Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,305 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter (1079 Views)

Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar / Femi Adesina: Nigeria Would Have Been Dead And Gone If Buhari Wasn’t Elected / FFK Replies Sultan: 'If Christians Had Taken Up Arms, Nigeria Would Have Burnt" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter by VaselineCrew: 2:05pm On Apr 21, 2022
The weather here is perfect, with great soil and great resources.

However, we as black people have not taken advantage of these gifts.

I tell you, if there was winter in Nigeria, we would either be forced to develop, or die.

You think malam will be having 20 children, without electricity for heating in -10 degree weather? Trusssss me, it can’t happen.

How would you all survive when you can’t power heating in the winter? When your pipes are all frozen? When your roads are covered in ice and your corrupt government won’t salt the roads.

But since the weather is nice, someone can just sleep on the grass from morning till night and be fanning him/herself.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter by Mooh247: 2:08pm On Apr 21, 2022
cool

Naso

Africans don't know how blessed we are

Try living in desert region as well and tell me how you won't be wise

The more the challenges a person faces the smarter they become

I met a Muslim cleric dressed like an Arab with headgear and long rob and asked him why he said it was because it was islamical, Arabs on vacation in Europe wear casual wears

I had to educate him that Arab use headgear because Arab countries are prone to sandstorm which can happen at any time and they need the scarf to cover their faces so that they can breath

The wear long rob because temperature can reach extreme high in the afternoon and crazy cold at night

Their men prefer white and light colour because white and light colour doesn't attract heat, and with low humidity, heat and dry wind, you can wear your white kaftan for over 3 days without washing it

Their women wear black because they practically stay in door all morning and only go out at night when the weather is cold unlike Nigerian women copying them going out in hot sun wearing all black everything

Again as desert dwellers, they need to conserve water and their women can't afford to wash their cloths everytime, that's why the prefer blacks that hardly get stained, and can be dusted in hot air to re wear

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter by Ttalk: 2:11pm On Apr 21, 2022
Seriously necessity is the mother of invention, Nigeria is so blessed that we take many things for granted and the leaders and the citizen have become so complacent that we resolved to destiny and God for ordinary efforts that would better our lives.

Imagine a northern governor sending 1000 men to Hajj to pray against Bandit.

54 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter by Realist12: 2:21pm On Apr 21, 2022
This is my view as well. We are over pampered by nature . That's why a couple with less than $1200 annual income can have kids and survive . Nature forced Europe to prepare for the future , and optimize the scarce resources available to them . Not just winter , asides flooding, which can't be compared to tsunami or hurricane do we have any natural disaster?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter by yanabasee(m): 2:34pm On Apr 21, 2022
You are just writing this without gathering much insights...

A Northerner and a Muslim believes in their Quran doctrine that permits a man to marry upto four wives.... You are to even marry a widow that her husband died and left her ... The Quran explained to them not to worry about taking care of the children... because it's Allah that takes care of everyone...

So these men go out to birth children at will... The reason they have a growing population in the North...

That doesn't have anything to do with weather or winter season... And it wouldn't stop them if the winter season was in Nigeria.

The reason why Nigeria isn't develop is simple and we shouldn't shy away from it... Our leaders....

Just imagine Zamfara governor buying cars to religious leaders and even pay an all free trip to Saudi Arabia to them...

That money would go along way to build a school or a project that will be beneficial to everyone...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter by Mooh247: 2:41pm On Apr 21, 2022
yanabasee:

A Northerner and a Muslim believes in their Quran doctrine that permits a man to marry upto four wives.... You are to even marry a widow that her husband died and left her ... The Quran explained to them not to worry about taking care of the children... because it's Allah that takes care of everyone...

So these men go out to birth children at will... The reason they have a growing population in the North...

That doesn't have anything to do with weather or winter season... And it wouldn't stop them if the winter season was in Nigeria.

The reason why Nigeria isn't develop is simple and we shouldn't shy away from it... Our leaders....

Just imagine Zamfara governor buying cars to religious leaders and even pay an all free trip to Saudi Arabia to them...

That money would go along way to build a school or a project that will be beneficial to everyone...

Quran and Bible was written by desert dwellers of the middle east by Persian, Jew and Arabs

Back then infant mortality rate is very high, many men die in war, so to fill up the vacuum created by war God permitted them to marry more women and give birth so humanity doesn't go extinct

Northerners have no real reasons to give birth lie rabbit, just an abuse of Quran and Hadit

53 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter by yanabasee(m): 2:47pm On Apr 21, 2022
Mooh247:

Northerners have no real reasons to give birth like rabbit, just an abuse of Quran and Hadit

Exactly....

They're abusing the Quran out of selfishness.... And lack of exposure...

