Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,079 members, 7,825,406 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) (4275 Views)

Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri / Do You Think Mtn's 5G Broadband Will Come With Uncapped Plans? / Airtel Offers 4GB Browsing Data Free For Customers; See How To Get It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) by NaijaOlosho(f): 1:58pm On Apr 21, 2022
Am I the only one having this issue with mtn, talking using my credit or airtime and exhausting it more while my call is going on

sad angry

Once a call is on going and you have less than 50 naira credit. There is something mtn always do and I think it's fraudulent.

While you still have small airtime and the call is going on, an mtn voice will start talking and reminding you that you have low credit using your on credit and exhausting the more.

This is fraudulent, why can't they send a simple text or allow the call to end Why issue me a reminder using my own airtime? And then you also paused my call while talking and finish my credit.

This is a fraud I don't know who else is experiencing it.

51 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) by Dawn91(m): 1:59pm On Apr 21, 2022
[s]
NaijaOlosho:
Am I the only having this issue with mtn, talking using my credit or airtime and exhausting it more while my call is going on

sad angry

Once a call is on going and you have less than 50 naira credit. There is something mtn always do and I think it's fraudulent.

While you still have small airtime and the call is going on, an mtn voice will start talking and reminding you that you have low credit using your on credit and exhausting the more.

This is fraudulent, why can't they send a simple text or allow the call to end Why issue me a reminder using my own airtime? And then you also paused my call while talking and finish my credit.

[/s]

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) by NaijaOlosho(f): 2:01pm On Apr 21, 2022
Dawn91:
[s][/s]

Don't be an idiot what your point

It looks small but that's a big fraud.

Imagine 50 kobo cut from 20 million subscribers from just that little reminder.

Be like your head no correct

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) by Dawn91(m): 2:02pm On Apr 21, 2022
[s]
NaijaOlosho:

Don't be an idiot what your point

It looks small but that's a big fraud.

Imagine 50 kobo cut from 20 million subscribers from just that little reminder.

Be like your head no correct
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 21, 2022
NaijaOlosho:
Am I the only one having this issue with mtn, talking using my credit or airtime and exhausting it more while my call is going on

sad angry

You are on point. It's beyond fraud. It's pure robbery. Using someone property forcefully is robbery.

29 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) by Kindness22(f): 2:34pm On Apr 21, 2022
NaijaOlosho:

sad angry

I have thought of that too. Pure fraud.

6 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) by Rajman45(m): 2:50pm On Apr 21, 2022
If u no fear mtn and dstv, who u go fear?

8 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) by NeoWanZaeed(m): 3:09pm On Apr 21, 2022
NaijaOlosho:

sad angry

Post am on Twitter. Tag them. Case closed

7 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) by Parachoko: 3:11pm On Apr 21, 2022
NaijaOlosho:

sad angry

Is so annoying

I wander why MTN, Glo and Airtel are allowed to go away with lots of nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) by Sucre6: 3:22pm On Apr 21, 2022
NaijaOlosho:

sad angry

It's annoying and utterly frustrating, I wrote a whole article to vent my anger on this issues before, MTN has become so fraudulent that they use your own paid airtime, to remind you of low credit, it's madness, and they won't hesitate to double charge your data and secretly wipe your call credit. I have also noticed that your call credit depreciates gradually and almost unnoticed even without u using it. Am beyond annoyed with stuff going on in this country, a company that does this in another country will be shut down within hours angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) by NaijaOlosho(f): 3:53pm On Apr 21, 2022
NeoWanZaeed:

Post am on Twitter. Tag them. Case closed

Apart from them which other authorities should I tag??
Re: Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) by wiseword316(m): 5:10pm On Apr 21, 2022
Airtel is better, if Airtel wants to remind you, you will hear a discrete voice "beep".

3 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) by Harry00(m): 6:21pm On Apr 21, 2022
NaijaOlosho:

Apart from them which other authorities should I tag??
Airtel, glo and 9mobile there do that too
Re: Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 6:46pm On Apr 21, 2022
That mpulse data thing is a sham ..

