Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,825 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Poor State Of A Road In Jankara Market, Lagos (Video, Photo) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Poor State Of A Road In Jankara Market, Lagos (Video, Photo) (20877 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Inspects Flooded Area Of Jankara (video) / Poor State Of Benin-Auchi Federal Highway (Photos) / Huge Anaconda Crossing A Road In Brazil, Stopped Traffic (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poor State Of A Road In Jankara Market, Lagos (Video, Photo) by almarthins(m): 12:20pm On Apr 20, 2022
jaxxy:

With the money Lagos is making from taxes and igr no street or market should be unkept bt that is not the case.

Some major estates have bad entry wrongs. Talkless of markets. They are also very selective and vindictive in their development like other areas that voted pdp during the elections are not paying taxes. undecided

Even if them do d road. The gutter no get where e dey go. And sea level self don rise. I sabi the place well well. No be road be the issue but drainage
Re: Poor State Of A Road In Jankara Market, Lagos (Video, Photo) by goody234: 12:21pm On Apr 20, 2022
dont worry sanwo olu will win a second term and fix it grin...Lagos is now a free for all no sanitation nothing i weep
Re: Poor State Of A Road In Jankara Market, Lagos (Video, Photo) by ABANGWABOI(m): 12:29pm On Apr 20, 2022
See Lagos oo.. but na Aba road be their problem..
Idiotttsss
Re: Poor State Of A Road In Jankara Market, Lagos (Video, Photo) by Benmob: 12:35pm On Apr 20, 2022
I can see diz shit is in everywhere,if u are a tribelism person and u are very good insulting other pple state,u need ur brain check
Re: Poor State Of A Road In Jankara Market, Lagos (Video, Photo) by nograv: 12:49pm On Apr 20, 2022
angelEmade:

Things like this can get you into trouble with the DSS who might be interested in knowing why you and the yoruba guy had this conversation in the first place. You could also be the clue needed to find him. Or don't you realize you just portrayed yourself as his customer or business partner?
From my experiences, I know that this forum is filled with many security and government agents. For your own good, better think twice before talking trash online.

Let the DSS come mtcheww.. The more they criminalise those who are simply critical of this regime, the sooner Naija will fall…
Re: Poor State Of A Road In Jankara Market, Lagos (Video, Photo) by oyeb15: 12:50pm On Apr 20, 2022
African mega city indeed
Re: Poor State Of A Road In Jankara Market, Lagos (Video, Photo) by bonnyhope: 12:52pm On Apr 20, 2022
Those who like showing Lagos as mega city will never capture this place

1 Like

Re: Poor State Of A Road In Jankara Market, Lagos (Video, Photo) by jaxxy(m): 12:56pm On Apr 20, 2022
almarthins:

Even if them do d road. The gutter no get where e dey go. And sea level self don rise. I sabi the place well well. No be road be the issue but drainage

U are,talking about the island bt mainland doesn't have drainage issues except where the gutter channels are bad or blocked yet roads are bad there.
Re: Poor State Of A Road In Jankara Market, Lagos (Video, Photo) by ajl: 1:21pm On Apr 20, 2022
This road has been in this terrible state for so many years. I don't even live in Lagos or Nigeria. But each time I made trips back to Nigeria, I usually visit Lagos Island and get on tricycles that ended up driving through Jankara area. That Lagos megacity talk is all jargon. It's only on paper and media.

Roads from that Jankara to Adeniji, down to Phase 1 housing Estate have been in terrible state for a long time now.

1 Like

Re: Poor State Of A Road In Jankara Market, Lagos (Video, Photo) by MtDave55: 1:44pm On Apr 20, 2022
I have said it before and I will keep saying it that the only APC elected official who have been trying to create meaningful impact is Zulum. APC Govt is government by the rich and for the rich, we have seen how the acquint convicted criminals in the name of pardon and kill peaceful protestants calling them terrorist. Lagos is developing at just 10% of it's full potential the remaining 90% is hindered by Tinubu and his puppet boys
Re: Poor State Of A Road In Jankara Market, Lagos (Video, Photo) by lexy2014: 2:05pm On Apr 20, 2022
angelEmade:

Things like this can get you into trouble with the DSS who might be interested in knowing why you and the yoruba guy had this conversation in the first place. You could also be the clue needed to find him. Or don't you realize you just portrayed yourself as his customer or business partner?
From my experiences, I know that this forum is filled with many security and government agents. For your own good, better think twice before talking trash online.

And uptill now, the DSS, security and govt agents have no idea bandits are and have not yet one single bandit of the many terrorising several parts of the north
Re: Poor State Of A Road In Jankara Market, Lagos (Video, Photo) by lexy2014: 2:05pm On Apr 20, 2022
MtDave55:
I have said it before and I will keep saying it that the only APC elected official who have been trying to create meaningful impact is Zulum. APC Govt is government by the rich and for the rich, we have seen how the acquint convicted criminals in the name of pardon and kill peaceful protestants calling them terrorist. Lagos is developing at just 10% of it's full potential the remaining 90% is hindered by Tinubu and his puppet boys

What had zulum done?
Re: Poor State Of A Road In Jankara Market, Lagos (Video, Photo) by anonimi: 2:18pm On Apr 20, 2022
swaggerjack:
Sanwo-Olu pointing to the zombies of the TMC crew that lick Tinubu's leaky ass.

Eko O NI Baje

CC
helinues
NgeneUkwenu
TinubuAdvocate
NGpatriot
TecM0
thebosstrevor1
yarimo
omenka
Simplyleo
LegendHero
seunmsg

blackpanda
Monogamy

grin cheesy

They will come for you now. How dare you call Lagos the portorportor capital of Nigeria when their Lagos landlord and bullionaire of Bourdillon is getting ready to execute his south west agenda with plenty SWAGA

itubaba001:
Lagos, the commercial hub of Nigeria, has been ranking as one of the worst places to live in the world for the nine straight years, a BusinessDay analysis shows.

