Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed (1165 Views)

UNN Student Offers Lecturer Weed In Class (Video) / 10 Facts About Lion 99% Of People Don't Know / 10 Facts About Lion 99% Of People Don't Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by Extrastiv01(m): 11:42pm On Apr 20, 2022
Based on my observations and research, I can boldly say more than half of Nigerian youth smokes weed.

Before listing the points to be used for the justification of this topic, I want you guys to know that this is just one man's research and observation and I stand to be opposed , corrected or probably ignored but I would like you to go through the short points before any comments. Thanks

According to Nigeria constitution, a youth is someone or an individual between the age of 18 and 45 years old.

Most of the individuals in this age range are cut across the countries labor market and also higher institutions in the country .

Peer pressure in tertiary institutions(college of education, universities, polytechnics etc.) is at its summit. We have seen cases and read news online about how students indulge in all criminal activities like cybercrime and possession of hard drugs which include cannabis, and weed and how they are being arrested by the law enforcement agencies. Peer pressure is a menace is a menace that I do not see it's end soon among youths in the society, it makes you try things that does not really count just because you want to impress others.

Nigeria entertainment industry is dominated by the youths. We've seen and watched how some popular artist,actors, musicians smoke in their music videos and movies. I won't mention any names here but I believe we all get a glimpse of what I'm saying.

These entertainers are youth and they also play a major role in influencing other youths which are their fans to replicate such behaviors they portray in their videos

There is this trending song with the lyrics "CANADIAN LOUD THE FEELING IS DIFFERENT" . No offense to the singer but I believe that says a lot.

What's your take on this NAIRALANDERS
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 20, 2022
You are wrong.
Your research is not backed by data, but by sentiments.

It's a good field to research tho.

18 Likes

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by Kestolove(m): 11:58pm On Apr 20, 2022
Wetin concern u with people wey dey smoke? Amebo

4 Likes

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by Felimax(m): 12:00am On Apr 21, 2022
What a bogus claim! You could be high on weed as well. I thought I was going to read some valid research point only end up reading rubbish because of some stupid artist.

In my theater the day I catch you with weed you are gone.

99% is very ridiculous.

7 Likes

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by Jamesbiodun(m): 12:28am On Apr 21, 2022
I think the OP is high on Kwale weed

3 Likes

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 1:02am On Apr 21, 2022
MY spirit says I should type (na lie )

Na lie
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by ChocolateWine(f): 6:29am On Apr 21, 2022
You're the 99%
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by lyriclekidd(m): 6:46am On Apr 21, 2022
You lie, in my compound of about 10 flats. Only one flat smoke weed. You can say take drugs not smoke weed. Cos alot of people take drugs that we don't know off, but once you smoke weed people go know cos e go smell.
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by ChikezieU(m): 7:46am On Apr 21, 2022
You are wrong, very wrong.
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by habsydiamond(m): 7:51am On Apr 21, 2022
You together with ur peer group are the 99% abi.. U think igbo (weed) na candy wey every youth of this country go like abi.. Dey deceive urself there... Stop nonsense research

1 Like

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by arejibadz(m): 8:28am On Apr 21, 2022
Lol this true 9 out of 10 person u see smokes weed

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by dopedan(m): 9:23am On Apr 21, 2022
He is not wrong tho if you notice in church peoples eyes are always funny looking, about half d congregation smoked weed that morning
We all want to see Jesus so we fit hold am bill am like 100m
I no go shock if he say buhari economy bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by MrBroke(m): 9:35am On Apr 21, 2022
Might be true with the way I see young niggas and bitches on the roll, I don't know why people are so easily influenced. Is their health though it ain't my business. grin
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:19am On Apr 21, 2022
99% ? You're definitely on weed RN
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by Tenshades(m): 10:30am On Apr 21, 2022
This OP is high on weed
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by ShenTeh(m): 10:42am On Apr 21, 2022
Extrastiv01:
Based on my observations and research, I can boldly say more than half of Nigerian youth smokes weed.

Before listing the points to be used for the justification of this topic, I want you guys to know that this is just one man's research and observation and I stand to be opposed , corrected or probably ignored but I would like you to go through the short points before any comments. Thanks

According to Nigeria constitution, a youth is someone or an individual between the age of 18 and 45 years old.

Most of the individuals in this age range are cut across the countries labor market and also higher institutions in the country .