I have seen lots of Saudi Arabians married to a single wife.. And I e seen them keep to a child or two...

It will be a better place for Nigeria... if these people will be expose to education...

Their leaders are against it and making them remained in this situation for decades.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter by Quintopia: 3:07pm On Apr 21, 2022
Small children typing rubbish.

Europe got developed, not because of 'winter', but because, in a world that had used iron weapons for millenia prior, their greedy leaders deviated from the norm around the 17th century, and used Chinese gunpowder mixtures to build FIREARMS which they used to conquer whole continents and loot their resources. Simple. Prior to this, Europe was the poorest region on Earth, with widespread hunger and starvation.

So it was greed and desperation that drove Europe, not 'winter'.

"Whatever happens we have got
the Maxim gun and they have not".

- British colonial looting thug in West Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter by Ttalk: 3:37pm On Apr 21, 2022
Quintopia:

Europe got developed, not because of 'winter', but because, in a world that had used iron weapons for millenia prior, their greedy leaders deviated from the norm around the 17th century, and used Chinese gunpowder mixtures to build FIREARMS which they used to conquer whole continents and loot their resources. Simple. Prior to this, Europe was the poorest region on Earth, with widespread hunger and starvation.

Though I it's your opinion but I hate reading all these useless history that add no value to Africa.

So, because Europe steal Chinese gun powder is the reason Africa is underdeveloped? What about countries colonised by Europe that are now developed country?
Was it not African kings and slave merchants that sold our forefathers to the white in exchange of cigarettes, mirror and umbrella.

It sucks to blame others for your problems that have been ingrained into the skin like enzyma

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter by 1869km: 5:13pm On Apr 21, 2022
[s]
Mooh247:
cool

Naso

I met a Muslim cleric dressed like an Arab with headgear and long rob and asked him why he said it was because it was islamical, Arabs on vacation in Europe wear casual wears

I had to educate him that Arab use headgear because Arab countries are prone to sandstorm which can happen at any time and they need the scarf to cover their faces so that they can breath

The wear long rob because temperature can reach extreme high in the afternoon and crazy cold at night

Their men prefer white and light colour because white and light colour doesn't attract heat, and with low humidity, heat and dry wind, you can wear your white kaftan for over 3 days without washing it

Their women wear black because they practically stay in door all morning and only go out at night when the weather is cold unlike Nigerian women copying them going out in hot sun wearing all black everything

Again as desert dwellers, they need to conserve water and their women can't afford to wash their cloths everytime, that's why the prefer blacks that hardly get stained, and can be dusted in hot air to re wear

[/s]
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter by joyandfaith: 5:28pm On Apr 21, 2022
VaselineCrew:
The weather here is perfect, with great soil and great resources.

However, we as black people have not taken advantage of these gifts.

I tell you, if there was winter in Nigeria, we would either be forced to develop, or die.

You think malam will be having 20 children, without electricity for heating in -10 degree weather? Trusssss me, it can’t happen.

How would you all survive when you can’t power heating in the winter? When your pipes are all frozen? When your roads are covered in ice and your corrupt government won’t salt the roads.

But since the weather is nice, someone can just sleep on the grass from morning till night and be fanning him/herself.

You are absolutely right. Suffering forced Japan, European, Oceania and North America to think and develop. Necessity is mother of invention.
Europeans ravaged Africans and Asians in search of solutions to their problems. They saw people with abundant resources and took advantage of our ancestors. They had developed guns. Our ancestors
were still using fires,arrows and sword during wars. We were colonized and enslaved.

Black death of 15 and 16th centuries forced Europeans to develop and improve on medical sciences.

Britons move around the world. They settled in north America, NZ, Australia and some other islands.
They came to Africa. Weather discouraged them from having larger population in Africa.

If our resources are finished in Africa and hunger sets in, two things would happen-
1. Recolonization
2. Pan- Africa bloody revolution/wars.
We would now start afresh.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter by osinbanjoisaliar: 5:36pm On Apr 21, 2022
Op, travel go Afghanistan. All the winter wen don dey hammer dem since. Dem still no betta pass naija
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter by nakaman: 5:39pm On Apr 21, 2022
buy coal and tar every moveable area, and see how developed that area would look
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter by nakaman: 5:42pm On Apr 21, 2022
Ttalk:
Seriously necessity is the mother of invention, Nigeria is so blessed that we take many things for granted and the leaders and the citizen have become so complacent that we resolved to destiny and God for ordinary efforts that would better our lives.

