Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,287 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) (36974 Views)

Using Locust Beans(iru/ogiri/dawadawa) To Cook / Iru: The Godmother Of All Condiments / Locust Beans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by JoshTim: 7:56pm On Jun 28, 2022
I remember this local talking drum sound-Iru iru iru kileleyi, iru pete iru iru iru kileleyi. Ọmọ, i love iru especially the one inside stew meant for Òfàdà rice.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by JayPeeOham: 7:56pm On Jun 28, 2022
ekukeku:
Faverite in all my dish

Even inside my concortion rice grin

If possible I can use it to drink garri

I heard it's good for sight

No be only garri, you for put am for tea, pap, custard, golden morn and oatmeal! grin tongue

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by Yankee101: 7:58pm On Jun 28, 2022
The really nice ones are from the middle belt.
I don't mind it is almost every salted food
Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by fantasy2018: 7:58pm On Jun 28, 2022
I stopped adding it to my food. It stink so bad.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by VeryWickedMan: 7:58pm On Jun 28, 2022
Very dirty
Only a pig can call something that is stinking food

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by blowjohn(m): 7:58pm On Jun 28, 2022
Even my poop is nice fragrance compared to IRU
Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by descarado: 7:58pm On Jun 28, 2022
I got to know this iru too late. Its on my list of things to taste.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by Tooreda: 7:59pm On Jun 28, 2022
Gbadespet:

Iru from Moba LGEA to be precise bro

Where in Moba? Ikun?
Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by einsteine(m): 7:59pm On Jun 28, 2022
Disgusting.

One of the reasons I didn't like my youth service. All the restaurants in Ado practically sprayed Iru on the nonsense they called food.
Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by aieromon(m): 8:00pm On Jun 28, 2022
Dorwadora:
Of course.... That's a cool alternative

But hope it's Iru Ekiti.... My state is prided for having the best Iru in the whole of SW cry grin.... I stand to be corrected tho

You're 100% correct.

All the iru I eat till date comes from Ekiti.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by moneyissweet(m): 8:01pm On Jun 28, 2022
Ukrainian citizen spotted on nairaland

Kriss216:
What's this

Please add Graphic for headline undecided
Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by Softboy001: 8:01pm On Jun 28, 2022
Iru is the name of my village
Iru Egbede but I still don't like this iru...

I never group up with it
Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by Blake755: 8:01pm On Jun 28, 2022
Tufikwa I hate the smell of this ogiri abi nah wenti dey them call am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by OBoy50: 8:01pm On Jun 28, 2022
cool
I think the best iru/dawadawa is being prepared in mostly north Central states.
WATCH HOW SOME PRETENDERS WILL COME HERE TO SAY 'GOD FORBID TO THIS LOCUST BEAN ON PHONE BUT SAME HYPOCRITES HAVE IT PILED UP IN THEIR MAMA'S STORE. .

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by Amotekun777: 8:02pm On Jun 28, 2022
Dorwadora:

But hope it's Iru Ekiti.... My state is prided for having the best Iru in the whole of SW cry grin.... I stand to be corrected tho

Your dad has the biggest farmland till... you see other pple's farmlands. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by Gbadespet(m): 8:02pm On Jun 28, 2022
Tooreda:

Where in Moba? Ikun?

Igogo ekiti
Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by livinbygrace: 8:02pm On Jun 28, 2022
Kriss216:
What's this

Thats locust beans and it’s far better than maggi,very medicinal and good for high blood pressure patient ,infact doctors advise patient you’re it instead of the regular maggi

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by harmony75: 8:02pm On Jun 28, 2022
Iru is very good it detoxify your system that's why I eat it.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by Shaddymie(f): 8:03pm On Jun 28, 2022
I guess you never try the egba own, from Abeokuta

Dorwadora:

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by qtguru(m): 8:03pm On Jun 28, 2022
Dorwadora:
We Yoruba call it Iru or Eware and in almost all our soup it's a compulsory ingredients. Efo riro, ila or ila alasepo, Ewedu or Ewedu Alasepo, gbegiri, Egusi, Obe isapa and many others. This Iru must be added to bring out the life of the soup.

