Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,435 members, 7,843,323 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Sex Education - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Sex Education (831 Views)

Sex Education / Is Sex Education Right ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sex Education by donijones(m): 10:47pm On Jul 07, 2011
Hello my nairaland friends, pls @ what age should a child be educated properly, becos i find out dat our parents and even schools are not help this issue
Re: Sex Education by kandiikane(m): 2:52am On Jul 14, 2011
I believe as soon as they start asking questions. .Children will start asking questions as young as 6 and many will start puberty as young as nine. So it is best you tell them when they are young. .Don't have to go into graphic details but the basics(like puberty etc) as he/she is hitting puberty and growing you explain to them about the nature of boys and girls relationships, sex etc. .And do not hold back, let your child be comfortable around you about sex because then you can teach him/her well and not let her go out and learn about sex from outside.
Re: Sex Education by atasteve: 1:09pm On Jul 14, 2011
I am in support of as soon as the child can understand fundamental body language. It can be as early as 1 year.

Although the level of details involved might vary.

(1) (Reply)

One-month Old Baby Died After Babysitter Collapsed On Him / My Friend Felt Disrespected By His Fiancee / Please Guys I Want 2 Know More Abouj Uniben_faculty Of Life Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.