Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints (17887 Views)

Police, Customs Officers Feared Dead As Gunmen Attack Checkpoints In Enugu / Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion / Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints by Johel(m): 10:52am On Apr 19, 2022
Re: Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints by Fastandcurious: 10:54am On Apr 19, 2022
Electioneering gimmicks. After election the check points will resurface
Re: Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints by nairaman66(m): 11:05am On Apr 19, 2022
Angel55555:

Guilty Consciousness?
You need to check yourself "SIR"

Not really, you forgot to mention that Lagos was once the Capital of Nigeria. All federal ministries, port activities were done only in Lagos. Lagos should have been more developed than the way it is.
Re: Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints by sulaak(m): 11:14am On Apr 19, 2022
Onyx2T:
This is just 5% of the issues and nuisance in the Mile2/apapa region. The unnecessary extortions by area boys, police, customs etc on Tokunbo vehicles on that road is alarming. You’d spend nothing less than 10k on the road driving a Tokunbo car from apapa to Mile2, they will still steal things from your cars in motion.
Police will take their own and leave the area boys to extort you, army self go collect Tokunbo money, anybody with a reflective will mount road block and collect 1k per vehicle.
The whole area needs to be raided with a strong task force.

Police, Army and Area Boys are extorting you and you now suggest the inclusion of a Task Force.

The problem is not the corruption on the street but the corruption at the head of government, there are no consequences for corruption at the presidential level billions of dollars of crude oil are being stolen every day with no consequence from the presidency because they are directly behind the extortion.

You cannot fight or end corruption if the political leaders are corrupt. Tinubu and Buhari have built a corrupt empire based on flagrant stealing of the country's asset and future and the common man on the street want his share.
Re: Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints by Angel55555(m): 11:19am On Apr 19, 2022
nairaman66:

Not really, you forgot to mention that Lagos was once the Capital of Nigeria. All federal ministries, port activities were done only in Lagos. Lagos should have been more developed than the way it is.
Is lagos still the capital?
No
Lagos has a really small land mass and there's a limit to what could be done, that's why most industries are based in Ogun state. Lagos is also the 5th largest economy in Africa its literally just a city and Nigeria is the world poverty capital in the world so I don't understand what you mean by "It should be more developed than the it is"
Re: Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints by Max24: 11:32am On Apr 19, 2022
Why not before now? Another election gimmick! Politicians think we are dumb. Wait till voting time.
Re: Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints by jaxxy(m): 11:47am On Apr 19, 2022
Angel55555:

I'm not justifying it bro just stating the facts. It's more rampant in lagos state because of the size of the population such a thing won't be that popular in a state like Ekiti.
To be honest most people consider it to be a well paying brown collar job

now u are calling touts and miscreants brown collar job. offcourse its,paying since tinubu supports it at the expense of peace in lagos.
Re: Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints by OlujobaSamuel: 11:51am On Apr 19, 2022
Illegal extortion Never knew we have legal extortion.
Re: Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints by Sleekfingers: 12:06pm On Apr 19, 2022
Dem go hear?
Re: Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints by Obagofixxy: 12:20pm On Apr 19, 2022
Onyx2T:
This is just 5% of the issues and nuisance in the Mile2/apapa region. The unnecessary extortions by area boys, police, customs etc on Tokunbo vehicles on that road is alarming. You’d spend nothing less than 10k on the road driving a Tokunbo car from apapa to Mile2, they will still steal things from your cars in motion.
Police will take their own and leave the area boys to extort you, army self go collect Tokunbo money, anybody with a reflective will mount road block and collect 1k per vehicle.
The whole area needs to be raided with a strong task force.

This one clean die
Congrats

Re: Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 19, 2022
Angel55555:

What's the population of lagos state compared to other states?
These area boys need to eat that's why they serve most politicians and I don't blame them no jobs, no economic opportunities etc. If they lived in other states I'm pretty sure they would have turned to other crimes like kidnapping, banditry etc

So you are supporting what these urchins are doing? So to extort from hard working Nigerians is okay right.
Re: Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 19, 2022
f
Angel55555:

Majority of the money collected is being remitted to the Lagos state government and the rest is shared to the members of NURTW. Tho sometimes it feels such things should be more regulated like most foreign countries but there's nothing normal about Nigeria and people are too afraid to change or challenge the system sadly.

So you believe that BS that the money is remitted to Lagos state? Oga don't be naive abeg
Re: Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 19, 2022
Angel55555:

Is lagos still the capital?
No
Lagos has a really small land mass and there's a limit to what could be done, that's why most industries are based in Ogun state. Lagos is also the 5th largest economy in Africa its literally just a city and Nigeria is the world poverty capital in the world so I don't understand what you mean by "It should be more developed than the it is"

5th Largest economy yet it cannot stand with even Lome in terms of infrastructure. To compare it with Nairobi, Kigali, Casablanca and Johannesburg is an insult to these cities
Re: Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 19, 2022
jaxxy:

now u are calling touts and miscreants brown collar job. offcourse its,paying since tinubu supports it at the expense of peace in lagos.

