Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,986 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

I Will Form A Govt Of National Unity If Elected President- Gbenga Olawepo-hashim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Form A Govt Of National Unity If Elected President- Gbenga Olawepo-hashim (131 Views)

Gbenga Olawepo Hashim Joins APC / Buhari Runs A Govt With No Direction – Financial Times / How Atiku Will Zone Offices If Elected President – Gbenga Daniel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Will Form A Govt Of National Unity If Elected President- Gbenga Olawepo-hashim by bilms(m): 11:50pm On Apr 20, 2022
I will form a govt of national unity if elected president- Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim

All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential aspirant, Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim, yesterday said he will have a government of national unity to address the divisions within the country today if he wins the 2023 polls.

Olawepo-Hashim who decried the state of affairs in the country, said no section of the country has to feel marginalised at the highest level of government.

He however urged the national leadership of APC to encourage aspirants to discuss among themselves on how the presidential candidate should emerge.

The presidential aspirant who spoke with select journalists in Abuja, said the country needs all the interest to be aggregated into one.

“The country is really divided along ethnic, religious lines, it is very difficult for any party to even produce a candidate right now that can win in more than four zones out of the six zones of the country because of the division in the country.

So nobody can be a superstar, where we are now, what we need is one who can put in place a government of national unity really and by the grace of God if I win, that is what I am going to do.

“I am going to form a government of national unity that will include various strands and perspectives and interest, religious dispositions, ethnic dispositions; you need the cultural symbols of those various forces who feel marginalised to be included in government at the highest level for everyone to have a sense of belonging.

Gowon did this during the Nigerian Civil War, he formed a government that included Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Taka, Aminu Kano, these are people who ordinarily would have been presidents or head of states on their own rights, we need that sort of thing now more than any time before and if I am elected that is what I am going to do.

“You need all the expertise, the issues confronting Nigeria right now is more than the personal ambition of anyone, we must have a national ambition and that ambition will be to secure the country quickly, solve the energy crisis that the country confronts and let the people of the country from various religion and zones have a sense of inclusiveness, that is what we urgently need now.

https://leadership.ng/why-ill-run-govt-of-national-unity-olawepo-hashim/
Re: I Will Form A Govt Of National Unity If Elected President- Gbenga Olawepo-hashim by MoneyGoDrop: 12:34am On Apr 21, 2022
Why am i not surprised?

Unity beggars grin
Re: I Will Form A Govt Of National Unity If Elected President- Gbenga Olawepo-hashim by bilms(m): 9:18am On Apr 21, 2022
What's wrong with unity?

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Protesters Storm Jonathan's Private Office, Ask Him To Declare Fo / High Chief Ledum Adonis Deekae For Khana Constituency 2, Rivers State House Of A / The W.h.o’s Proposed ‘pandemic Treaty’ Is A Huge Threat To Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.