Imagine a northern governor sending 1000 men to Hajj to pray against Bandit.
north is very far from wisdom
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter by nakaman: 5:45pm On Apr 21, 2022
Quintopia:

wow am learning a lot
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 21, 2022
Nothing would have changed as long as you have same crop of useless leaders.. the only difference is trees would be scarce... you would be shocked how firewood would turn crude oil.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter by Oddfinder: 5:47pm On Apr 21, 2022
This is going to be a great thread
Light up my weed! to gain some new knowledge
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter by Oddfinder: 5:55pm On Apr 21, 2022
yanabasee:

Do the Arabs birth children any how like our ppl do? Are they not following thesame quran?
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 6:18pm On Apr 21, 2022
nakaman:
north is very far from wisdom
And your drug smuggling east is swimming in wisdom.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter by MindHacker9009(m): 6:31pm On Apr 21, 2022
South Africa and Australia have winter but they were not developed when the europeans came and occupied those regions.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 21, 2022
I completely disagree

Greece Egypt Rome were great because they had good resources, water, fertile soil, gold and geography...

Today you can argue that America and Russia are powerful because of their landmass and resources...

Norway has lots of oil yet it is very successful

Africa has lots of resources but the truth is we have no control over those resources, hence the poverty...

but I still think culture has a role to play, Africans are cowards and courage is what promotes mankind.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter by Christistruth00: 7:16pm On Apr 21, 2022
Afghanistan has Serious Winters in mountain areas

54 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter by Transcriber: 7:23pm On Apr 21, 2022
joyandfaith:

You are absolutely right. Suffering forced Japan, European, Oceania and North America to think and develop. Necessity is mother of invention.
Europeans ravaged Africans and Asians in search of solutions to their problems. They saw people with abundant resources and took advantage of our ancestors. They had developed guns. Our ancestors
were still using fires,arrows and sword during wars. We were colonized and enslaved.

Black death of 15 and 16th centuries forced Europeans to develop and improve on medical sciences.

Britons move around the world. They settled in north America, NZ, Australia and some other islands.
They came to Africa. Weather discouraged them from having larger population in Africa.

If our resources are finished in Africa and hunger sets in, two things would happen-
1. Recolonization
2. Pan- Africa bloody revolution/wars.
We would now start afresh.
quite smart of you

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter by obaaderemi: 7:48pm On Apr 21, 2022
Afghanistan's winters are brutal. Average temperature in January is below 1' degree below zero. Yet Nigeria is not as bad as Afghanistan. wink
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter by nakaman: 8:02pm On Apr 21, 2022
Ibrahimmrfish:
And your drug smuggling east is swimming in wisdom.
e dey over flow
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter by izac82: 8:48pm On Apr 21, 2022
obaaderemi:
Afghanistan's winters are brutal. Average temperature in January is below 1' degree below zero. Yet Nigeria is not as bad as Afghanistan. wink
If not for Taliban, Afhanistan is far ahead of Nigeria. The same demon is threatening to swallow Nigeria in the name of bandits and boko haram.
Oh, I forgot, you beloved president recently gifted Taliban some good number of cash.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter by obaaderemi: 8:09am On Apr 22, 2022
izac82:

If not for Taliban, Afhanistan is far ahead of Nigeria. The same demon is threatening to swallow Nigeria in the name of bandits and boko haram.
Oh, I forgot, you beloved president recently gifted Taliban some good number of cash.
That's Why you are ignorant. I pointed out something you don't know to you and the next thing is insult. What's the meaning of the bolded?

There's no time before or after the Taliban that Afghanistan was ever ahead of Nigeria. Winter ko, summer ni?

Nigerians are hungry and dying. Are those facts not worse than winter? Why haven't those factors helped Nigeria to develop?
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter by obaaderemi: 8:10am On Apr 22, 2022
Christistruth00:

Afghanistan has Serious Winters in mountain areas
Don't mind the illiterate.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter by VaselineCrew: 1:23am On Jun 21, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Naso

Dude I’m sorry I’m late, but this is such an epic response, so detailed, even down to the way colors reflect or absorb radiant heat.

Kudos dude, you could definitely be a writer of a dystopian sci-fi novel, lol, something along the lines of DUNE!

How can you be a Tinubu supporter with this your brain guy? Na wa for you sha, lol
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been Developed If We Had Winter by Melovar: 3:06am On Jun 21, 2022
Not just weather. We barely had any major wars, we rarely have any cause of catastrophic destructions like wars, tsunamis, natural disastars, heavy famine or drought periods, and even viruses dont seem to affect us much for whatever reason. Its these hardships that make humans want to come together and use their heads to make things work, and that is the origin of developed countries. Look at how frustration pushed us to come together and end sars. Look at how sufrin has pushed us to be more involved in politics. Sometimes, problems can be blessings, but theres always a price to pay.

(1) (Reply)

What Are Osinbajo's Achievement In Governance Been A VP For 7 Years Plus / Nnamdi Has Abandoned Biafra / Tinubu Is Not Yet The President Why Move With Such Convoy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.