Do other tribes in Nigeria use this ingredient and what's it called in your dialect?

Nigerians in diaspora, do you get to use Iru in your soups too?

MissyB3

Enough to propose
Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by Prisco4luv(m): 8:04pm On Jun 28, 2022
i love it so much
Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by Jointheir7(f): 8:05pm On Jun 28, 2022
Hmmmm...I eat half before putting it in the soup whenever I'm cooking... that's how much I love it.
Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 28, 2022
Dorwadora:
Lol .

It's Dorwadora not kamadorawa.... It does not even sound alike grin grin grin.

Yes iru ninu Ata dindin is a babe plus eja panlan kiss kiss

Chai. You go just dey talk rubbish when you dey chop am cos this combo go too sweet grin
Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by Nicepoker(m): 8:06pm On Jun 28, 2022
This thing with crazy smell.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by topoftheworld(m): 8:06pm On Jun 28, 2022
I grow up in Akure, so I'm good in eating it.

But as idoma boy that I am, our own is called okpeyin, moulded round with sticky smell but with a great taste.
Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by Atavista: 8:06pm On Jun 28, 2022
Very much. It makes the food so cooked aromatic and delicious indeed.
Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by descarado: 8:07pm On Jun 28, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Very dirty
Only a pig can call something that is stinking food
You are very ignorant.
Very very ignorant.
Aside from the West, all countries, I mean all countries of the world use different forms of that stinking food to make international cuisines.

Countries with highest iq like Japan, South korea eg has their own very stinking food which they use to cook with delish.

You probably don't know what probiotics are cos if you know, you will also know that you need probiotic more than you need any other thing.

You can only get probiotics through fermented foods like iru, ogiri.
The way an average Nigerian take vitamin c is how an average south east Asian buy probiotic and drink in form of tablets. They live very long while you with your knorr cube filled with msg and fried chicken and chips or macdonald has average lifespan of 54yrs.

Typical comment of a very low iq human.
See how he and his likes rushed to comment on something they know nothing of.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by Maj196(m): 8:07pm On Jun 28, 2022
It fvcking stinks. Gosh angry
Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by MisterGrace: 8:07pm On Jun 28, 2022
Kriss216:
What's this

What is graphic about this?

This is how very poor people come online to form fake things.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by YeyeGbami: 8:08pm On Jun 28, 2022
Dorwadora:
Lol... As a student, panla is our own babe o but Titus is cool

Till tomorrow panla is readily available in our freezer always.

Inflation don make the fish cost.
Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by VeryWickedMan: 8:08pm On Jun 28, 2022
descarado:

You are very ignorant.
Very very ignorant.
Aside from the West, all countries, I mean all countries of the world use different forms of that stinking food to make international cuisines.

Countries with highest iq like Japan, South korea eg has their own very stinking food which they use to cook with delish.

You probably don't know what probiotics are cos if you know, you will also know that you need probiotic more than you need any other thing.

You can only get probiotics through fermented foods like iru, ogiri.
The way an average Nigerian take vitamin c is how an average south east Asian buy probiotic and drink in form of tablets. They live very long while you with your knorr cube filled with msg and fried chicken and chips or macdonald has average lifespan of 54yrs.

Typical comment of a very low iq human.
See how he and his likes rushed to comment on something they know nothing of.

Which part of your body did that comment affect the most?
Re: How Much Do You Love Iru (locust Beans) In Your Food? (Picture) by Ara21(f): 8:08pm On Jun 28, 2022
Dorwadora:
Graphics keh?
So you mean you've never had locust beans with your food before?

No?

Please don't mind him. When I was small my mom use to make Iru soup, the soup is very delicious that there's no left over any day she makes the soup. In Palm oil rice. Hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hilda Baci Sheds Tears After Guinness World Record Certification (Video) / Has Anybody Noticed This? / How Do You Like To Eat Your Beans And Rice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.