Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,747 members, 7,955,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:55 PM

Is Nnamdi Kanu's Offence More Punishable Than Northern Bandits? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nnamdi Kanu's Offence More Punishable Than Northern Bandits? (264 Views)

10th Senate: Most Incompetent Southern Christian Better Than Northern Muslim -VP / 6 Offences Punishable By Death In Nigeria / FG Declares War On Unknown Gunmen In S-east, S-south, Ignores Northern Bandits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nnamdi Kanu's Offence More Punishable Than Northern Bandits? by badoh(m): 12:49am On Apr 19, 2022
I'm never a fan of Nnamdi Kanu and do not support secession. We know that agitation for Biafra state in southeastern part of Nigeria is attributed to him, however, there are no facts or evidences to suggest he knows about the UGM killings going on in the southeast, though I may be wrong. His area of interest is agitating against bad governance and marginalisation of his people. The Nigerian govt went extra mile to get Kanu incarcerated while at the same time pampers the Bandits terrorizing the northern part of the country. Bandits continue to kidnap, maime and kill innocent souls which the president swore to protect My question is what sin has Kanu committed that is greater than what bandits are carrying out? If bandits can bomb a train, is that not declaration of war against Nigerian state? Is that not terrorism? Why can't Mr President free Kanu and apply the carrot and stick approach to calm down agitation in the southeast of the country? Bandits have been proscribed as a terrorist unit by the court yet Nigeria govt is foot dragging on eliminating them but applying full force on agitators in the southeast. I'm from the southwest but I believe there should be equal treatment from the govt. I'm pretty sure if Kanu is released today and the government engage him, there would be peace in south east.
However, I also believe people agitate when it doesn't favour them. Where was this same Kanu when Jonathan administration favored mostly people from south east and south-south forgetting that what goes around will definitely come around? Why is it difficult for Nigerian leaders to rule with fairness and rise above ethnic and religion sentiments in the discharge of their duties? Only Obasanjo passed this test to some extent cos he chose his cabinet members without ethnic coloration. I have never seen this govt arrest a high profile bandit or boko-haram and charge him to court just like they did to Nnamdi Kanu. Why the double standards? President Buhari should please release Kanu so that peace can reign in the southeast. We all want peace in nigeria.
Re: Is Nnamdi Kanu's Offence More Punishable Than Northern Bandits? by immortalcrown(m): 12:50am On Apr 19, 2022
Na people wey dey honest you suppose ask the question. Those wey dey handle Kanu and the bandits no dey honest.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Nnamdi Kanu's Offence More Punishable Than Northern Bandits? by ivolt: 1:05am On Apr 19, 2022
badoh:
I'm never a fan of Nnamdi Kanu and do not support secession. We know that agitation for Biafra state in southeastern part of Nigeria is attributed to him, however, there are no facts or evidences to suggest he knows about the UGM killings going on in the southeast, though I may be wrong.
Go and join the army.

He founded UGM and praised their killings.

Bandits don't have a house address, they don't live among humans that
is why some of them are "enjoying" freedom.

Had Kanu also relocated to the jungle before starting his campaign of terror,
he will be a free man today.

2 Likes

Re: Is Nnamdi Kanu's Offence More Punishable Than Northern Bandits? by Franky70(m): 1:12am On Apr 19, 2022
ivolt:

Go and join the army.

I can only imagine your reasoning
We really have a long way to go!

Re: Is Nnamdi Kanu's Offence More Punishable Than Northern Bandits? by ndukwejoe(m): 1:27am On Apr 19, 2022
e no no say the wife wen you no like if she do wrong you go vex well well for her
Re: Is Nnamdi Kanu's Offence More Punishable Than Northern Bandits? by olu77(m): 1:31am On Apr 19, 2022
ivolt:

Go and join the army.

Terrorism in Nigeria is a controversial issue to debate on, but can you say 100% that government can be fighting an enemy for more than 20 years and not have detail idea of their financial sources and the directors behind the scene?

What about pardoned terrorists who will later find their way back? Government will just have mercy on their own beloved ones until the next government comes around

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Nnamdi Kanu's Offence More Punishable Than Northern Bandits? by slimfit1(m): 1:37am On Apr 19, 2022
Tax and oil are what are keeping us together, that is what is paying for the expensive cars and private jets you are seeing in the North they can't manage themselves.
Re: Is Nnamdi Kanu's Offence More Punishable Than Northern Bandits? by orisa37: 1:41am On Apr 19, 2022
FULANI HERDSMEN ARE TERRORISTS AND BUHARI IS BEHIND THEM-BY CHRISTIANE AMANPOUR-CNN.
FULANI HERDSMEN ARE BOKOHARAM AND BANDITS
NNAMDI KANU IS TERRORIZING FULANI CONFEDERATE POLICY OF BMF-BOKOISWA AND FUNAM.
REMEMBER THAT TANKO MOHAMMED AND MALAMI ARE FULANIS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Nnamdi Kanu's Offence More Punishable Than Northern Bandits? by God1000(m): 3:50am On Apr 19, 2022
This is a sensitive and controversial question

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Nnamdi Kanu's Offence More Punishable Than Northern Bandits? by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 4:29am On Apr 19, 2022
My spirit says I should type (Thank God say God no be man)

Thank God say God no be man

(1) (Reply)

Osinbajo Did So Well As Acting President That Reno Omokiri Could Not Lie / 2023: INEC Gives Political Parties One Month To Conduct Primaries & Submit Names / What Senator Prince Bassey Otu Told Cross Riverians As APC Consensus Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.