by Kingsnairaland(m): 2:54am On Apr 19, 2022
Heathrow44:

You don't understand what you say England is about to go into a recession. Germany has refused to sanction Russia gas.

1 Like

Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by railone(m): 7:12am On Apr 19, 2022
ken6488:

Actually, if USA continues like that they will hurt themselves more by killing the dollar giving rise to china

It is really true one empire must collapse for one to rise

Hurt the dollar? Giving rise to China?

is there a group you guys learn all these from? cause it's very funny.

wait do you think oil and gas is the only commodity that they sell internationally?

Even the oil sef, the benchmark for oil is Brent oil, guess which country owns that?
Majority of the OPEC countries sell theirs in dollars.

Majority of other commodities are sold in dollars.

You guys are lacking both in international politics and now international trades. Gosh, I'd hate to be you guys
Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by railone(m): 7:13am On Apr 19, 2022
DerrickzB:
[s][/s]

Next please..

response of a feeble mind that shows how empty he is
Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by DerrickzB: 7:26am On Apr 19, 2022
[s]
railone:

[/s]

Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by ken6488(m): 7:33am On Apr 19, 2022
railone:

wait do you think oil and gas is the only commodity that they sell internationally?

Even the oil sef, the benchmark for oil is Brent oil, guess which country owns that?

You guys are lacking both in international politics and now international trades. Gosh, I'd hate to be you guys
Do you know Saudi plan using yuan

I never said only Russia,

But the war might change other countries views

1 Like

Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by railone(m): 9:28am On Apr 19, 2022
ken6488:
Do you know Saudi plan using yuan

I never said only Russia,

But the war might change other countries views

Read slowly and understand the point I was making. Saudi Arabia isn't the only OPEC country. I said majority.
Even the Saudi Arabia, their military defense equipment and weapons are 90% America, those are bought in Dollars. When muslims from Nigeria for example goes on pilgrimage, they take dollars with them to exchange at Saudi Arabia when they there, not naira, dollars.

That's just 2 examples of what I was talking about. Oil and gas isn't the only international trade in the world.
If we take international trade into account, oil and gas will be about 30% or lower leaving the dollars to control majority of the 70%.

so how does SA selling to China in Yuan bring down the dollars now??
Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by Vicotex(m): 9:53pm On Apr 19, 2022
railone:

when the big boys in opec don say dem no dey use dollars again?

1 Like

Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by DerrickzB: 10:27pm On Apr 19, 2022
[s]
railone:

[/s]

If you like cry.. Mumu
Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by olugabbie(m): 4:18am On Apr 20, 2022
railone:

This is incorrect. Like i always say, in international community. There is no permanent enemy and no permanent friend. The likes of Iran and Venezuela used to be enemies of the West. Now the US needs them to counter Russia. The sanctions imposed on them are being lifted.

Russia is not a major threat to the US. US should be worry about China. China has the capacity to dispose the US as the most powerful country in the world. Sooner or later, the West will know this and when it's time to counter China. They will call upon India and Russia. For them counter China growth effective. They need both India & China on their side.

Some people think Russia needs China more. But i strongly believe that China needs Russia more. China's military and economic growth will be challenged by the West at some point. So when that happen and sanctions start to fly. China will need a relaible supplier (Russia) of energy to support it's massive factories and population. The US can force most of the oil producing states to stop selling oil and gas to China. But they can't stop Russia from selling oil and gas to China.

To counter China, Russia must be on their side.

3 Likes

Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:30am On Apr 20, 2022
olugabbie:

This is incorrect. Like i always say, in international community. There is no permanent enemy and no permanent friend. The likes of Iran and Venezuela used to be enemies of the West. Now the US needs them to counter Russia. The sanctions imposed on them are being lifted.

Russia is not a major threat to the US. US should be worry about China. China has the capacity to dispose the US as the most powerful country in the world. Sooner or later, the West will know this and when it's time to counter China. They will call upon India and Russia. For them counter China growth effective. They need both India & China on their side.

Some people think Russia needs China more. But i strongly believe that China needs Russia more. China's military and economic growth will be challenged by the West at some point. So when that happen and sanctions start to fly. China will need a relaible supplier (Russia) of energy to support it's massive factories and population. The US can force most of the oil producing states to stop selling oil and gas to China. But they can't stop Russia from selling oil and gas to China.

Any way the game plan won't work because every one knows divide the rule tactics and people want to be free the human mind was not created to be under any other person subjugation forever.
Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by railone(m): 9:45am On Apr 20, 2022
Vicotex:

when the big boys in opec don say dem no dey use dollars again?

which big boys... mention them
Re: Western ‘economic Blitzkrieg’ Has Failed – Putin by railone(m): 9:51am On Apr 20, 2022
olugabbie:

Where have you been for the last 4 years.. The US is already on China.
QUAD,
AUKUS
Increasing military alliance in the Pacific
Increasing arms sales to Taiwan
Reinforcing Guam defense
Increasing ships passage through the Taiwan strait.

The US gave up on Russia long ago but if you say that, folks here will be quoting scenarios that will mostly not happen.

They had reduced Russia to a regional power. And are now trying to do same to China, their only problem is that unlike Russia that didn't have economic strength, China does and that's the headache they are having

(1) (2) (Reply)

Russia Withdraws From Snake Island As "GOODWILL GESTURE" - / UK reminiscent of North Korea As The Queen's Face Occupies Every Where. / Ukraine Supports Go Crazy Over Elon Musk Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.