Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,010 members, 7,810,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Abubakar Idris, Mother Of Missing Social Media Critic, Dadiyata Is Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abubakar Idris, Mother Of Missing Social Media Critic, Dadiyata Is Dead (16628 Views)

Oke Umurhohwo: Who Is Terrified Of Dadiyata’s Voice? / SSS Arrests PDP Social Media Activist, Dadiyata? / PDP Condemns Detention Of Social Media Critic Shola Over Criticism Of Kwara Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abubakar Idris, Mother Of Missing Social Media Critic, Dadiyata Is Dead by ogododo: 4:17pm On Apr 19, 2022
The mother of Abubakar Idris, the social media critic popularly known as Dadiyata, is dead.

Daily Trust gathered that the deceased aged 66 died at the 44 Nigerian Army Reference Hospital, Kaduna, where she was being treated, on Tuesday.

2 years without Dadiyata, family resort to prayersWe don’t know where Dadiyata is, Kaduna gov’t breaks silence

Confirming her death, her sons, Aminu and Usman, told Daily Trust that she had been rushed to the hospital around midnight and later placed on oxygen as doctors battled to stabilise her.

Usman said their late mother was battling with ulcer and high blood pressure.

He, however, said she was fine on Monday and had visited several persons, including one of their relatives who bereaved.

“She was ok when she went to bed. However, she woke up at midnight and she couldn’t talk, she became unconscious and was rushed to the hospital,” he said.

He said her janaizah prayer will hold after Asr prayer at the family residence at Gombe road following which she will be buried at the Tudun Wada burial ground in Kaduna.

The deceased’s popular son disappeared in the early hours of August 2, 2019, and all efforts to trace him have been fruitless,

Dadiyata, who would have been 37 this year, was allegedly taken from his Barnawa home in Kaduna.

According to his wife, Malama Khadija, the lecturer in the department of English and Linguistics, Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State, had arrived home around 1am and was on the phone when assailants grabbed him, forced him back into his vehicle and drove off.

In an interview with Daily Trust in 2020, Dadiyata’s mother had said she remained hopeful that she would one day reunite with her son.

“I have resigned my fate to Allah and with all the prayers from well-wishers, I know he will be released when Allah says it’s time. But my prayer is to live to see that day,” she had said.
p

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-mother-of-missing-social-media-critic-dadiyata-is-dead

Re: Abubakar Idris, Mother Of Missing Social Media Critic, Dadiyata Is Dead by Maxymilliano(m): 4:34pm On Apr 19, 2022
“I have resigned my fate to Allah and with all the prayers from well-wishers, I know he will be released when Allah says it’s time. But my prayer is to live to see that day,” she had said.
Sadly, Nigeria failed her s she did not live to witness the release of her son before passing away to the great beyond ... cry

22 Likes

Re: Abubakar Idris, Mother Of Missing Social Media Critic, Dadiyata Is Dead by Crizzycross: 4:43pm On Apr 19, 2022
They need to format this country so we can restart pls.

16 Likes

Re: Abubakar Idris, Mother Of Missing Social Media Critic, Dadiyata Is Dead by lordchiz(m): 4:58pm On Apr 19, 2022
So things like this dey happen for my backyard
Re: Abubakar Idris, Mother Of Missing Social Media Critic, Dadiyata Is Dead by ogododo: 11:04pm On Apr 19, 2022
Elrufai and Co no allow de woman enjoy her pikin.

9 Likes

Re: Abubakar Idris, Mother Of Missing Social Media Critic, Dadiyata Is Dead by JustBlive: 4:41am On Apr 20, 2022
May her soul RIP

2 Likes

Re: Abubakar Idris, Mother Of Missing Social Media Critic, Dadiyata Is Dead by Neduzze5(m): 4:42am On Apr 20, 2022
That is one of the benefits of this failed government.

And the fact that they are quick to respond negatively to negative criticisms from critics shows that they are not ready or willing to change.

A people-oriented government would have gone back to the drawing board to see how they can salvage what is left of this nation.

Unfortunately, these ones don't give a damn.

Infact, if you've been a part of this government, just forget about getting my vote, and I will kickstart a war against your various candidacies.

Nonsense and foolhardiness!!

18 Likes

Re: Abubakar Idris, Mother Of Missing Social Media Critic, Dadiyata Is Dead by yuzjet(m): 4:44am On Apr 20, 2022
Nigeria keep failing people and bringing endless sadness to her citizens. All thanks to APC and Buhari.

