Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,129 members, 7,811,192 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East (17284 Views)

Hausas Won’t Vote For You, Join Obi – Adebanjo Tells Tinubu In Ogun / 2023: Don’t Let Northerners Divide You, Adebanjo Tells Jonathan, Tinubu, Fayemi / Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East by nairalandankrah: 5:00am On Apr 20, 2022
Leader of Yoruba socio-political group, Afenifere, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, has said that presidential aspirants from the South-West geopolitical zone including Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and former Lagos State Governor, Bola Tinubu, should forget their presidential ambitions.

He said it was the turn of the South-East to produce Nigeria’s next President after the regime of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), in May 2023.

The elder statesman made his position known in an exclusive interview with The PUNCH on Tuesday.

According to him, it is an injustice for a South-West President to emerge in 2023 as ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo from Ogun State ruled from 1999 to 2007; while Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, also from Ogun State, has been in government since May 2015 and would have spent eight years in power by May 2023.

The 94-year old elder statesman added that the South-South zone has also had a shot at both President and Vice-President positions with ex-President Goodluck Jonathan between 2007 and 2010 (as VP) and from 2010 to 2015 (as President).

Adebanjo, however, said for Nigeria to have another President, the country must first be secured.

The nonagenarian said, “Right now, is there a country for them to be President? There must be one country first before you can talk of an election. Is this the country Jonathan handed over to Buhari? Whether a Southern or a Northern candidate, let us unite everyone. We can’t get everyone united until we change this constitution.

“Are you safe? Talk about security. How am I sure that I won’t be shocked when I go to the police station, when electoral officers, soldiers, and policemen are being shot dead and I can’t travel to Maiduguri safely?

“All those who are clamouring for Presidency, be it Jagaban (Tinubu) or Osinbajo, they should assure us of our safety first, that the country is safe, that we are one, then we talk of who is going to be President. They should forget about their ambitions now until there is safety. Nobody can go to the South-East now, and we are all living in denial.”

Asked if he was supporting Tinubu, Osinbajo, or any President from the South-West, the Afenifere leader said, “How can I back a South-West candidate? That is not equity. Has Obasanjo not done so for eight years? Has Osinbajo not done eight years as VP? Has Jonathan not done five years as President? Is the South-East not part of Nigeria?

“We want peace and equity. It is the turn of the South-East. I don’t talk ambiguously. It is the South-East that the thing must go; there is no doubt about that but my anxiety now is that before we say, South-East, have we got a country? Let us settle that before we say South-East is the answer. I am not ambivalent about it at all.”

https://punchng.com/drop-your-presidential-bids-afenifere-leader-tells-tinubu-osinbajo/

61 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East by God1000(m): 5:04am On Apr 20, 2022
I don't see that happening, tinubu is pursuing his life ambition according to him

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East by Babzrockman: 5:07am On Apr 20, 2022
This old man self dey play mind games.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East by IamWonderful: 5:11am On Apr 20, 2022
Which south east is trusted enough to be trusted that not an IPOB member

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East by endsarrrs(f): 5:16am On Apr 20, 2022
lipsrsealed Ar you serious

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East by Aufbauh(m): 5:21am On Apr 20, 2022
All those people asking aspirants to drop their ambition are merely acting as 'Spoilers' as they knew quite well that their preferred candidates can't go anywhere in the contest.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East by Tony4988(m): 5:25am On Apr 20, 2022
grin grin
It's his life time ambition na

Kindly check my signature for your assignments, projects, Academic research, etc...

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East by Moferere: 5:28am On Apr 20, 2022
Adebanjo is wrong. The south east frustrated our ambition. They deserve no consideration undecided

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East by foryourmindlol: 5:30am On Apr 20, 2022
[s]
IamWonderful:
Which south east is trusted enough to be trusted that not an IPOB member
mighty2:
Inconsequential 5% Ib hoe will never rule this country, wailing wailers should know this
I still stand gidigba on Tinubu's mandate
[/s]
God forbid. Let Shekau be president of Nigeria than an afonja skull miner be allowed to go near Aso Rock.

The one we all supported Obasanjo was repaid by backstabbing ad hatred on GEJ who was not even an Igbo man.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East by LeoDeKing: 5:34am On Apr 20, 2022
mighty2:
Inconsequential 5% Ib hoe will never rule this country, wailing wailers should know this
My belle ohhhh grin grin

Which one be Ib hoe again?

Una no go kee me for dis nairaland. grin

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East by mighty2: 5:38am On Apr 20, 2022
foryourmindlol:
[s][/s]
God forbid. Let Shekau be president of Nigeria than an afonja skull miner be allowed to go bear Aso Rock.

