Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

On Tribalism – Understanding Peter Obi, The Man We Desire To Be President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On Tribalism – Understanding Peter Obi, The Man We Desire To Be President (722 Views)

The ECOWAS We Desire, And Must Have, By President Buhari / APC Reacts To Atiku And Peter Obi's 'the Candidates' Interview, / Is Peter Obi The Owner Of This Mansion In London? See Photos & APC Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Tribalism – Understanding Peter Obi, The Man We Desire To Be President by CoolKizzy(m): 10:51pm On Apr 18, 2022
One popular Igbo adage says, one does not learn how to be left-handed at old age. If there’s one man this adage suits like a glove, it’s HE Peter Gregory Obi, the former two-term governor of Anambra State. He is one who is ever consistent with his character. The same thing he does today, you can be guaranteed he will repeat tomorrow provided it gave him positive results the first time.

While governor of Anambra State, he never appointed a commissioner from his home town of Agulu throughout his eight years in office. It wasn’t because he hated his own people but rather because he’s ever a rational and practical person.
There are 177 towns in Anambra State. And there were 21 commissioners all through his time in office. There are also 21 Local Government Areas in Anambra State. So he made it during his eight years that each LGA produced a commissioner. In his LGA of 10 communities, he reasoned that since his own community had taken the lion share of producing the number one citizen of the state, that it would be unfair to add a commissioner as well. Also each commissioner was a member of the State Executive Council.
He couldn’t imagine where one community like Agulu would have two people in the SEC while one particular LGA had none. It didn’t comply with his idea of democracy. He believed that any one out of the 177 communities should be very happy providing the governor without adding any commissioner to it too. He considered it not only being greedy but also distorting the balance of equity and fair play.

When he began his tenure, some of his people from Agulu thought the Anambra State Government House was business as usual, where brothers, relatives and friends frolicked. They all had another think coming their way. Their son was not someone who managed public trust with any iota of sentiment.

Telling his wife there was not going to be anything like office of the first lady and meaning it should have warned his people this man was not your ordinary Nigeria. But when they tried to pressure on him to start development like roads and other infrastructure with Agulu, they realised they were up the wrong tree. The man we also call Okwute told them straight without blinking that he was not the governor of Agulu but rather that of Anambra State.
He made even developments, diligently prioritising based on each community needs. When it got to the turn of Agulu they benefited also like any other town. Every of the 177 communities benefitted from Okwute’s government presence in more ways than one. All schools in the 177 communities were visited by this workaholic at least three times each during his tenure and assistance in repairing/building new structures, providing generators, ICT and internet facilities as well as providing school buses went round to each of the schools. All Anambra State, including his own community of Agulu, sang his praises after eight years of unblemished performance.

The mother of all fairness was saying and insisting that Anambra North Senatorial Zone would provide his successor. This was because since creation of the state in 1991, only people from his Anambra Central and Anambra South had been governors. He insisted that equity demanded that the North should be allowed to provide someone to succeed him. Remarkably, Anambra North never agitated for it but Okwute was convinced it was the way to go for every zone in the state not to develop any sense of being marginalised.

Many politcal big wigs from both Central and South tried to oppose that but he singlehandedly ensured that one from the North succeeded him. It was even more remarkable as the man who succeeded him never contributed a dime to his campaign until he was made governor. It endeared Okwute to all Anambrarians as one who firmly believed in equity and fairness. That was how zoning was born in Anambra State and his dear state became the better for it as all politicial parties adopted zoning in subsequent gubernatorial elections since he left office.
He also prepared every ground for his successor to be a huge success, leaving behind N75 billion and diligently providing all necessary conditions for a seamless take over.

A man capable of this is a completely detribalised Nigerian. He would bring equity and fairness into appointments, projects siting and execution, gender balance in leadership and so on in his administration.

This is a man Nigeria needs right now like she never needed before. In a country noted for her very crippling TRIBAL AND RELIGIOUS DIFFERENCES, there really can be no one more suited to bring us together at this very perilous time in our history.

#NigeriaNeedsPeterObi

1 Like

Re: On Tribalism – Understanding Peter Obi, The Man We Desire To Be President by Mooh247: 10:57pm On Apr 18, 2022
grin

Peter Obi..... I had one wrist watch
Peter Obi ..... I didn't appointment my village people as commissioner
Peter Obi .... I invested Anambra's allocation in my company
Peter Obi .... I live in a boys quaters

Akpabio .... International stadium, Four Star hotel
Fashola ...... Ikoyi Lekki link bridge
Ambode ........ Oshodi bus terminal
Tinubu .......... 40 billion monthly IGR, RRS , BRT , Independent power plant
Obiano ...... International Airport
Okorocha ..... Statue
Wike ..... Flyovers

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Tribalism – Understanding Peter Obi, The Man We Desire To Be President by tollyboy5(m): 11:10pm On Apr 18, 2022
Mooh247:
grin

Akpabio .... International stadium
Okorocha ..... Statue
Wike ..... Flyovers

Please elaborate. All this before 2007 ?
Re: On Tribalism – Understanding Peter Obi, The Man We Desire To Be President by Mooh247: 11:12pm On Apr 18, 2022
tollyboy5:

Please elaborate. All this before 2007 ?

