Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,666 members, 7,862,046 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:23 AM

2023: Senator Ibikunle Amosun To Declare For President May 5 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Senator Ibikunle Amosun To Declare For President May 5 (345 Views)

Amosun To Blame For Dangote Relocating Refinery To Lagos — Dapo Abiodun / Oshiomhole Opening Car Door For Ibikunle Amosun (Photo) / "Please Don't Disgrace Me Here" - Governor Ibikunle Amosun Begs. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Senator Ibikunle Amosun To Declare For President May 5 by powerfulguy: 6:17pm On Apr 20, 2022
Seven lawmakers in the Ogun State House of Assembly, who were loyalists of serving senator representing Ogun Central, former Governor Ibikunle Amosun, yesterday night dumped their party and returned to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

Former Governor of Ogun State, Ibikunle Amosun, has fixed May 5 to announce his intention to run for president.

A source close to Mr Amosun, who is now a senator representing Ogun Central in the National Assembly, said he will formally declare his intention on his arrival from Umrah.

Mr Amosun is currently performing the lesser Hajj in Saudi Arabia.

The source added that he has been silently consulting with stakeholders across the country.

He said the declaration, to hold in Abuja, will be the climax of Mr Amosun’s ongoing consultations with key political players across the country.

Olusegun Clement, who served as Mr Amosun’s Special Assistant on Students Matters while he was Governor, confirmed the date.

“ By the benevolent of the Almighty God, the support of the APC leaders, and the entire populace of Nigeria, my boss will not only declare, but he will also contest and win by the grace of God,” Mr Clement said.

Mr Amosun is believed to be a close ally of President Muhammadu Buhari, the leader of the APC.

However, ahead of the 2019 general election, he went against the party leadership and opposed the nomination of Dapo Abiodun as the governorship candidate of the party.

Mr Amosun will join the list of APC chieftains who had announced their intention to run for president, including Vice President Yemi Osinbajo who officially declared on April 11.

Others who have announced their intention to secure the party’s ticket for the 2023 presidential election include Bola Tinubu, a former governor of Lagos and leader of the party; Rochas Okorocha, a senator and former Imo State governor; David Umahi, Ebonyi State governor; Chris Ngige, the minister of Labour and former Anambra governor; and Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State, among others.

https://www.today.ng/news/politics/2023-senator-amosun-fixes-declare-presidency-419394
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: 2023: Senator Ibikunle Amosun To Declare For President May 5 by Fidelix200(m): 6:19pm On Apr 20, 2022
Who is this one?

Is he a mad man??
The one who destroyed Ogun State?
No..Buhari is an angel compared to this devil

1 Like

Re: 2023: Senator Ibikunle Amosun To Declare For President May 5 by Kindness22(f): 6:25pm On Apr 20, 2022
Everybody declaring for president
Re: 2023: Senator Ibikunle Amosun To Declare For President May 5 by duro4chang(m): 6:26pm On Apr 20, 2022
Another joker. Se make myself go and declare ni?
Re: 2023: Senator Ibikunle Amosun To Declare For President May 5 by otokx(m): 6:27pm On Apr 20, 2022
Has he heard of the 100m?
Re: 2023: Senator Ibikunle Amosun To Declare For President May 5 by ufuosman(m): 6:31pm On Apr 20, 2022
Even dis one
Re: 2023: Senator Ibikunle Amosun To Declare For President May 5 by Jones4190(m): 6:33pm On Apr 20, 2022
If the PDP just decides to punish Atiku and zone the ticket to the south and the whole south cedes it to the NC and the zonal caucus choose me and then again the APC decides to also adopt me as their candidate, then I'll become the president unopposed....
Re: 2023: Senator Ibikunle Amosun To Declare For President May 5 by Yooruba1914: 6:55pm On Apr 20, 2022
Fidelix200:
Who is this one?

Is he a mad man??
The one who destroyed Ogun State?
No..Buhari is an angel compared to this devil
shut up if you dont have anything reasonable to say. Amosun is the best governor ogun has ever had.
The current govt in ogun is the worst,the call him daru dapo 4 a reason.

(1) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Niger Group Holds Meeting To Strategise ,Promote ,sell Atiku / Mudashiru Obasa And The Small London Called Agege / It Will Be Disservice To Nigerians If I Fail To Contest Presidency - Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.