The one we all supported Obasanjo was repaid by backstabbing ad hatred on GEJ who was not even an Igbo man.
wailing is allowed, just know that no human from c*rsed ib hoe tribe will ever rule this country, know this and know peace
On Tinubu's mandate i stand

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East by HarunaWest(m): 5:38am On Apr 20, 2022
Power is taken and not given. The Igbos want to be given power on a platter of gold. It would not work. We already agreed that the presidency is going to either the SS or SW. If una scuttle am, we go retain am. After all NC and NE still dey agitate.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East by LeoDeKing: 5:41am On Apr 20, 2022
mighty2:
wailing is allowed, just know that no human from c*rsed ib hoe tribe will ever rule this country, know this and know peace
You mean Emeka can never be president? grin grin grin

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East by IamWonderful: 5:52am On Apr 20, 2022
foryourmindlol:
[s][/s]
God forbid. Let Shekau be president of Nigeria than an afonja skull miner be allowed to go bear Aso Rock.

It was only question I asked and you started convulsing like soda soap, you have forgotten that south east is the origin of skull mining and even whole human body isi ewu-lism

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East by money121(m): 6:00am On Apr 20, 2022
awon ojelu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East by LeoDeKing: 6:09am On Apr 20, 2022
foryourmindlol:
[s][/s]
LMAO. Buhari the cow that your dumb tribe prefer is still president for just 7 years and your brothers are selling human head for 2k in Ogun state.

Late Osama Bin Laden the terrorist has more chances of being exhumed, getting a Nigerian passport and being elected the president than any slimmyy ewedu-guzzling drug pusher or yahoo pastor from the Southwaaste.

If you like drink Sniper like Awolowo. No more pity this time. Obasanjo that we gave you free of charge we have seen how you repaid us.
You said "LMAO", yet struck through his comment, a symptom of pain. No, the two don't get along, they are both mutually exclusive and even a baby goat knows this. grin

Secondly, if it is easier for late Osama Bin Laden to become Nigeria president than "any slimmyy ewedu-guzzling drug pusher or yahoo pastor from the Southwaaste", then common sense should tell you the situation of our blodas from Afghaneastern.

Because, last time I checked, the "yahoo pastor" is the vice president and has also acted as president. Also, are you aware "Southwaaste" was there for 8 years?

Can same be said of Afghaneastern?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East by tinsel: 6:15am On Apr 20, 2022
Why are they not telling the likes of Atiku also to drop his ambition?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East by SmartPolician: 6:19am On Apr 20, 2022
The Igbos should not be so concerned about leading Nigeria. Instead, continue to empower our people to lift them out of poverty through trade, tech, creative art, sports, education, etc.

Buhari has already destroyed this shithole. With massive unemployment, banditry, huge foreign debts, terrorism and kidnap, rescuing Nigeria is almost impossible.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East by foryourmindlol: 6:20am On Apr 20, 2022
[s]
mighty2:
we have told you guys several times that we will never deny you your only power(wailing) but we will make sure no flat headed, dirty looking akpu munching gor*lla from godfors*ken ib hoe tribe rule this country
[/s]
Afonja ritualist. Nobody wants you. You betrayed your fellow southerners. In the North, they know you as snake. Continue standing on your grandfather's agemate. Don't go and look for work.

You will end up as a ritualist selling human skull for 2k like most of your brothers (if you're not doing so already).

Cursed Ewedu-guzziling yoonity-begging ritualist Oduduwa fallen satan cheesy cheesy

21 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East by Stallionhorse: 6:31am On Apr 20, 2022
If Nigeria don't support a SE to rule then we should be ready for the obvious.. I guess that's why they have started killing us in the east,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East by okefranci: 6:42am On Apr 20, 2022
Old age dey affect baba

4 Likes

Re: Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East by ruggedtimi(m): 6:45am On Apr 20, 2022
Any sane Nigeria should know is the right time for an Igbo man to be president....

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East by Onyiiobi7735(m): 6:53am On Apr 20, 2022
mighty2:
Lol! Oga,why are you foaming at the mouth like a rabid animal?
You are even more stupid than the lifeless animal in Aso Rock,when you use the terminology it used.
Yes,we Igbos are partly to blame for our inability to rule,but that shouldn't give an animal like you the opportunity to exhibit your animalistic, tribalistic nature.

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East by Onyiiobi7735(m): 6:57am On Apr 20, 2022
mighty2:
Lol! You are even cursed than the serpent in the Garden of Eden.You are cursed with savagery, stupidity, mental imbalance and imbecility.
The Alzheimer's disease you are suffering is in its advanced stage.Pathetic waste pipe.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:03am On Apr 20, 2022
HarunaWest:
Power is taken and not given. The Igbos want to be given power on a platter of gold. It would not work. We already agreed that the presidency is going to either the SS or SW. If una scuttle am, we go retain am. After all NC and NE still dey agitate.
Am Igbo, but I don't believe anyone from SE would get the presidency 2023.Our politicians are waiting to be served like a king without making strong efforts. It's not possible, and to think we are engaged in politics of bitterness.
Even some of our presidential aspirants were former governors,accused of state funds mismanagement.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:04am On Apr 20, 2022
mighty2:
i mean am, dirty looking descendant of ap* from c*rsed ib hoe tribe will never rule this country
Lol! Dirty disgusting primitive SWINE, calligraphy Igbos names.You are more mad than a March hare.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East by fyneguy: 7:21am On Apr 20, 2022
tinsel:
Why are they not telling the likes of Atiku also to drop his ambition?

Exactly my point

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) / 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? / Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.