Data from the 2019 Global Liveability Index published by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), the world’s leader in global business intelligence, shows the city has been within the range of 137th-139th position out of a total of 140 cities in the world from year 2011-2019.
Last year, Nigeria overtook India as the country with the largest number of people living in extreme poverty, thereby becoming the world capital of poverty, according to the Brookings Institute. This year, the number has risen to 91.6 million from 87 million in June 2018. Every minute, six Nigerians enter the group of extremely poor people, according to the World Poverty Clock.

https://businessday.ng/uncategorized/article/lagos-ranks-amongst-worst-cities-to-live-in-for-nine-straight-years/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor State Of A Road In Jankara Market, Lagos (Video, Photo) by NamelessOGBENI(m): 2:22pm On Apr 20, 2022
And I'm still stuck inside the waters at Makoko...
Re: Poor State Of A Road In Jankara Market, Lagos (Video, Photo) by ladyn4real(f): 2:34pm On Apr 20, 2022
Inukwa
Re: Poor State Of A Road In Jankara Market, Lagos (Video, Photo) by anonimi: 2:34pm On Apr 20, 2022
NamelessOGBENI:
And I'm still stuck inside the waters at Makoko...

You mean that all the excellence and progressive governance of ThiefNuibu, Fash-Ole, Ambole and Sanwo-Ole has not reached you?
So what did these four thieves do with the increased IGR, allocation at over $100 oil price, huge loans etc?
Who told them that stealing was their only job as governor

ManirBK:
The 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory generated N849.123bn as Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) in 2021 compared to N612.87bn in 2020.

A report by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) yesterday disclosed that N398 billion was generated in the first quarter of 2021 and N450bn in the second quarter, making a positive growth of 13.21 percent.

The report categorized the IGRs into five subheads of: PAYE, Direct Assessment, Road Taxes, Other Taxes and revenue from Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs).

It stated that Lagos State had the highest IGR with N267bn followed by the FCT with N69bn and Rivers, N57bn.

https://dailytrust.com/igr-lagos-leads-as-fct-beats-rivers-kano-33-others

2 Likes

Re: Poor State Of A Road In Jankara Market, Lagos (Video, Photo) by shantti(m): 2:44pm On Apr 20, 2022
angelEmade:

But seriously, you're a hoe ba people like to engage in skull mining. Why?
Re: Poor State Of A Road In Jankara Market, Lagos (Video, Photo) by NamelessOGBENI(m): 3:18pm On Apr 20, 2022
anonimi:

You mean that all the excellence and progressive governance of ThiefNuibu, Fash-Ole, Ambole and Sanwo-Ole has not reached you?
So what did these four thieves do with the increased IGR, allocation at over $100 oil price, huge loans etc?
Who told them that stealing was their only job as governor

Figuratively, Makoko refers to the struggles. Man is still struggling with life and hoping to get back the lost days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poor State Of A Road In Jankara Market, Lagos (Video, Photo) by Impregnablefolk: 3:46pm On Apr 20, 2022
Lagos is one of the most unhealthy places to live in. Bill Gates confirmed it wen he came to Lagos 4 Dangote's daughter's wedding. 4get Abt all d billionaires wey dey Lagos, dia story no dey add up. U can label me a bitter soul, dat 1na u bizness!

1 Like

Re: Poor State Of A Road In Jankara Market, Lagos (Video, Photo) by Aaay: 5:00pm On Apr 20, 2022
Bad
Re: Poor State Of A Road In Jankara Market, Lagos (Video, Photo) by komodapson(m): 7:10pm On Apr 20, 2022
Guyman02:
What happened to Ukraine news, are the mods tired of i
We never settle our problem finish for wee country, u dey run go Ukraine
Re: Poor State Of A Road In Jankara Market, Lagos (Video, Photo) by SeeItSayIt: 10:28pm On Apr 20, 2022
Pls, somebody should tell these people to stop lying against Lagos state o because Tinubu has developed Lagos state & beyond that even US & UK are seeking permission to come & learn some developing skills from him.

Well done Tinubu for your development.

The supposed most sophisticatedly educated are now the most dull brain in Nigeria. Blindfolded by their greed. Totally lack insight with very poor mental judgement of the future.
Re: Poor State Of A Road In Jankara Market, Lagos (Video, Photo) by Bifwoli: 12:25am On Apr 21, 2022
Olaleyeabdullah:
Thought Lagos have passed this stage of development
Wasn't Lagos one named "the center of excellence "
Re: Poor State Of A Road In Jankara Market, Lagos (Video, Photo) by MtDave55: 11:15am On May 09, 2022
lexy2014:

What had zulum done?

Go to Maiduguri his infrastructural projects speaks volumes for him.

Am not a fan of the APC led administration but Babangala Zulum stand out among equal
Re: Poor State Of A Road In Jankara Market, Lagos (Video, Photo) by lexy2014: 12:31pm On May 09, 2022
MtDave55:

Go to Maiduguri his infrastructural projects speaks volumes for him.

Am not a fan of the APC led administration but Babangala Zulum stand out among equal

Since you have gone to Maiduguri, then answering my question shouldn't be a challenge:

What has Zulum done?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19: UAE Lifts Ban On Travels Between Dubai And Nigeria / Boat Accident Kills 3 On Bonny-Bodo Waterways In Rivers. Graphic Photos / Truck Driver Rams Into Okada Rider In Onitsha, Kills Him On Spot (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.