Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,274 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Dont Underestimate Depression - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dont Underestimate Depression (261 Views)

Don’t Underestimate The Effect Of Moderate Sports For Chronic Prostatitis / Doctors Help Ooo....i Dont No Wat Is This On My Dick (pics) / This Is What Your Kidney Would Look Like, If You Dont Drink Much Water (photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dont Underestimate Depression by Michelle70(m): 11:41am On Apr 19, 2022
I saw a thread of a lady who took her own life, though while some said it was a case of murder, others didn't believe a depressed person will ever type LMFAO in a suicide note. And I wanted to avoid such comments but I had to create a thread for it.

I have been in that situation before. Depression is different from sadness, only someone who had experienced depression understands how it feels.
Most people feel like depressed people keep it to themselves but the truth is "nobody seems to understand a depressed person even if they complain"
I won't blame u if u dont understand them, they themselves dont have the words to explain how it feels, I remembered when I was in that situation, I wonder if God even understood what I was going through, I complained to everyone but not even a single person understood me, cos it was mistaken for sadness but its entirely different

Sometimes I hear people criticizing others who commit suicide and ask "na that small thing make am commit suicide for this sweet world"?
And I ask them, " have u ever been depressed "?
They will end up saying " wetin wan make me depressed" or "I can never be depressed".
You have never been in that situation so u can never understand how it feels and pray u dont ever find urslef in it, u might never come out of it alive

Pls even if u dont understand them, try to encourage them, they are not cowards for taking their own lives, the difference between u and them is that they might have endured for years all alone. U might not be able to endure it for 2months.
I know a guy who told me his friend was going through tough times and was crying and said God doesn't care about her back in 2016 or 17, can't remember.
Guess where she is right now? Probably somewhere in heaven or hell

Its a feeling worse than death itself

Lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique

Re: Dont Underestimate Depression by Slynation(m): 3:19pm On Apr 19, 2022
So how did you overcome depression if no one understands you after explaining to them...

1 Like

Re: Dont Underestimate Depression by Mekenz(m): 4:06pm On Apr 19, 2022
It's not easy, so many people are going through alot in these Nigeria, we are really a strong people, hardship is the chief reason why there's a lot of suicide lately. What we normally survive daily here, other nation won't survive it.
Suicide is never an option,but many doesn't care anymore, they are willing to end it all.
Re: Dont Underestimate Depression by Yommychrz(m): 5:49pm On Apr 19, 2022
Mehn depression is fucking real bro, remembered when I lost close to a million on betting mehn felt like nothing left for me in this life again, wanted taking my own life Can’t just describe the feelings I was having then

I was guilty of blaming people that committed suicide but I later realized that shit isn’t funny,
If you dey think say you get mind or faith

I pray make God no give you problem wey go pass your faith or belief

Shalom?

1 Like

Re: Dont Underestimate Depression by Michelle70(m): 8:43pm On Apr 27, 2022
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Preterm Baby Care / Weight Loss / Wie Wirkt Anavar?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.