Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,387 members, 7,815,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO (1431 Views)

Devs How Much Do I Charge For This Website?? / Can You Convert Static Website To Wordpress Theme / I Want To Turn My Static Website Into Responsive Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 22, 2022
Hello everyone im asking how much should i charge to build a static website for an NGO, it should be around 8 pages with alot of content but not much animations thank you.�
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by Crysallis(m): 5:20pm On Apr 22, 2022
Person marry wife, come dey ask how e go use s3x am!

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by xeratek: 5:22pm On Apr 22, 2022
7m
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 22, 2022
xeratek:
7m
Comrade isnt that overkill xD
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by classicben3: 5:27pm On Apr 22, 2022
Jayjayango:

Comrade isnt that overkill xD

When asking unnecessary question notice me
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by airsaylongcome: 6:11pm On Apr 22, 2022
You wan sell your phone (we nor know whether na Nokia Torchlight or Trion) you dey ask how much you go sell am. Dash am out na
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 22, 2022
airsaylongcome:
You wan sell your phone (we nor know whether na Nokia Torchlight or Trion) you dey ask how much you go sell am. Dash am out na
Comrade i already told u about whats in it what im asking is how others charge so i can sync, not overcharge and not be cheap afterall its all about synchronising if ur not a developer please move on

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by bosman50(m): 6:40pm On Apr 22, 2022
Haba! NGO? That should be free of charge. It's a non-profit organisation
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 22, 2022

N1000 per page

Use one page as jara
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 22, 2022
bosman50:
Haba! NGO? That should be free of charge. It's a non-profit organisation
NGO's are rich dont let the name fool you xD
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 22, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

N1000 per page

Use one page as jara
Comrade person fit spend 1 week on homepage and ur saying 1k per page xD
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 22, 2022
Is there any freelancer here who has actual advice xd
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by classicben3: 8:57pm On Apr 22, 2022
Jayjayango:

If I give you advice based on mine on way of charging what would be in for me?
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by AgentGoat: 11:12pm On Apr 22, 2022
Jayjayango:
What is this XD
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by ify01: 11:18pm On Apr 22, 2022
I've been using Usijali Hosting for a while now for my projects. 2GB disk space and 5GB bandwidth at N510 for three months.

If what you are looking for is reliable hosting at a cheap price, I do recommend them.

www.usijalihosting.com
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by ify01: 11:21pm On Apr 22, 2022
Jayjayango:

I charge 30K for not-so-big NGOs. Since I don't the size of the one you're working with, that's all I can say.
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by emmy512: 10:28am On Apr 23, 2022
35 to 45k if u starting from 0 with some complexities.
As static with resources you already have and light customization you could do 25 to 35k
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 23, 2022
ify01:

I charge 30K for not-so-big NGOs. Since I don't the size of the one you're working with, that's all I can say.
Ohk thank you man
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 23, 2022
emmy512:
35 to 45k if u starting from 0 with some complexities.
As static with resources you already have and light customization you could do 25 to 35k
Yea im using aws for web hosting so just the webhosting for a year can take upto 40k but i understand where u are coming from thank you smiley
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by Natjojo: 2:26pm On Apr 23, 2022
It all depends on the demand.
Are you building from scratch or WordPress plugins?
If You are to build from scratch then it means is a big job and requires a team for frontend and backend.
I never did any job in Nigeria and I believe the pay won't be over 1million naira.
If you're to just install and customize a WordPress plugin then is a lesser job which will be less than 100,000 naira. Depending on the customers demand.

I have never built any project using WordPress plugin because the technical issues are hard to handle in future and you should as well explain the down side of building with WordPress plugin and building from scratch.
If you have skills in HTML, CSS, JavaScript and sql, you earn more.
A site built on WordPress plugins will take years to rank in Google first page.
95% of free WordPress themes lack accessibility and makes it difficult to crawl and index by search engines.

