Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Nysc Project - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc Project (1356 Views)

Personal NYSC Project ! / Advice Needed For NYSC Project, Viz. Rural Electrification. / Osunonline.org: Nysc Project To Showcase Osun State's Rich Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nysc Project by jumobi1(m): 7:18pm On Jul 07, 2011
Hello my Nairalanders. After 16 years of living abroad, I feel it is time for me to register with the NYSC and serve my country.
I understand I have the option of Lagos or Abuja which is nice but I would like to make my service count. I honestly want to collect donations to build boreholes but I really want to help where in counts. I truly don't feel like doing charity in a developed town in Abuja or Lagos where there is money and considerable development. I would honestly like to serve in my state Imo (heard it's impossible) or in any rural local government.
The problem is, Based on the conversations I have, I can only do my CDS in the LGA I serve. Is that true? The truth is I don't know if I can adapt to living in a rural community or if the toll it would take on my body would be worth it.
I assume I can live in a urban community and commute to work. Is this realistic? Would the traffic and transportation conditions permit? I don't want to end up at a govt parastatal serving those who have.
Any suggestions? I really don't know too much about the NYsC program.
Thanks
Re: Nysc Project by AjanleKoko: 12:11am On Jul 10, 2011
Well, go for it.
You'll never know if you don't try.
I'd advise you don't make it like a permanent move. You can take time off work, come down for the NYSC, and see how it goes. Though I would advise that you tone down and keep your profile low, for safety reasons. That is since you are planning to do the service up-country.
Re: Nysc Project by jumobi1(m): 5:09pm On Jul 11, 2011
Thanks man

(1) (Reply)

Please Which Is The Best State To Serve In Nigeria? / Nysc To Reduce Corp Members Allowance From 19800 To 14,800. / 'Deeper Life' Corps Member Wears Skirt At Wamakko Orientation Camp (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.