Peer pressure in tertiary institutions(college of education, universities, polytechnics etc.) is at its summit. We have seen cases and read news online about how students indulge in all criminal activities like cybercrime and possession of hard drugs which include cannabis, and weed and how they are being arrested by the law enforcement agencies. Peer pressure is a menace is a menace that I do not see it's end soon among youths in the society, it makes you try things that does not really count just because you want to impress others.

Nigeria entertainment industry is dominated by the youths. We've seen and watched how some popular artist,actors, musicians smoke in their music videos and movies. I won't mention any names here but I believe we all get a glimpse of what I'm saying.

These entertainers are youth and they also play a major role in influencing other youths which are their fans to replicate such behaviors they portray in their videos

There is this trending song with the lyrics "CANADIAN LOUD THE FEELING IS DIFFERENT" . No offense to the singer but I believe that says a lot.

Change your circle of friends and travel more.
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by soke02(m): 10:47am On Apr 21, 2022
Where did u get ur statistics from.
?
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:49am On Apr 21, 2022
IS A BIG LIE. I DON'T SMOKE AND MY BROTHERS DONT EVEN SMOKE CIGARETTES TALKLESS OF WEED. angry
You can say 99% of your vulgar and fcking contemporary meaningless laziyouth singers are weed heads. undecided

1 Like

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by Mykelslim: 11:15am On Apr 21, 2022
Go and sit down
Come n force my friends and 1
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by Johnsown1(m): 11:23am On Apr 21, 2022
I bet with buhari's left balls that you don't know the ratio that 99% represents because the percentage is ridiculouse and heart breaking
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by Ylink4sure: 12:09pm On Apr 21, 2022
You are unbelievably wrong,Sir
Very wrong. I am sorrounded by very well raised Godly young people.

Your sphere of influence actually matter.Perhaps drug consumption is rampant around you and current circle of activities.

Nevertheless,the truth is that the moral decadence is alarming,the erosion of our value system is almost total and every societal vice is rampant including drugs, sexual promiscuity etc

Extrastiv01:

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by ChoCho54(f): 12:52pm On Apr 21, 2022
Felimax:
What a bogus claim! You could be high on weed as well. I thought I was going to read some valid research point only end up reading rubbish because of some stupid artist.

In my theater the day I catch you with weed you are gone.

99% is very ridiculous.
Do you know that when I was in secondary school, the word "bogus" meant a totally different thing to us?
We thought it meant big, gigantic, fat,

Eg. Your dress is bogus, you need to amend it. grin
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by Victerica(m): 1:22pm On Apr 21, 2022
OP, you can lie ehhh...

Change your circle of friends and you can as well, change your life!

Smoking kills, bro!

Drug abuse, leads to so many negative outcome!
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by Felimax(m): 1:48pm On Apr 21, 2022
ChoCho54:
Do you know that when I was in secondary school, the word "bogus" meant a totally different thing to us?
We thought it meant big, gigantic, fat,

Eg. Your dress is bogus, you need to amend it. grin

A little search on Google would have saved you this embarrassment.

I know the word I use, I am not your secondary School classmate.

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by yuping(m): 2:19pm On Apr 21, 2022
undecided you won't be wrong but not entirely true.
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by Owologbo(m): 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2022
Extrastiv01:

Your heading says 99%, while your the body is saying another thing (more than 50%).
Are you confused or what?
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by kramer: 3:33pm On Apr 21, 2022
Extrastiv01:

My take is that the people you associate with are weed smokers, therefore you are one too
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by ChoCho54(f): 4:48pm On Apr 21, 2022
Felimax:

A little search on Google would have saved you this embarrassment.

I know the word I use, I am not your secondary School classmate.
C'mon man what did I say to offend you? I thought I was making a joke of how ignorant me and my friends were?

Mtcheeww! Go find something eat abeg.

1 Like

Re: 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by Zazoopk(m): 6:04pm On Apr 21, 2022
After you done smoke "ganja" your brain say make you post about weed.
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by favour32(m): 8:10pm On Apr 21, 2022
Wrong!
Re: 99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed by ruggedtimi(m): 9:44pm On Apr 21, 2022
That particular song now increase the demand of Canada loud

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Poly Student / Waec Result Out, Check Now / Kwara Polytechnic's Admission's Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.