6 Likes

Re: Abubakar Idris, Mother Of Missing Social Media Critic, Dadiyata Is Dead by rayvelez(m): 4:45am On Apr 20, 2022
El rufai and buhari killed this young man just for nothing even Bashir boasted abt it on Twitter. In mama PEJ voice ‘in everything you are doing there’s God oooo.
Re: Abubakar Idris, Mother Of Missing Social Media Critic, Dadiyata Is Dead by karzyharsky(m): 4:47am On Apr 20, 2022
R.I.P
Re: Abubakar Idris, Mother Of Missing Social Media Critic, Dadiyata Is Dead by RaptObserver: 4:49am On Apr 20, 2022
It will take a long time before politicians accept criticism as part of democratic values.

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Idris, Mother Of Missing Social Media Critic, Dadiyata Is Dead by April4th(m): 4:50am On Apr 20, 2022
Rip ma’am
Re: Abubakar Idris, Mother Of Missing Social Media Critic, Dadiyata Is Dead by PS712: 4:54am On Apr 20, 2022
Maxymilliano:

Sadly, Nigeria failed her s she did not live to witness the release of her son before passing away to the great beyond ... cry
I think we should be calling the problem by its name in order to have solution. When we keep saying Nigeria has failed someone we are not holding someone responsible for his or her actions and this cycle continues. Someone or some people somewhere failed to do their job (at least rightly) and this like many other things happened and is happening...
At this instance the commissioner of police in the state should be one of those we are calling out. Likewise the governor and ultimately the president himself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Idris, Mother Of Missing Social Media Critic, Dadiyata Is Dead by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 5:04am On Apr 20, 2022
Sad
Re: Abubakar Idris, Mother Of Missing Social Media Critic, Dadiyata Is Dead by Nobody: 5:10am On Apr 20, 2022
Buhari and elrufai are a big shame to Arewa + app the military appointees from Arewa.

A typical Arewa politician doesn't want his followers and their children tonget enlightened, rich and educted.

Why? They stand to threaten the throne and rule of the elite and sadly the elites don't like this.

2 Likes

Re: Abubakar Idris, Mother Of Missing Social Media Critic, Dadiyata Is Dead by juman(m): 5:33am On Apr 20, 2022
A failed country.
Re: Abubakar Idris, Mother Of Missing Social Media Critic, Dadiyata Is Dead by JimmySwaggart(m): 5:51am On Apr 20, 2022
May her soul rest in memory lane.
Re: Abubakar Idris, Mother Of Missing Social Media Critic, Dadiyata Is Dead by Felixalex(m): 6:47am On Apr 20, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Abubakar Idris, Mother Of Missing Social Media Critic, Dadiyata Is Dead by Focusmind: 7:10am On Apr 20, 2022
The headline was even confusing. I thought Abukar Idris was the mother that died.

Verbal reasoning is one of the major assessment criterias for jobs and entrance examinations.

4 Likes

Re: Abubakar Idris, Mother Of Missing Social Media Critic, Dadiyata Is Dead by Bashnigga(m): 8:17am On Apr 20, 2022
Na wa o, so they've not seen this Dadiyata guy since then...pity
I pray he's still alive somewhere
Re: Abubakar Idris, Mother Of Missing Social Media Critic, Dadiyata Is Dead by ogododo: 10:09am On Apr 20, 2022
Bashnigga:
Na wa o, so they've not seen this Dadiyata guy since then...pity
I pray he's still alive somewhere
Na God no dat one.
Re: Abubakar Idris, Mother Of Missing Social Media Critic, Dadiyata Is Dead by Wazobia2216: 10:31am On Apr 20, 2022
People cannot take what they dish out to others

This current Regime insulted the daylight out of people, especially Jonathan, yet they are the ones to condemn

Imagine this el-rufai undecided SMH
Re: Abubakar Idris, Mother Of Missing Social Media Critic, Dadiyata Is Dead by tillaman(m): 2:10pm On Apr 20, 2022
Rip to the dearly departed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Idris, Mother Of Missing Social Media Critic, Dadiyata Is Dead by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 20, 2022
Buhari will not die well.
Re: Abubakar Idris, Mother Of Missing Social Media Critic, Dadiyata Is Dead by ogododo: 4:53pm On Apr 20, 2022
Wicked world, I dey read Bashir tweet.

(1) (Reply)

IGP, Police Commission Clash Over Recruitment Notice / Nigerian Man Files Suit Against Buhari And INEC At Lagos High Court. Photos / Police Storm Akwa Ibom Lawmaker's Home, Shoot One - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.