Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,258 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) (34274 Views)

EFCC Arrests Kwara Pastor Adeniyi James For Defrauding Church Member N3.9m / Yunusa Jibrin Invents AI Tool To Identify Bandits / Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) by benjackugo: 8:40am On Apr 19, 2022
Ponzi: Police Arrest Storage Business Owner, Ovaioza For Defrauding Nigerians (Photos, Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdn6L2_2b6U

The Police have arrested Imu Ovaioza Yunusa, the CEO of Ovaioza Group of Companies, for alleged ponzi scheme, IGBERETV reports.

Ovaioza who is popular on Facebook, is the founder and co-owner of Ovaioza Farm Produce Storage Business (OFPSB). The company engages in processing, storage, distribution and retailing of farm produce such as garri and plantain. Ovaioza also co-owns Ovaioza Skills Acquisition Center (OSAC) and Relax and Chill.

Ovaioza is accused of scamming hundreds of people’s money running into billions of Naira. Ovaioza offered investors a huge return on investment. She once claimed to have bought a plaza in the nation’s capital for more than N500million. The same property was put on sale for N500million on a trading website after it expired.

She was allegedly planning to leave the country with her husband, David, when the officers apprehended her in Abuja.

The case is being handled by the Force Criminal Investigations Department (FCID).

Facebook user, Fab Que who initiated the arrest shared video of the arrest;

Fab Que wrote;

"I have initiated the arrest of Ovaioza and she’s now in Police custody.
This is a Warning to any body who intends to do Fraud please Avoid me. Do not use my Audience for your Dubious act because I will use all the contacts at my Disposal to Deal with you mercilessly. Again AVOID ME."

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10218662661356526&id=1797923146

Ovaioza was born on December 30, 1993. She hails from Okene Local Government Area of Kogi State and attended College of Arabic and Islamic Studies in Okene.

According to reports, she attended School of Nursing And Midwifery in Nasarawa State and Bayero University in Kano State.

https://igberetvnews.com/1418360/ponzi-police-arrest-storage-business-owner-ovaioza-defrauding-nigerians-photos-video/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) by benjackugo: 8:43am On Apr 19, 2022
See

Re: Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) by dawnomike(m): 8:43am On Apr 19, 2022
She will be just fine... She should keep chilling in da custody

5 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) by benjackugo: 8:43am On Apr 19, 2022
More

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) by Mynd44: 8:57am On Apr 19, 2022
Facebook billionaire that was begging for 2k giveaway in 2020.

People sef are mumu.

Someone who in 2020 was begging for funds in the DMs suddenly posts that she has bought houses and trucks and you believed and carried your life savings to her.

Thats how FUNAAB boys were scamming then 2020/2021 with "crypto investments"

123 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) by Boogyman557: 8:57am On Apr 19, 2022
Holly Gram cool Chai dis BANI 2 Sweet oo..

She too fine ABEG!

Una sure sey I no go join police force, So that I fit de NACK this woman inside SELL!

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

5 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) by Badgers14: 8:59am On Apr 19, 2022
Her step from that video tho.....Is this the Ovaioza that scammed people billions? small nyash dey shake sha!!

Back to the topic .

If government agency truly siezed the bank accounts of these ponzi companies, why are the government not setting up committee to compile the names of the victims and start paying them from the accounts??

Abi they are waiting for the victims to die finish and someone will corner the money??

Yes, the victims might have been silly to invest in a scheme like this, yes they arrested Ovaioza and Chinmark? But the victims need their money.

Liquidate the assets of the company plus the money in their accounts and start paying the victims please!

Modified:
People quoting me and saying this and that.. yes, the "investors" were silly and they were scammed. These are still Nigerian citizens, if Nigerian government have a way to mitigate this, they should. People are not only Nigerian when they study hard and win international scholarships or when they train hard and play for Arsenal or Inter Milan.. they are Nigerians too when they make silly mistakes.

Also, assuming that the ponzi companies repented and changed their mind on the scheme and want to pay their victims, how can they pay their victims when government seized their account??

That's why government should use the money from their account they seized and pay their victims.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) by Praktikals(m): 8:59am On Apr 19, 2022
smiley
Re: Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) by gambia(m): 8:59am On Apr 19, 2022
Most Nigerians are just too greedy and gullible, imagine the small girl scamming them, funny people.

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) by Whothecapfits: 8:59am On Apr 19, 2022
Fake people everywhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) by meritadavize1(m): 9:00am On Apr 19, 2022
Good for them, Las Las she will bribe her way out just like the nyamiri

4 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) by sotall(m): 9:00am On Apr 19, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) by seeker121(m): 9:00am On Apr 19, 2022
Pple taking advantage of others gullibility, even the nation is a scam.
Re: Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) by dfrost: 9:01am On Apr 19, 2022
cheesy grin

Nigerians and get-rich-quick syndrome. cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) by Seredebe: 9:01am On Apr 19, 2022
Boogyman557:

They don off her disco lite?
Re: Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) by revived2: 9:01am On Apr 19, 2022
Make all of una getat
Re: Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) by Omoluabi16(m): 9:02am On Apr 19, 2022
I've been so waiting for this gist to hit nairaland. I de follow am back to back. See excess lamentations from Ovaioza's investors abi partners. Pure criminal!!!
Re: Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) by beautyfunke(m): 9:02am On Apr 19, 2022
People from eastern part of Nigeria are good at it
Re: Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) by BabaJideAFONJA(f): 9:02am On Apr 19, 2022
Like Oviaoza like Yahaya Bello.

10 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) by DannyXpress: 9:02am On Apr 19, 2022
It's very easy to scam Nigerians.
Just sell them a non existing investment with lots of benefits and watch how they will lose their senses because of greed

We don't have money but we have money for ponzi schemes
I don't feel pity for anyone that get scammed through this

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) by alnino94(m): 9:02am On Apr 19, 2022
ok
Re: Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) by mrvitalis(m): 9:03am On Apr 19, 2022
Nigerian police are just not smart

Ponzi is not a crime in Nigeria ...as long as she added disclaimer to the form there is no offense commited

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) by Ugik(m): 9:03am On Apr 19, 2022
In fairness to her, she owns the plaza actually. It's been put on sale to enable investors claim part of their money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:03am On Apr 19, 2022
Nigeria and scam... I tire oo.

Why do ppl fall victims to cheap adverts, well na those with short sightedness
Re: Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) by Prettylima(f): 9:03am On Apr 19, 2022
H
Re: Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) by Bosenan: 9:03am On Apr 19, 2022

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) by Skillsnigeria: 9:03am On Apr 19, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) by Rugaria: 9:03am On Apr 19, 2022
One Ponzi scheme after the other and the people won't learn and the regulatory agencies won't be decisive till another set of people are ruined. Symptoms of a failed country..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Baba Ijesha: Princess Identifies Two Other Suspects / Degbam Cultists Shoot SARS Operative In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) / Thief Burnt To Death In University Of Agriculture, Makurdi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.