O yes all these and many more in 8 years through the wonderful PPP model

Check LIRS under Fowler and what they made

Bellow is the video of RRS lunch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQz9jyOOk1M

2 Likes

Re: On Tribalism – Understanding Peter Obi, The Man We Desire To Be President by Nobody: 11:31pm On Apr 18, 2022
Mooh247:

Bellow is the video of RRS lunch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQz9jyOOk1M

Some people do not even know that Jagaban launched the dreaded RRS outfit. His PR team needs to be more vibrant in marketing his legacies as Governor. I hope they want to secure the APC ticket first sha before coming out with the mother of all campaigns. We can trust Jagaban for that. He already has a song which almost every lawmaker knows how to sing.lol

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Tribalism – Understanding Peter Obi, The Man We Desire To Be President by obinnajohnson: 11:33pm On Apr 18, 2022
His Excellency, Mr Peter Obi is the only eligible candidate who can conviniently right the wrongs of this evil party in power.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Tribalism – Understanding Peter Obi, The Man We Desire To Be President by Rugaria: 11:44pm On Apr 18, 2022
Others are sending their thieves to go and loot down Nigeria for them. You igbos are looking for your saints to go and build up a useless country for them! Are you not the crazy one? You don't have brigands and kleptomaniacs in the mould of Obasanjo and Buhari in Igboland?

Let's say he wins, something that will never happen since Buhari will hand over to a fellow northerner, Peter Obi will spend 8 years paying back to The IMF, The world bank, the Afriibank and China, endless billions of dollars worth of Buharis debts, he Will be allocating more cash from the South to The North every month, based on a constitution written by one Abdulsalami Abubakar, while paying trillions in wages to an overblown civil service full of fulanis from all over West Africa!

When he's done cleaning up the mess, he will hand over to another Fulani for another round of decade long plundering! What's the use then? Are you guys not tired of this? Are you addicted to suffering?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Tribalism – Understanding Peter Obi, The Man We Desire To Be President by haffaze777(m): 11:51pm On Apr 18, 2022
Pandora thief can never be presidentgrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Tribalism – Understanding Peter Obi, The Man We Desire To Be President by West1side: 12:27am On Apr 19, 2022
Understanding the Pandora kleptomaniac criminal Peter Obi.

haffaze777:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Tribalism – Understanding Peter Obi, The Man We Desire To Be President by West1side: 12:28am On Apr 19, 2022
Understanding the Pandora kleptomaniac criminal Peter Obi.

haffaze777:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Tribalism – Understanding Peter Obi, The Man We Desire To Be President by IGBOSON1: 1:31am On Apr 19, 2022
Rugaria:
Others are sending their thieves to go and loot down Nigeria for them. You igbos are looking for your saints to go and build up a useless country for them! Are you not the crazy one? You don't have brigands and kleptomaniacs in the mould of Obasanjo and Buhari in Igboland?

Let's say he wins something that will never happen since Buhari will hand over to a fellow northerner, Peter Obi will spend 8 years paying back to The IMF, The world bank, the Afriibank and China endless billions of dollars worth of Buharis debts, he Will be allocating more cash from the South to The North every month, based on a constitution written by one Abdulsalami Abubakar, while paying trillions in wages to an overblown civil service full of fulanis from all over West Africa!

When he's done cleaning up the mess, he will hand over to another Fulani for another round of decade long plundering! What's the use then? Are you guys not tired of this? Are you addicted to suffering?

Hehehehehehe grin grin grin
Re: On Tribalism – Understanding Peter Obi, The Man We Desire To Be President by 1868co: 5:38am On Apr 19, 2022
[s]
Mooh247:
grin

Peter Obi .... I live in a boys quaters

Akpabio .... International stadium, Four Star hotel
Okorocha ..... Statue
Wike ..... Flyovers

[/s]
Re: On Tribalism – Understanding Peter Obi, The Man We Desire To Be President by Karlovich: 5:39am On Apr 19, 2022
embarassed Ewedu and Amala will be disappointed
Re: On Tribalism – Understanding Peter Obi, The Man We Desire To Be President by mighty2: 6:14am On Apr 19, 2022
That animal can only rule his unproductive and erosion ravaged region but in Nigeria, he can never be president
No ib hoe will rule this country, wailing wailers should know this and know peace
On Tinubu's mandate i stand

1 Like

Re: On Tribalism – Understanding Peter Obi, The Man We Desire To Be President by tamdun: 6:41am On Apr 19, 2022
This same man that called ACN Amala and ewedu party? Anyway we don't need all this bullshit, just list obi's achievement as governor of u want us to vote for him

1 Like

Re: On Tribalism – Understanding Peter Obi, The Man We Desire To Be President by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 7:28am On Apr 19, 2022
obinnajohnson:
His Excellency, Mr Peter Obi is the only eligible candidate who can conviniently right the wrongs of this evil party in power.
no election in South East

1 Like

Re: On Tribalism – Understanding Peter Obi, The Man We Desire To Be President by tollyboy5(m): 9:21am On Apr 19, 2022
Mooh247:

Bel
No where in that video did tinubu generate 40billion monthly.

Stop this propaganda.
Lagos generate less than 10bn monthly as of the time tinubu left government

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Finally Finally Osinbanjo Congratulates Tinubu / Hoodlums Attacks APC presidential candidate Bola Ahmed Tinubu's Convoy In Lagos / Atiku Cannot Go To America Because He Is Wanted For Prosecution - Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.