I buy data , I no fit use am.

Later they'll start shouting yahoo boys upandan .. see as cooperate organisation they rip us..

2 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) by eventainment(m): 6:49pm On Apr 21, 2022
E be like say Glo own go make sense for your body when you go de call na so e go just end... Because no reminder the reminder they make you easily finish gist
Re: Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 6:52pm On Apr 21, 2022
Limonima:
MTN will show you a data plan, you'll recharge with that in mind. After recharging they'll delete that one and put higher price ones for you. They are WICKED.
the bloody 121 thing abi ..
Re: Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) by Haykinz97(m): 6:53pm On Apr 21, 2022
Brand new VIVO Y15s for sale
Price: 70k (slightly negotiable)

PS: Na yesterday I buy the phone

If interested, call 07062132847
Re: Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) by tarantino1: 7:00pm On Apr 21, 2022
Haven't noticed this.

What I have though is the automatic billing for useless SMS services that I have not subscribed for. Once had a sim with over N150 airtime that I did not use for a while. I just put the thing for one phone and na zero naira I see.

Check SMS, na very useless subscriptions I just dey see. Ona na N20 weekly. There dey mad.
Re: Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) by huptin(m): 7:09pm On Apr 21, 2022
...and it is very irritating and annoying, why interupt your customer's conversation just to tell him that his credit will soon be exhausted. Its like a bank throwing you out of their premises just to inform you that your account will soon be empty

2 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:43pm On Apr 21, 2022
NaijaOlosho:

sad angry

Don't mind them. They are all in business to milk us dry.

1 Like

Re: Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) by Tokskob2008: 8:09pm On Apr 21, 2022
Even their data is the same, sub 1.5gb and when it gets to 300/400mb they will freeze it and start misbehaving anyhow. All the networks just dey cheat Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) by franklingud(m): 8:18pm On Apr 21, 2022
NaijaOlosho:

sad angry

DSTV own na em worse pass
Re: Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) by Unzerious: 8:38pm On Apr 21, 2022
Thats true. But who cares about the Poor Masses? People wey suppose talk for us no dey buy 100 Naira Airtime.

Wahala oo

1 Like

Re: Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:58pm On Apr 21, 2022
Lalasticlala this should be on front page for deliberations

Mtn dey milk customers secretly

1 Like

Re: Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) by ThatsONYI: 10:25pm On Apr 21, 2022
shocked

This shxt is so annoying, they keep sending pop up messages especially after making call.and sometimes you mistakenly press the "OK option"; they deduct you immediately.

And even though, you keep pressing the "cancel option", it keeps popping back..
Re: Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) by nani667: 11:43pm On Apr 21, 2022
Their data is usually fictitious... For example the 500MB midnight sub will stop working when it is remaining like 100+ MB...

Even normal 12GB data I usually sub for and get extra 12GB Bonus, the bonus will get to about 400+ MB remaining and stop counting..., then they start zapping from my main data instead ...

My bonus data got to 489MB and they started zapping from my main balance, so basically 489MB Don enter voicemail be dat undecided

MTN is simply fraüd ✔️

Beht we to dey manage dem laidat

2 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) by westlius(m): 11:57pm On Apr 21, 2022
Dawn91:
[s][/s]
You won wound am , see as u dey kick am
Lol
Re: Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) by AdeniyiA(m): 4:44am On Apr 22, 2022
It's pure robbery, your money is still running while being interrupted on an important call... It's a very senseless idea by EMPTYHEN undecided angry

3 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) by adebayo201: 5:57am On Apr 22, 2022
NaijaOlosho:

sad angry

On point sir... This is worthy of note.

At first, I think the credit won't be touched since it's a network prompt but it's a big lie. They deduct the credit from your own credit to tell you that your own credit is low.

I felt the communication commission or authority that should sanctioned them are also taking cut from this fraudulent act.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Instead Of Spending $1000 On The Iphone X | Buy These Gadgets Instead / The Most Expensive Phone In The World / Unlock Mtn Mobile Wifi E5330 (model: E5330bs-2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.