Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,540 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

US Weapons For Ukraine May End Up In Unintended Hands - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Weapons For Ukraine May End Up In Unintended Hands (13415 Views)

Protesters Block US Military Ship Allegedly Carrying Weapons For Israel / Germany Finally Approves Heavy Weapons For Ukraine / Hun Sen, Cambodian PM Orders All US Weapons Destroyed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Weapons For Ukraine May End Up In Unintended Hands by TenQ: 1:01pm On Apr 21, 2022
Brendaniel:
I just pity Europe and Ukraine, these people just used themselves to fight supremacy war for U.S against Russia, people don't know how this war has affected europe negatively, my european bank account that was initially free for sms charges are now been charged after almost 5 years of banking with them just as the war gained momentum.

now they are charging savings account due to the volatility of the euro currency, all these because of the war, Ukraine and E.U should have avoided this...

sadly all of them are feeling the effect including Russia and USA
What do you think the opposite was especially for Ukraine?

What I think:
1. Replacement of Ukrainian leadership for Pro-Russian puppet
2. Permanent loss of Cremia
3. Permanent loss of the Donbas region
4. No protection from anywhere as they can't be part of NATO
5. Crippling of the Armed forces of Ukraine

All these will be done without destruction of properties or killing of many people.

Do you think the above is a fair deal for Ukraine?
Re: US Weapons For Ukraine May End Up In Unintended Hands by Brendaniel: 1:06pm On Apr 21, 2022
TenQ:

What do you think the opposite was especially for Ukraine?

What I think:

All these will be done without destruction of properties or killing of many people.

Do you think the above is a fair deal for Ukraine?

They should have tried to negotiate...
Re: US Weapons For Ukraine May End Up In Unintended Hands by olugabbie(m): 1:12pm On Apr 21, 2022
omohayek:
What's the point of posting propaganda from Russia Today, let alone putting it on the front page? Are the mods trolling?

Let us say this is a propaganda. But what does common sense says? You can arm a group in a war. But tracking the weapon given such group can not be tracked.

Libya is a very good example. Also imagine what happened in Afghanistan. The US left billions of dollar worth of weapon behind when they fled the country.

1 Like

Re: US Weapons For Ukraine May End Up In Unintended Hands by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:07pm On Apr 21, 2022
omohayek:
What's the point of posting propaganda from Russia Today, let alone putting it on the front page? Are the mods trolling?
This is from msm CNN

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/19/politics/us-weapons-ukraine-intelligence/index.html
Re: US Weapons For Ukraine May End Up In Unintended Hands by Opolopoopolonio: 2:18pm On Apr 21, 2022
madridguy:
Americans already know that their arms are ending up in the hands of LPR and DNR troops.

All US made weapons will eventually becomes their own obstacles as they did to Afghanistan…

So America is sending arms to Ukraine but doesn’t know if it is reaching the intended recipient. Sounds to me like they are restocking the Russian forces.

Sorry for Europe...the level of terrorist activities in EU Will be terrific.

Nonsense @bolded
Re: US Weapons For Ukraine May End Up In Unintended Hands by TenQ: 2:47pm On Apr 21, 2022
Brendaniel:

They should have tried to negotiate...
Negotiate for what?
Because, Russia will not take anything less than these as stated below

What can Ukraine negotiate for except just capitulate?
Re: US Weapons For Ukraine May End Up In Unintended Hands by Brendaniel: 3:17pm On Apr 21, 2022
TenQ:

Negotiate for what?
Because, Russia will not take anything less than these as stated below

What can Ukraine negotiate for except just capitulate?

at least they should have made the attempt first, let it be on record, let me explain something to you, if someone who is stronger than you threatens to fight you and you beg, plead or try to negotiate what he wants, if after you that and he still doesn't agree to stop his threat, even if he comes after you to beat you, you will defend yourself by fighting because you have no option, but your first decision to dialogue will determine a lot after the fight whether you win or lose:

1. if you lose, people who watched the fight will know you tried your best to avoid fighting(so nobody blames you for your defeat)

2. if you lose the fight, in most cases people who watch such a defeat get angry with the aggressor and take up the fight for you because they saw when you begged and try to dialogue, most times people see the aggressor as unreasonable bully and beat him up for you.