Imagine the guy calling touts and miscreants brown collar jobs, i assume he has no idea what a brown collar job is
Re: Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints by Angel55555(m): 1:09pm On Apr 19, 2022
obynzo:

5th Largest economy yet it cannot stand with even Lome in terms of infrastructure. To compare it with Nairobi, Kigali, Casablanca and Johannesburg is an insult to these cities
Chill bro I hope you know the population of lagos is probably more than those cities combined and they don't have this heavy load on their infrastructures compared to what we have here in Nigeria. Which is due to our large population and us not taking care of our infrastructures
Re: Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints by Angel55555(m): 1:09pm On Apr 19, 2022
obynzo:
f

So you believe that BS that the money is remitted to Lagos state? Oga don't be naive abeg
Yes I do Sir smiley
Re: Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 19, 2022
Angel55555:

Chill bro I hope you know the population of lagos is probably more than those cities combined and they don't have this heavy load on their infrastructures compared to what we have here in Nigeria. Which is due to our large population and us not taking care of our infrastructures

So whose fault is it that infrastructures are not taken care of? Even New York with it's massive population is well organized and planned by the government there so please spare me the excuses abeg
Re: Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints by Onyx2T(m): 1:28pm On Apr 19, 2022
Obagofixxy:

This one clean die
Congrats
God bless you brother.
I hope this country becomes great again
Re: Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints by Onyx2T(m): 1:29pm On Apr 19, 2022
do4luv14:

not just in Mile 2 and Apapa alone, it had spiral out of control, even in Ojo road, mba and cardoso they do collect from such cars,

worst still they will use that rubber pipe to bash your car, as you drive off
This is a very serious problem and it keeps getting worse everyday. This country runs backwards.
I hope we get it right someday
Re: Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints by Obagofixxy: 2:07pm On Apr 19, 2022
Onyx2T:

God bless you brother.
I hope this country becomes great again
ride on
Re: Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints by UNDFTD: 2:31pm On Apr 19, 2022
As part of the Lagos State Government efforts to eliminate traffic gridlock and curb illegal extortion along the Apapa/Tin-Can port axis, the State Government has identified nine illegal checkpoints were trucks will no longer be allowed to be stopped. This is even as the State Government banned all military checkpoints along the port corridor in Lagos port area

I never thought that military checkpoints are detested by others not just in the east. Go to every nook and cranny of Igboland, you have so many military and police checkpoints that you could not even count. And when UGM takes it upon themselves to sanitize the area, all the idiots and fools on this platform would start to write garbage. The evil that you support will be visited upon you.
Re: Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints by do4luv14(m): 2:58pm On Apr 19, 2022
Onyx2T:

This is a very serious problem and it keeps getting worse everyday. This country runs backwards.
I hope we get it right someday

presently it's only restricted to Lagos, the worsted of the situation is the man who started it all, as Lagos governor6then, is running for president, yet people are busy campaigningfor him
Re: Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints by Layksaide(m): 3:10pm On Apr 19, 2022
Onyx2T:
The whole area needs to be raided with a strong force.

You nailed it. But my take is that, they want to pave way for MC Oluomo to take charge of the area. Equally, I have goose pimples on this directives, it could be that they want to ship in weapons in to Lagos and the checkpoint will obstruct or expose them. (My Opinion Sha)
Re: Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints by Angel55555(m): 4:06pm On Apr 19, 2022
obynzo:

So whose fault is it that infrastructures are not taken care of? Even New York with it's massive population is well organized and planned by the government there so please spare me the excuses abeg
What's the IGR of NYC ?
Compare that to lagos state and take away the corruption
Re: Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints by SocialJustice: 4:16pm On Apr 19, 2022
SarkinYarki:
These check points create an artificial hold up and milk Nigerians 100s of millions of Naira daily if you don't know ..this money goes all the way to the top.I hope lagos can achieve this
About N300m daily. I will be glad if that cartel is permanently destroyed. A few must be stopped from benefiting at the expense of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 19, 2022
Angel55555:

What's the IGR of NYC ?
Compare that to lagos state and take away the corruption

Stop trying to make excuses for failure. Lagos IGR is far bigger than Casablanca, Jo'burg, Nairobi and Kigali. But look at these cities there is proper planning and provision for world class infrastructure. Look at the junk we are building in Lagos called light rail will pale in comparison to Jo'burg and Casablanca light rails
Re: Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints by Angel55555(m): 6:28pm On Apr 19, 2022
obynzo:

Stop trying to make excuses for failure. Lagos IGR is far bigger than Casablanca, Jo'burg, Nairobi and Kigali. But look at these cities there is proper planning and provision for world class infrastructure. Look at the junk we are building in Lagos called light rail will pale in comparison to Jo'burg and Casablanca light rails
I'm not making excuses. Lagos state is over populated compare it to other cities with the same population and land mass they all face almost the same problems. It's inevitable
Re: Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints by Dshocker(m): 8:27am On Apr 22, 2022
Story....My truck paid 130k for passing and call going to tincan 2nd gate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

45 Passengers Kidnapped As Gunmen Attack Transporters Along Otukpo-Enugu Road / Police Ask Kwankwaso To Shelve Kano Visit / Reps’ Minority Leadership: Atiku, Wike In Fresh War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.