Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

A Love Story Like You've Never Seen Before - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Love Story Like You've Never Seen Before (308 Views)

MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} / LOVESTRUCK - A Campus Love Story. By Demsid / Need A Nice Story Like Countless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Love Story Like You've Never Seen Before by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 21, 2022
Brother of the Third Degree
By Will L. Garver.

This Story Follows the Journey of a young man
named Alphonso Colono and his journey in a
World filled with Secret Organisations, Black and White Magic, Universal Mysteries and Love.

It offers a New and Refreshing Perspective on Love, all the while keeping us entertained with other plot lines such as war and political intrigue.

This is a must read for Anyone looking to get a Full
Dose of Entertainment and Inspiration.

Link to download PDF file:

https://archive.org/download/Brother_Of_The_Third_Degree_-_W_Garver/Brother_Of_The_Third_Degree_-_W_Garver.pdf
Re: A Love Story Like You've Never Seen Before by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 21, 2022
Excerpt From the Book:

•Alphonso At the Dancing Ball-room

He opened a door, and I found myself in a brilliantly-lighted ball-room. The sweet strains of a waltz filled the room, and rich perfumes were fragrant in the air. For a moment I stood at the door, surveying the hall, in the hope of seeing her who wore the black dress; but she was nowhere to be seen.

"Does the father grant to woman equal rights with man?" said a low feminine voice at my side. Turning, I found a pretty peasant girl beside me. Wondering what could be the purport of such a question at such a time, I answered as I thought:

"Sex should be no bar to rights; hearts and brains should determine these. In things of heart the woman should have every right and be supreme; in things of head, the man."

"Ah! then the father does not think that woman is equal to man when it comes to mind?"

"Not as a rule; exceptions there most truly are, but exceptions only."

"Well, father cannot consider the dance a thing of mind, so I ask him to join me in the waltz."

The incidents of the last few days had not been of a nature to stimulate the frivolous in me; the sudden appearance of my mother and disappearance of my father, together with my examination and studies, had made me of a very serious turn of mind; but I could not refuse, so we were soon gliding over the waxed floor in the swaying movement of the dance.

Get any body of people to do the same thing at the same time, no matter how simple or insignificant it may be in itself, and you unite them, as it were, in a common unity. I soon felt myself as a part of the assembly, and forgot my cares and worries in the pleasure imbibed from these free, gay hearts. My companion was a graceful dancer, and hung like a fairy on my arm. The feeling that filled me was not, however, like the heart-thrilling sensations that had been caused by the woman in black, but in the pleasure of the moment she was forgotten. The waltz ended, and once more I was my individual self. Serious thoughts again stole on my mind, and, recalling that I was a monk, I determined to take advantage of the character.

"What if the bishop of your diocese had seen you just now, gay monk? where would be your charge?" questioned my fair companion with a merry laugh.

(Note: The term "gay" as was used in the last sentence is synonymous with words such as
Lively and Cheerful.)
Re: A Love Story Like You've Never Seen Before by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 21, 2022
"Father forgive me, I will never do it again," I solemnly replied. "Oh, that I should for one moment have allowed a beautiful woman to tempt me thus!"

"Another case, my father, of Adam and Eve and the weakness of poor man," said my gay companion with a mocking laugh.

"Yes, the devil subtly tempts us under the guise of beauty," I answered, preserving my character with all its dignity.

"But, my father, where would Adam's children be to-day had it not been thus? Poor imbeciles, blind fools, without mind or sense; innocent but devoid of knowledge. Blessed be Eve who tempted man to eat of the tree which bringeth wisdom," said my hitherto simple peasant girl, becoming serious.

"With subtle sophistries thou triest to defend thy erring mother; beware of heresy, my child."

"Heresy! Do not the Scriptures themselves so say? Did she not tempt him to eat of the tree that bringeth a knowledge of good and evil, and makes men as Gods? Who can criticise so high and noble an aspiration?"

"Child, child, confess thy sins before God's wrath shall damn thee," I said, wondering if all here were like her.

"God has no wrath; the Scriptures say that God is Love."

"Child, who taught thee thus to misconstrue the sacred words of Scripture?"

"Misconstrue! For two thousand years monks like thee, with biased minds, have perverted truth and filled men's minds with errors; and dost thou now thus question me?" Her eyes sparkled with the fire of enthusiasm and indignation. Evidently her whole soul was in the argument. Things were getting interesting, I was about to be cornered, but I must maintain my part, so I answered:

"For this men are themselves to blame, not us. We veil in forms and under symbols the sacred truths, and men, not using reason, take the shell and lose the kernel, feed on husks and see not the corn."

"But why not teach the plain pure truth? why thus deceive by forms?"

"It must be so; to cast our pearls before swine, to trample under feet, would be but waste and loss of time and woefully indiscreet."

"Ah! does the father hint at occultism in the Church of Rome?"

"Hush! Talk not so loud; the walls have ears. What knowest thou of occultism?"

"A thumb's length," she answered quickly and mystically; and as I answered not, she looked surprised. Evidently I was caught—there were passwords here.

"Ah! I comprehend," she said. "Come with me and I will show you what we know." Now deeply interested, and wondering what was next, I followed.

(1) (Reply)

Inclusionism: The Driver Of Social Justice By Jawolusy - #chessinyoruba / Junior High School Secret Agent - Feather's Stories / Perfect Love - Feather's Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.