3. if you win the fight, people will hail you more because they will say you did not want to fight in the first place and you did everything possible to avoid fighting and most likely your aggressor will even be more scared of you because he will see you as a gentle giant

but if you try to fight without trying to beg or negotiate especially when you know your opponent is stronger than you, and you fight:

1. If you lose people will blame you for fighting someone stronger than you, like what is happening to Ukraine now...

2. Nobody will pick up the battle to fight for you like what is also happening to Ukraine

3. If you happen to win, which the odds are seriously against you, then your aggressor might want a rematch because he will believe he made a mistake in the fight and the next time he won't.
Re: US Weapons For Ukraine May End Up In Unintended Hands by TenQ: 4:25pm On Apr 21, 2022
Brendaniel:

at least they should have made the attempt first, let it be on record, let me explain something to you, if someone who is stronger than you threatens to fight you and you beg, plead or try to negotiate what he wants, if after you that and he still doesn't agree to stop his threat, even if he comes after you to beat you, you will defend yourself by fighting because you have no option, but your first decision to dialogue will determine a lot after the fight whether you win or lose:

1. if you lose, people who watched the fight will know you tried your best to avoid fighting(so nobody blames you for your defeat)

2. if you lose the fight, in most cases people who watch such a defeat get angry with the aggressor and take up the fight for you because they saw when you begged and try to dialogue, most times people see the aggressor as unreasonable bully and beat him up for you.

3. if you win the fight, people will hail you more because they will say you did not want to fight in the first place and you did everything possible to avoid fighting and most likely your aggressor will even be more scared of you because he will see you as a gentle giant

but if you try to fight without trying to beg or negotiate especially when you know your opponent is stronger than you, and you fight:

1. If you lose people will blame you for fighting someone stronger than you, like what is happening to Ukraine now...

2. Nobody will pick up the battle to fight for you like what is also happening to Ukraine

3. If you happen to win, which the odds are seriously against you, then your aggressor might want a rematch because he will believe he made a mistake in the fight and the next time he won't.
Unfortunately for Russia, it lost round ONE.
1. Russia's first round was to take Kieve and the major cities in Ukraine thereby decapitating the Government.
2. They would now install a puppet government that will do everything they wanted from giving off Cremia, Donbas region, and probably Mariupol to Russia. The puppet government will also disband the Azon battalion and pledge total allegiance to Russia.

Unfortunately, Russia can forget Ukraine joining NATO now even if they take Cremia,Donbas, Mariupol and Odessa. Russia annexing these states doesn't solve ANY of her "so-called" problems.

What most people don't realise was that Russia needed to Unify all Russian speaking people to form the great Russia (a reminiscence of the old Soviet Union). For the case of Ukraine, it Also happens that Eastern Ukraine has a lot of Gas, Coal and Iron Ore deposits and large iron industrial complexes. This is the purpose of the war (it's all about territories)

The war was not about any neo-Nazis, or the Azon battalion, not even Ukrainians DESIRE to join NATO! It is about Russian prestige and greed for mineral resources

I don't like US foreign policies, but I wouldn't support any injustices in the name of not liking US foreign policies.
Re: US Weapons For Ukraine May End Up In Unintended Hands by Brendaniel: 4:35pm On Apr 21, 2022
TenQ:

Unfortunately for Russia, it lost round ONE.
1. Russia's first round was to take Kieve and the major cities in Ukraine thereby decapitating the Government.
2. They would now install a puppet government that will do everything they wanted from giving off Cremia, Donbas region, and probably Mariupol to Russia. The puppet government will also disband the Azon battalion and pledge total allegiance to Russia.

Unfortunately, Russia can forget Ukraine joining NATO now even if they take Cremia,Donbas, Mariupol and Odessa. Russia annexing these states doesn't solve ANY of her problems.

What most people don't realise was that Russia needed to Unify all Russian speaking people to form the great Russia (a reminiscence of the old Soviet Union). For the case of Ukraine, it Also happens that Eastern Ukraine has a lot of Gas, Coal and Iron Ore deposits and large iron industrial complexes. These is the purpose of the war.

The war was not about any neo-Nazis, or the Azon battalion, not even Ukrainians DESIRE to join NATO! It is about Russian prestige and greed for mineral resources

I don't like US foreign policies, but I wouldn't support any injustices in the name of not liking US foreign policies.

You see that number 3 is the position Russia will take, the will come for a rematch because they believe they made mistakes in the first round, and this time Ukraine might not be so lucky.

I'm not justifying Russia like that but Zelensky should have been smarter, sometimes you negotiate or beg to buy time to calm nerves, it is not easy to fight someone who is constantly talking to you trying to negotiate...
Re: US Weapons For Ukraine May End Up In Unintended Hands by 1869ei: 4:53pm On Apr 21, 2022
[s]
Mooh247:
cool

Since Americans killed Ghadafi and Libya got distabilised illicit arms have being flowing down sub Saharan Africa

This has been a major problem for Nigerian internal security, as an uneducated poorly trained Almajiri can access an anti aircraft gun, a machine gun and an RPG with his friends and form a bandit group

10 years to come Ukraine would still continue suffering for Zelensky's foolish decision

[/s]
Re: US Weapons For Ukraine May End Up In Unintended Hands by Alamkir: 4:55pm On Apr 21, 2022
godliman:

Deceive myself ke? Na mi sink that Russian ship abi you still think say na dream? Wake up ooo.