WordPress plugin customization = 10,000k to 50,000k depending on customization
Build from scratch = 500k to over 1million, depending on task

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 24, 2022
Natjojo:
It all depends on the demand.
Are you building from scratch or WordPress plugins?
If You are to build from scratch then it means is a big job and requires a team for frontend and backend.
I never did any job in Nigeria and I believe the pay won't be over 1million naira.
If you're to just install and customize a WordPress plugin then is a lesser job which will be less than 100,000 naira. Depending on the customers demand. No

I have never built any project using WordPress plugin because the technical issues are hard to handle in future and you should as well explain the down side of building with WordPress plugin and building from scratch.
If you have skills in HTML, CSS, JavaScript and sql, you earn more.
A site built on WordPress plugins will take years to rank in Google first page.
95% of free WordPress themes lack accessibility and makes it difficult to crawl and index by search engines.

WordPress plugin customization = 10,000k to 50,000k depending on customization
Build from scratch = 500k to over 1million, depending on task

Ah finally no im not using wordpress because of the technical issues and lack of the customisation i want im building from scratch its not a web app so i need no back end thank you
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 24, 2022
classicben3:

Wait till u know what ur doing before we can discuss
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by TheOgaBoss: 7:32pm On Apr 24, 2022
Jayjayango:
50k, you can finish that site within 24hrs if it is as described. If they bargain, give a slight discount.
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 24, 2022
TheOgaBoss:
50k, you can finish that site within 24hrs if it is as described. If they bargain, give a slight discount.
I can't finish that site in 24hours its not some shabby 2 page website im building, as i said just the homepage can take me a week just to find the right ux/ui feel
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by TheOgaBoss: 11:24pm On Apr 24, 2022
Jayjayango:

I can't finish that site in 24hours its not some shabby 2 page website im building, as i said just the homepage can take me a week just to find the right ux/ui feel
what is in the home page that will take you a week to build, just curious, no offence.
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 25, 2022
TheOgaBoss:
what is in the home page that will take you a week to build, just curious, no offence.
Nah man none taken its nothing really, carousel, navbar, offcanvas on mobile, a couple of cards, live calender, then some images. After that ill add hover effects and animations and don't forget i have to find the right UI design and the ux has to pass a code review by the clients
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 25, 2022
Jayjayango:

Nah man none taken its nothing really, carousel, navbar, offcanvas on mobile, a couple of cards, live calender, then some images. After that ill add hover effects and animations and don't forget i have to find the right UI design and the ux has to pass a code review by the clients
Oh yea i also need to make sure its very responsive like for me i find designing the homepage to be the most difficult even more than making the front-end and back-end synch correctly
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by TheOgaBoss: 7:35pm On Apr 25, 2022
Jayjayango:

are you not using a css library for all these? In which case it shouldn't take as long as you claimed, anyway happy designing.
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by monikulapo: 8:15pm On Apr 25, 2022
Dude sorry for the circle jerking, especially by people who should be willing to help a newbie.
You should charge depending on your skill set but at the least enough to cover hosting, domain name etc for a year plus about about two weeks of your time. If you’re still developing your portfolio, charge enough to live comfortably within those two weeks and over deliver so you can get referrals.
I would also advise you to use a site builder, they are good for jobs like this where the client is not really tech savvy, plus it’s frees up your time to keep developing your skills.
Feel free to contact me if you have more questions.
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by monikulapo: 8:18pm On Apr 25, 2022
classicben3:

What kind of poverty mentality is this ? Something as basic as this and you’re expecting something to be in for you ? Haba
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by monikulapo: 8:19pm On Apr 25, 2022
airsaylongcome:
If you wanted to help, you would have asked and showed him the way instead of attempting to ridicule his ‘naiveness’. We need to do better as a community mehn.
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Build A Static Website For An NGO by classicben3: 8:22pm On Apr 25, 2022
monikulapo:

What kind of poverty mentality is this ? Something as basic as this and you’re expecting something to be in for you ? Haba

Stop acting foolish and stupid at same time your dead brain would have explained my context there as a joke he goat from hell coming here to yarn dust mugu better respect your useless self thier before I put am for your body wotowotopurosly

(1) (2) (Reply)

Need Ideas On Building Bloomberg.com And Q88.com Type Sites / I Built A Chatbot For Cinema Lovers, Please Check It Out / Someone Fluent In Both Python And MATLAB Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.