Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

For Those Living In Lagos Or Abuja What Are The Chances For Me? Advice Needed. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / For Those Living In Lagos Or Abuja What Are The Chances For Me? Advice Needed. (552 Views)

Should I Move To South Africa Or Abuja / Man Who Fetches Sand For A Living In Enugu (Photos) / What Are The Chances For Someone Who Studies Biodiversity On Post Graduate Level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Those Living In Lagos Or Abuja What Are The Chances For Me? Advice Needed. by Jun10r(m): 2:18am On Apr 21, 2022
My life is totally a failure because In school I was an underachiever.
Dad lost interest in sponsoring me because he thinks am of no good use. And because he loves his second wife much and care more about them.
Mom loves me very much but due to dads negligence among our family, dad only pay attentions to my step mom and her children.
I we where only two that my mom gave birth for my dad and my step mom gave birth to 6.
I have no option because my second died in a very gruesome way.
I really don't have anyone who sees any good in me. I am not a bad person I don't know where I got that luck from. I dropped out of secondary schools during waec because nobody believed they can spend anything on me.
They believed I am not productive, they believed I will never succeeded. So I totally lost my confidence and become very low thinking about myself.
Since no one sponsored me to even write waec atleast I managed to learn a skill all by myself I learnt tailoring and design.
But I couldn't proceed more further because nobody help me.
Anytime there is any important meetings in the family no one respects me, the younger ones are even allowed to make a say before I do and mine will be neglected because I don't have money or a shop or a job.
I desired to have a normal life, like getting getting a job but no results.
Step mom vowed I will never succeed.
My only key to success is using my skill to become successful by opening my shop. But I need to hustle. Please what are the chances I could possibly make up to 200k in Lagos or abuja and be able to open my shop and change my story? How long ? What is your advice for me?
Am 29 years old without even a kobo, a room a girlfriend and job.
Cc Mynd44
Cc Segun
Cc Lalasticlala
Re: For Those Living In Lagos Or Abuja What Are The Chances For Me? Advice Needed. by triple996(m): 2:27am On Apr 21, 2022
If u have accomodations I will recommend Abuja . Government people and politicians full that place bt d only problem remains accomodations. Lagos no fresh now adays. People too plenty plus it's very rough.
Another thing is you should stop dreaming about fast money, bcus if you going to work 4rm ur sweat, it will take time to make those thousands u are dreaming about grin. Bt it's ok, start somewhere bro.
Re: For Those Living In Lagos Or Abuja What Are The Chances For Me? Advice Needed. by Jun10r(m): 2:30am On Apr 21, 2022
triple996:
If u have accomodations I will recommend Abuja . Government people and politicians full that place bt d only problem remains accomodations. Lagos no fresh now adays. People too plenty plus it's very rough.
Another thing is you should stop dreaming about fast money, bcus if you going to work 4rm ur sweat, it will take time to make those thousands u are dreaming about grin. Bt it's ok, start somewhere bro.
thank you for the piece of advise am not in a rush to make quick money I've already spent my entire life hustling and enduring I just need to know how long I can make such amount since I don't have results. With that amount my success is guaranteed
Re: For Those Living In Lagos Or Abuja What Are The Chances For Me? Advice Needed. by sunnymighty(m): 4:39am On Apr 21, 2022
Jun10r:
thank you for the piece of advise am not in a rush to make quick money I've already spent my entire life hustling and enduring I just need to know how long I can make such amount since I don't have results. With that amount my success is guaranteed

Op are you in Lagos?
Re: For Those Living In Lagos Or Abuja What Are The Chances For Me? Advice Needed. by Jun10r(m): 4:40am On Apr 21, 2022
sunnymighty:

Op are you in Lagos?
no sir but am ready to come if you want me to.
Re: For Those Living In Lagos Or Abuja What Are The Chances For Me? Advice Needed. by AllKnowing: 5:46am On Apr 21, 2022
Find a loan of 50k

1. Go to Abuja
2. Use 30k to rent a single room at the settlement behind Next Cash & Carry in Jahi, Abuja. The prices are dirt cheap now because the super mall burnt and most of the residents in that area used to work for Next Cash & Carry.
3. You will begin your networking/ apprenticeship for tailoring at Old Bannex. It’s less than a 30 minute drive from Jahi Junction. Anyone in Abuja will tell you Bannex is the lifewire of commerce in Abuja (there are lots of tailors and fashion designers there).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Those Living In Lagos Or Abuja What Are The Chances For Me? Advice Needed. by Jun10r(m): 6:21am On Apr 21, 2022
AllKnowing:
Find a loan of 50k

1. Go to Abuja
2. Use 30k to rent a single room at the settlement behind Next Cash & Carry in Jahi, Abuja. The prices are dirt cheap now because the super mall burnt and most of the residents in that area used to work for Next Cash & Carry.
3. You will begin your networking/ apprenticeship for tailoring at Old Bannex. It’s less than a 30 minute drive from Jahi Junction. Anyone in Abuja will tell you Bannex is the lifewire of commerce in Abuja (there are lots of tailors and fashion designers there).
God bless you. I will give this a try, are you in abuja maybe I can visit.
Re: For Those Living In Lagos Or Abuja What Are The Chances For Me? Advice Needed. by Sharonnyl(f): 7:36am On Apr 21, 2022
Hmmm... Make I start here... Nobody sees good in you? You know for people to "see" something in you, you must first see it in yourself. You are just like a mirror, peoples' reaction towards you generally, is a reflection of how you see yourself.
.What you need most importantly is a healthy dose of self esteem and believe in your abilities because, if you take a downtrodden spirit to a new business or location, sorry to say but if you try once and it doesn't work, which can happen to a first timer in business, you'll immediately give yourself a truckload of bad reasons and that's going to be bad.

