Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,829 members, 7,851,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:33 AM

We Must Produce A Governor That Builds On Gov. Emmanuel's Legacies - A'ibom Pdp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Must Produce A Governor That Builds On Gov. Emmanuel's Legacies - A'ibom Pdp (145 Views)

Atiku Vs Buhari: INEC Must Produce Presidential Election Server - Peter Obi / 2023: Tinubu Has Hijacked The Country, North Must Produce Next President – Group / PDP Vs APC: Zone That Must Produce Our Presidential Candidate – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Must Produce A Governor That Builds On Gov. Emmanuel's Legacies - A'ibom Pdp by Browndiary(m): 8:32pm On Apr 21, 2022
... As Akan Okon Seeks Party Support for Guber Ambition

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Akwa Ibom State, has stated that the next governor of the state must be one that will build on the towering legacies of Governor Udom Emmanuel and ensure sustainability in the development blueprint of Akwa Ibom State, while providing solutions to the common problems of the people.

Speaking through the State Chairman of the party, Rt Hon (Elder) Aniekan Akpan, Thursday April 21, the party alluded that PDP produced administration of Governor Udom Emmanuel has performed outstandingly well and will be leaving a legacy of excellence which must be built upon by his successor.

Akpan who welcomed a gubernatorial hopeful of the party and immediate past Commissioner for Economic Development & Ibom Deep Seaport, Mr Akan Okon, acknowledged the quality of aspirants in the party, noting that the party is keen on continuity in governance which he said must be ensured by the next governor.

"PDP as a party believes in continuity and we stand for that. Since 1999, we have produced successive administrations and one thing is certain, that there is element of continuity in development."

"Anybody that emerges the gubernatorial candidate of PDP will definitely become the governor, there isn't doubt about that, but there must be continuity", the chairman said.

The former Commissioner and governorship aspirant, Mr Akan Okon, who presented himself to the State Executive Committee of the party and sought support, appreciated the party leadership for opening its doors to welcome him, promising to ensure continuity from Gov Emmanuel's feats and taking the state to an enviable height.

In his words, "I thank the party for giving me the opportunity to serve the state. I had the chance to serve because of PDP."

"If my party gives me the opportunity to serve as governor of Akwa Ibom State, I will ensure that every action is geared towards providing employment for Akwa Ibomites. I will create what I call the Akwa Ibom State Economic Development office."

© PDP-AKS PUBLICITY SECRETARIAT

Re: We Must Produce A Governor That Builds On Gov. Emmanuel's Legacies - A'ibom Pdp by obinnajohnson: 9:17pm On Apr 21, 2022
Do politicians have legacies in Nigeria ?
Re: We Must Produce A Governor That Builds On Gov. Emmanuel's Legacies - A'ibom Pdp by Toluajas: 9:20pm On Apr 21, 2022
Its in their best interest to do so

(1) (Reply)

We Need Leaders Who Deeply Care About The Common Man, Says Osinbajo In Ibadan / Cali Jokes / Ondo South 2023: Okeigbo Agog As Party Stakeholders Declare Support For Boye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.