So dats what u are using to decieve ur self. For ur Mind ukrain is victorious because a ship sunk. Clap for urself u too sabi
Re: US Weapons For Ukraine May End Up In Unintended Hands by TenQ: 7:31pm On Apr 21, 2022
Brendaniel:

You see that number 3 is the position Russia will take, the will come for a rematch because they believe they made mistakes in the first round, and this time Ukraine might not be so lucky.

I'm not justifying Russia like that but Zelensky should have been smarter, sometimes you negotiate or beg to buy time to calm nerves, it is not easy to fight someone who is constantly talking to you trying to negotiate...
A rematch will take at least 2 years to prepare. By then, Ukraine should be a member of NATO (why not!?)

A rematch would be impossible.

Let's assume Russia withdraws from Ukraine for just one year, do you think Ukraine would not re-apply to join NATO within that time? Would they be rejected?
Re: US Weapons For Ukraine May End Up In Unintended Hands by Brendaniel: 8:25pm On Apr 21, 2022
TenQ:

A rematch will take at least 2 years to prepare. By then, Ukraine should be a member of NATO (why not!?)

A rematch would be impossible.

Let's assume Russia withdraws from Ukraine for just one year, do you think Ukraine would not re-apply to join NATO within that time? Would they be rejected?

Well these are all possibilities, but it will not be as easy as you say, firstly Ukraine has been badly damaged and will nurse its wounds which might take years to heal and rebuild, all these factors will have to be put into consideration...
Re: US Weapons For Ukraine May End Up In Unintended Hands by TenQ: 8:33pm On Apr 21, 2022
Brendaniel:

Well these are all possibilities, but it will not be as easy as you say, firstly Ukraine has been badly damaged and will nurse its wounds which might take years to heal and rebuild, all these factors will have to be put into consideration...
Interestingly, Ukraine will recover very quickly. Do you know that reconstruction works has already started in Kieve? I believe that most European countries and USA will give huge donations to Ukraine for its repair and return to normalcy.

There is also the possibility of compelling Russia to pay war reparations as a condition for ending the economic sanctions against it.

David may yet beat Goliath again!

But , do you know that Ukraine has forever earned the Respect of Russia?
Never again will Russia underate Ukraine again.

In my secondary school, the day I stood up to fight a much bigger bully was the last time he picked on me. The surprise on his face was plain for all to see
Re: US Weapons For Ukraine May End Up In Unintended Hands by Brendaniel: 8:46pm On Apr 21, 2022
TenQ:

Interestingly, Ukraine will recover very quickly. Do you know that reconstruction works has already started in Kieve? I believe that most European countries and USA will give huge donations to Ukraine for its repair and return to normalcy.

There is also the possibility of compelling Russia to pay war reparations as a condition for ending the economic sanctions against it.

In my secondary school, the day I stood up to fight a much bigger bully was the last time he picked on me. The surprise on his face was plain for all to see

Well, let's observe sha and see...
Re: US Weapons For Ukraine May End Up In Unintended Hands by TenQ: 9:13pm On Apr 21, 2022
Brendaniel:

Well, let's observe sha and see...
Okay!
Let's see. I pray for Ukraine to overcome this challenge.
Re: US Weapons For Ukraine May End Up In Unintended Hands by olugabbie(m): 6:41am On Apr 22, 2022
TenQ:

There is nothing special about the defenders. They survive till this day because of the support the are getting from the West. Ukraine started receiving weapon from the West in 2014. The West promise Russia that it will make the war costly for her and this is what is happening now.
Re: US Weapons For Ukraine May End Up In Unintended Hands by TenQ: 8:42am On Apr 22, 2022
olugabbie:

There is nothing special about the defenders. They survive till this day because of the support the are getting from the West. Ukraine started receiving weapon from the West in 2014. The West promise Russia that it will make the war costly for her and this is what is happening now.
Support Of course. This is a normal part of war: to have alliances in times of trouble. Ukraine had good alliances in European Union countries and NATO. Russia's had passive support from China and India.

Do you blame Ukraine for having strong alliances? That was the initial reason they wanted to join NATO (to be safe from Russia).

Too bad Russia is given a bloody nose by a Comedian

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boris Johnson Says Putin Threatened Him With Missile Strike / US To Withdraw From Niger As Security Pact Fails In Strategic Victory For Russia / William Barr: No Evidence Of Widespread Voter Fraud Yet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.