Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi (20254 Views)

Sowore: For Revealing That Abba Kyari Has Coronavirus Buhari Regime To Detain Me / Sowore: I Am Ready For Buhari Regime's Ridiculous Charges / Atiku, Osita Chidoka, Oyedepo, Kukah, Sheik Gumi Inside Atiku's Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi by Nemere2020: 7:18pm On Apr 19, 2022
Why does it seem like the Buhari regime is propelled by a knee-jerk, irresistible impulse to respond to everything Bishop Matthew Hassan Kukah says?

Everyone in Nigeria—and even the world—could be saying that Buhari is inept and obstinately wedded to narrow loyalties, and the presidency would be quiet. But let Bishop Kukah say the exact same thing. Boom! Presidential missiles would start flying.

There seems to be a standing order, perhaps even an article of faith, in the Buhari presidency that Bishop Kukah must never be left unanswered.

Even a cough from him that remotely mimics the sound that Buhari’s name makes must be responded to with the pettiest, most sullen, and least sensible comeback.

What animates this level of unprecedentedly petty presidential obsession with one personality? I honestly can't quite get a handle on it.

This is particularly puzzling for me because I know for a fact that Bishop Kukah is personally known to all the people who habitually affront him for merely ventilating uncomfortable thoughts about the Buhari regime.

In fact, in private encounters, these people profess their deep admiration for the Bishop’s intellect, affability, and brutal frankness.

Whatever you may say about Bishop Kukah, you can’t help but admit that he is far and away one of the—if not the—most ecumenical religious figure(s) of the last few decades in Nigeria. (I mean ecumenical in inter-faith terms).

More than any religious figure I know, he goes out of his way to cultivate the friendship of people from all strata of the society. And his friendship is genuine and heartfelt.

Yet he never leaves anyone in doubt where he stands on any issue even if that makes you disagree with him vigorously. He won’t say behind you what he can’t tell you to your face. That’s what everyone who knows him says about him.

If the presidency’s impetuous responses to Bishop Kukah’s interventions and homilies are intended to undercut them, they actually do the opposite.

The presidency has more symbolic power than he does. By responding to him, and as unfairly as they often do, the presidency helps to broadcast—and lend additional weight to— his messages to wider layers of the society.

And because most of what he says resonates with vast swaths of people across different subpopulations of the Nigerian society, he wins all the time. In other words, the presidency scores own goals each time it needlessly tackles him.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10105868077043840&id=47904265

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi by Tochi3(m): 7:21pm On Apr 19, 2022
Poo'hari 's regime you wanted to say

Don't forget the poo when referring to that disaster.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi by Omoluabi16(m): 7:23pm On Apr 19, 2022
This one is off and on.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi by HenryThegreat1(m): 7:24pm On Apr 19, 2022
I thought as much too.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi by abobote: 7:25pm On Apr 19, 2022
Exactly, instead of addressing the issues that were raised, they busy attacking the messenger

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi by Kindmercy: 7:33pm On Apr 19, 2022
Lame and daft government

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi by Sacchi1162(m): 7:46pm On Apr 19, 2022
I can't wait for 2023 elections to be over so I can stop seeing the name Buhari

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 19, 2022
I stand on Chicago manhood and pee poo licking Ashole hahahahahaha

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi by DJGiore: 7:46pm On Apr 19, 2022
Make una leave Buhari alone, Na only God fit solve Naija Problem btw dj kaywise dropped new mix today download it on naija dj mix.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi by Racoon(m): 7:46pm On Apr 19, 2022
Hehehe! The truth hurts them a lot more than their lies, propaganda or fantasy. Meanwhile, "Buhari Government Can Negotiate With Terrorists But Scared To Hear Citizens Talk" — Sacked Abuja Imam, Khalid

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi by dahnimoh(m): 7:47pm On Apr 19, 2022
K

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi by Dare1971(m): 7:47pm On Apr 19, 2022
Okay
Re: Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi by tomiwakeem: 7:47pm On Apr 19, 2022
And the bishop is serving them real hot
Especially that garbage human

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi by bluefilm: 7:48pm On Apr 19, 2022
Obsession is a disease.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi by dahnimoh(m): 7:49pm On Apr 19, 2022
Ok
Re: Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi by UncommonLogic: 7:49pm On Apr 19, 2022
trash
Re: Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 19, 2022
They fear him because he speaks the truth, almighty God guides him.

35 Likes

Re: Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi by sirmustyla(m): 7:52pm On Apr 19, 2022
Garba Shehu does not have a stable character, he's only after his daily bread. He can betray anybody and I mean anybody literally. As for Adesina he's an arse licker.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi by Makinaki: 7:52pm On Apr 19, 2022
You are one to talk about obsession, Farooq. After all, you also are obsessed with Osinbajo and his alleged RCCGification.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi by Arabaincubus: 7:53pm On Apr 19, 2022
I have no iota of respect for President Buhari's corrupt regime.

24 Likes

Re: Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi by PlayerMeji: 7:54pm On Apr 19, 2022
Well, this administration finds it strange that a northerner can criticize a fellow northerner's government.

This is actually happening to the North for the first time.

They want to stop the herd mentality

8 Likes

Re: Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi by Yobabad: 7:55pm On Apr 19, 2022
Even local Yoruba Muslims miscreants will agree with this assertion

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi by NamelessOGBENI(m): 7:56pm On Apr 19, 2022
In other words, the presidency scores own goals each time it needlessly tackles him.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi by Maranzano(m): 7:57pm On Apr 19, 2022
Bishop Kuka has always told truth to power but the intolerance of this government to contrary views has always brought them at loggerheads with the erudite cleric. Bishop Kuka is never shy to express his erudite opinion on national issues. Femi Adesina and Garba Shehu should humble themselves and learn from the Bishop. Both spokesmen of the president often contradict themselves in their reportage and defence of the presidency; an indication that they may not be well informed on the government policies and mode of implementation. Spokesmen clarify government policies to the people and not attack dogs of the presidency.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi by Mrbenny001: 7:57pm On Apr 19, 2022
With level of pedigree that The bishop has in the history of Nigeria public opinion and patriotism... they can't withstand the raw truth coming from him.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi by ebitng: 7:59pm On Apr 19, 2022
They will never address the message, always after the messenger

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi by SIMONEKPA7: 7:59pm On Apr 19, 2022
Buhari is a disaster, never again shall we have his type
Under the dullard rule, increase in fuel price became a curse. They told us the more crude price increases the higher the price of petrol over here. Do we pray for increase or decrease in the price of crude oil. The bastard's just got approval for 4trillion subsidy.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi by Godjone(m): 8:00pm On Apr 19, 2022
Buhari is not intelligent enough than a cow

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 19, 2022
I was wondering what’s their problem with the Bishop

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suspected NIMC Officials Arrested In Niger Republic Enrolling Foreigners For NIN / 2019: Obasanjo’s Call For Igbo Presidency, Insincere, Divisive – Obong Attah / Video Of Buhari Speaking About The Release Of Kankara Schoolboys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.