Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,586 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Why Osinbajo Declared - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Osinbajo Declared (1192 Views)

Why Osinbajo’s Helicopter Crashed -AIB Finally Reveals / Earlier Today H.E Vice President Prof Yemi Osinbajo Declared Open A 3-day Confer / Why Osinbajo Is More Active Than Buhari” – Nigerian Columnist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Osinbajo Declared by KingsleyOnwuka1(m): 10:38pm On Apr 19, 2022
WHY OSINBAJO DECLARED

By Kingsley Onwuka

The news of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo's declaration to vie for the presidential ticket of his party the APC has been about the biggest news in the political firmament of Nigeria. The news came as a surprise (even as a rude shock) to some people who believe that the Vice President had (and even still has) a moral restriction/embargo on his presidential ambition such that he should not contest against his political master and benefactor Bola Tinubu. While to some other people who believe that the Professor equally has the fundamental and constitutional right as anyone else to aspire for the highest office in the land, the news did not come as a surprise at all. I belong more to the latter category of people, moreover I've always envisaged him in the race. And I wonder what people mean they say Osinbajo has betrayed Tinubu. If my theory of why he (the Vice President) declared his interest to run is anything to go by, then he is on might be right and Tinubu should even encourage him to be in the race alongside him.
Here is my thought of why Osinbajo declared:

He has fully realized that the powers that be in the APC are not favourably disposed to a Tinubu candidacy for the presidency, perhaps they prefer him instead. I choose to think that the Professor's declaration was based on prompting of some sort, perhaps he got a flash of some light of assurance about a preference for him from strong quarters.

Assuming the above theory is true, and there remains a cordial relationship between the Professor and the Jagaban, then it will still be favourable to Tinubu if Osinbajo (instead of another person who is not Tinubu's person) gets the presidential ticket of the APC and maybe the presidential seat eventually.

Re: Why Osinbajo Declared by duro4chang(m): 10:39pm On Apr 19, 2022
Me too will go and declare joor
Re: Why Osinbajo Declared by TheRareGem1(f): 3:58am On Apr 20, 2022
There is still solid relationship between the duo. Na Una carry am for head like say tomorrow no dey
Re: Why Osinbajo Declared by Zeemam: 4:26am On Apr 20, 2022
Next case pleasec
Re: Why Osinbajo Declared by okefranci: 6:37am On Apr 20, 2022
Oh my God! what is so special about his declaration that you guys keep on repeating it

(1) (Reply)

How To Earn Up To ₦60,000 Monthly From Reading Online / Happy Birthday Damygurl / Which Would You Rather Have

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.