Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Big Secret: Ask Yourself This Question If You Want To Be The One Leading - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Big Secret: Ask Yourself This Question If You Want To Be The One Leading (279 Views)

Questions To Ask Yourself When Buying A Heat Press Machine / The First Question You Should Ask Yourself About COVID-19 In Nigeria / 8 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Taking Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Big Secret: Ask Yourself This Question If You Want To Be The One Leading by marenx: 3:50pm On Apr 19, 2022
Always ask yourself this question if you want to be the one leading

marenx the Writer

Everyone wants to be a leader. But not everyone wants to do what a leader is doing (a leader is willing to help people, expecting no reward).

But if you want to do what a leader is doing, then this post will make doing it easier for you.

How?

Ask yourself this question everyday before going to sleep: How many people did I help today?

Notice that you don't ask yourself, "How much money did I earn today?" You don't ask yourself, "How many people liked my post today?" You don't ask yourself, "How many times did I make mistakes today?"

You see, you focus on help alone.

Because if you focus on help alone, you automatically focus on earning more money, gaining more readers and likes and eliminating more mistakes.

I know how I help people everyday, whether I'm on a sick bed or at work.

But listen, there're people everywhere not only in your places of work--not only there. You have relatives and neighbours. You have classmates. You have fellow church or mosque members. You have tribe. You're an old student of one school or another.

I'm not saying you should help all of those people everyday (this is hardly possible). But the question is, "How many people did I help today?"

If you ask yourself this question, define what help means to you and then begin to think of how you helped someone today and then begin to write it down in your notebook or journal. Maybe you showed someone kindness through your words. Maybe you went to near-by hospital and made the sick smile. Maybe you gave offering or tithe in the church or mosque. Maybe you cook your favorite food and shared with neighbors. Maybe you organized a successful youth meeting in your community. Maybe you shared drinks with co-workers. Maybe you appreciated your boss.

Doing these things may seem to you as a common thing but you're making yourself an irresistible leader, wealthy person, public speaker, philanthropist and one of the top ten people everywhere.

Maya Angelou, an American poet, memoirist, and civil rights activist, said:

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

Thanks for reading. Apply what you've learnt and, I bet, you'll start seeing positive changes in your life within a short period of time.

If you enjoy reading this post, read this one too: https://www.nairaland.com/7084741/ugly-flaws-first-day-taught

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Big Secret: Ask Yourself This Question If You Want To Be The One Leading by marenx: 12:05pm On Apr 21, 2022
I teach, I write and I represent the less priveleged. marenjmafuyai@gmail.com 08182469977 (TEXT MESSAGE ONLY)
Re: Big Secret: Ask Yourself This Question If You Want To Be The One Leading by marenx: 5:46pm On Apr 21, 2022
I teach, I write and I represent the less priveleged. marenjmafuyai@gmail.com 08182469977 (TEXT MESSAGE ONLY)
Re: Big Secret: Ask Yourself This Question If You Want To Be The One Leading by marenx: 7:19pm On Apr 21, 2022
Re: Big Secret: Ask Yourself This Question If You Want To Be The One Leading by marenx: 6:36pm On Apr 22, 2022
Always ask yourself this question everyday before going to sleep: How many people did I help today?

(1) (Reply)

NATO Sanction NATO (pics) / Agbeke-ade Storms The World With "Ambition" / Nigeria Doesn’t Need Unprepared Leaders – Ken Nnamani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.