Renew your mind.

As for how to go about the job. Since you already have a skill, that's good. I don't know how much for accommodation, but for work, there's the Alaba int'l market in Lagos. If you're good at what you do, two things:

1. You can start with oso ahia, aka, affiliate marketing... What this means is, you attach yourself to a boss and help him source for customers. It's a busy market, so you'll need to convince people to buy from the store you work in. How many people you bring, depends on how much you get. You and your oga decide your commission, it begins from there.

2. You can plead with someone who has a bigger shop related to what you do so they can let you use an "attachment" for free (if they have a good heart.) E g, if the person sells phones, pouch etc and your skill is phone repairs, they'll most likely take you in. You're an asset.
You'll grow from there
Keep praying though. Nothing is guaranteed but there's hope.
Re: For Those Living In Lagos Or Abuja What Are The Chances For Me? Advice Needed. by Jun10r(m): 8:51am On Apr 21, 2022
Sharonnyl:
Hmmm... Make I start here... Nobody sees good in you? You know for people to "see" something in you, you must first see it in yourself. You are just like a mirror, peoples' reaction towards you generally, is a reflection of how you see yourself.
.What you need most importantly is a healthy dose of self esteem and believe in your abilities because, if you take a downtrodden spirit to a new business or location, sorry to say but if you try once and it doesn't work, which can happen to a first timer in business, you'll immediately give yourself a truckload of bad reasons and that's going to be bad.

Renew your mind.

As for how to go about the job. Since you already have a skill, that's good. I don't know how much for accommodation, but for work, there's the Alaba int'l market in Lagos. If you're good at what you do, two things:

1. You can start with oso ahia, aka, affiliate marketing... What this means is, you attach yourself to a boss and help him source for customers. It's a busy market, so you'll need to convince people to buy from the store you work in. How many people you bring, depends on how much you get. You and your oga decide your commission, it begins from there.

2. You can plead with someone who has a bigger shop related to what you do so they can let you use an "attachment" for free (if they have a good heart.) E g, if the person sells phones, pouch etc and your skill is phone repairs, they'll most likely take you in. You're an asset.
You'll grow from there
Keep praying though. Nothing is guaranteed but there's hope.
much appreciated thank you
Re: For Those Living In Lagos Or Abuja What Are The Chances For Me? Advice Needed. by jalodo2: 8:54am On Apr 21, 2022
Jun10r:
My life is totally a failure because In school I was an underachiever.
Dad lost interest in sponsoring me because he thinks am of no good use. And because he loves his second wife much and care more about them.
Mom loves me very much but due to dads negligence among our family, dad only pay attentions to my step mom and her children.
I we where only two that my mom gave birth for my dad and my step mom gave birth to 6.
I have no option because my second died in a very gruesome way.
I really don't have anyone who sees any good in me. I am not a bad person I don't know where I got that luck from. I dropped out of secondary schools during waec because nobody believed they can spend anything on me.
They believed I am not productive, they believed I will never succeeded. So I totally lost my confidence and become very low thinking about myself.
Since no one sponsored me to even write waec atleast I managed to learn a skill all by myself I learnt tailoring and design.
But I couldn't proceed more further because nobody help me.
Anytime there is any important meetings in the family no one respects me, the younger ones are even allowed to make a say before I do and mine will be neglected because I don't have money or a shop or a job.
I desired to have a normal life, like getting getting a job but no results.
Step mom vowed I will never succeed.
My only key to success is using my skill to become successful by opening my shop. But I need to hustle. Please what are the chances I could possibly make up to 200k in Lagos or abuja and be able to open my shop and change my story? How long ? What is your advice for me?
Am 29 years old without even a kobo, a room a girlfriend and job.
Cc Mynd44
Cc Segun
Cc Lalasticlala
Goodness34 is here again ooooo, with a new moniker and superstory. The dumb scammer refuse to rest. Watch him run around opening threads about. Mode of operation: opens new moniker, write superstory, uses his alternative to ask for accnt number, or llater open a thread for help or go to targeted peoples dm to ask for help. His latest monikers are : Amza07, khalifaibb, Diza46, Lima98, jemi1, mahajj etc. Old monikers are numerous.

1 Like

Re: For Those Living In Lagos Or Abuja What Are The Chances For Me? Advice Needed. by Rick9(m): 9:02am On Apr 21, 2022
@Jun10r I'm sorry about everything you are going through. The only advise I can give to you is this.

• Draw Close to God

• Have a Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ

• Learn How to pray and be prayerful.

• Forget about what people think or say about you and focus on improving yourself in any little way you can.

• Believe in yourself, believe that you are far greater than what people say about you.

Keep going, defeats are temporary in life. Weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning. Be strong In the Lord bro and you will be a shinning light.

God bless you and may God almighty see you through

Amen
Re: For Those Living In Lagos Or Abuja What Are The Chances For Me? Advice Needed. by Jun10r(m): 9:10am On Apr 21, 2022
Rick9:
@Jun10r I'm sorry about everything you are going through. The only advise I can give to you is this.

• Draw Close to God

• Have a Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ

• Learn How to pray and be prayerful.

• Forget about what people think or say about you and focus on improving yourself in any little way you can.

• Believe in yourself, believe that you are far greater than what people say about you.

Keep going, defeats are temporary in life. Weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning. Be strong In the Lord bro and you will be a shinning light.

God bless you and may God almighty see you through

Amen

Amen God bless You

(1) (Reply)

A Job Opportunity Greater Star Consult / What Field Or Aspect Can He Works / Colours You Hate Can Lead To A Job You Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.