Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

My Ui/Ux Journey - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Ui/Ux Journey (2281 Views)

Walk With Me On My UI UX Design Journey / My UI/UX Design Collection / Why Does Startup Need UI/UX Design To Retain The Customers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ui/Ux Journey by PlaysNigeria: 12:50pm On Apr 23, 2022
I have been a developer since 2019, built several websites with front end full stack and php backends.
I got more inclined with frontend design as i find it more interesting, so this year i decided to try it as a career.
I started taking product design courses, covering user interface and user experience.
This programs taught me the use of Adobe XD and Figma, so i started practicing.

I'll update this post as i progress, my Instagram portfolio is @thegoodcollector.

This is my first design.

4 Likes

Re: My Ui/Ux Journey by PlaysNigeria: 1:01pm On Apr 23, 2022
My second design with glass morphism.

7 Likes

Re: My Ui/Ux Journey by LikeAking: 1:47pm On Apr 23, 2022
Nice!

Abeg jus give me small of ur brain.
Re: My Ui/Ux Journey by PlaysNigeria: 1:51pm On Apr 23, 2022
LikeAking:
Nice!

Abeg jus give me small of ur brain.
Lol boss you can have it, thanks btw. wink
Re: My Ui/Ux Journey by Eminent012: 11:47pm On Apr 23, 2022
Please where can a UI UX designer work? What do they do? I'm a novice and want to learn.
Re: My Ui/Ux Journey by jeff35(m): 12:21am On Apr 28, 2022
This is really motivating
Re: My Ui/Ux Journey by PlaysNigeria: 5:54am On Apr 29, 2022
Eminent012:
Please where can a UI UX designer work? What do they do? I'm a novice and want to learn.
The goal of Uiux design is to make a product super easy for users to interact with, from Mobile apps to websites. UI UX designers work, most times as a freelance for tech companies or softwares developers to help achieve that goal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ui/Ux Journey by PlaysNigeria: 5:55am On Apr 29, 2022
jeff35:
This is really motivating
That's alot. smiley
More designs coming, what app would you suggest i design next?

1 Like

Re: My Ui/Ux Journey by Kirkman: 12:37am On May 02, 2022
PlaysNigeria:
My second design with glass morphism.
Which of the apps did you use to design this, was it Figma or Adobe XD?
Re: My Ui/Ux Journey by PlaysNigeria: 1:53am On May 02, 2022
Kirkman:

Which of the apps did you use to design this, was it Figma or Adobe XD?
I used Adobe XD

1 Like

Re: My Ui/Ux Journey by Kirkman: 11:14am On May 02, 2022
PlaysNigeria:

I used Adobe XD
Allright sir. Soldier on in your journey.
Do you have anyone putting you through this whole learning process or it's just you alone?
Re: My Ui/Ux Journey by PlaysNigeria: 7:32pm On May 02, 2022
Kirkman:

Allright sir. Soldier on in your journey.
Do you have anyone putting you through this whole learning process or it's just you alone?
It's just me, for now. Thanks alright.

1 Like

Re: My Ui/Ux Journey by PlaysNigeria: 11:42am On May 12, 2022
Hi guys, so I decided to update my progress on interface design. And it's getting pretty interesting. smiley

1 Like

Re: My Ui/Ux Journey by LikeAking: 5:04pm On May 13, 2022
smiley

If you cum add ur JS & PHP SKILLZ ONTOP YOU GO GO FAR
Re: My Ui/Ux Journey by chymdyx(m): 10:24pm On Mar 03, 2023
PlaysNigeria:
Hi guys, so I decided to update my progress on interface design. And it's getting pretty interesting. smiley

good evening..
So this is 2023..

how has ur journey been?? are u doing good?
Re: My Ui/Ux Journey by PlaysNigeria: 6:50am On Mar 06, 2023
chymdyx:

good evening..
So this is 2023..

how has ur journey been?? are u doing good?
Well it’s been great and I’m doing fine. I got a couple of gigs from referrals. Even though i have been busy with school 🥲 and I couldn’t keep my portfolio updated. I’ll tend to create a time to do this as along the line.
Thanks for asking.

1 Like

Re: My Ui/Ux Journey by Immunity1555: 5:39pm On Mar 07, 2023
Eminent012:

UX/UI Designers work in the computing, software, and information technology industry.
UI UX designers create the user interface for an app, website, or other interactive media. Their work includes collaborating with product managers and engineers to gather requirements from users before designing ideas that can be communicated using storyboards.
There are online courses, but
I will recommend you to where you will learn the skills, gain exposure and gain experience.
You can find out; click this link;
/3Jgxo2h
Re: My Ui/Ux Journey by Immunity1555: 8:30pm On Mar 07, 2023
[quote author=Immunity1555 post=121552519]

UX/UI Designers work in the computing, software, and information technology industry.
UI UX designers create the user interface for an app, website, or other interactive media. Their work includes collaborating with product managers and engineers to gather requirements from users before designing ideas that can be communicated using storyboards.
I will recommend you to where you will learn the skills, gain exposure and gain experience.
You can find out; https:///3Jgxo2h
Re: My Ui/Ux Journey by Immunity1555: 8:53pm On Mar 07, 2023
Immunity1555:

You can find out; click this
/3Jgxo2h
Re: My Ui/Ux Journey by Immunity1555: 9:01pm On Mar 07, 2023
Immunity1555:

You can find out; click this link;
/3Jgxo2h
Re: My Ui/Ux Journey by PlaysNigeria: 4:22pm On Sep 02, 2023
Hi guys, it’s been over 5 months and I finally got a break from school. cry
So, while i was checking through my old stuffs this morning, i found a very old book where i used to write stuffs and make scribbles. The sight of it warmed my heart. I smiled and I remember this which thread i had created here on Nairaland. I quickly checked through and look at what i found.

A very old UX wireframe i had sketched. Though it looks ugly grin, during the time it was made, i had no knowledge of product design and just a little knowledge of html. Now i know where fascination with Ui Ux came from. grin grin

Re: My Ui/Ux Journey by PlaysNigeria: 4:32pm On Sep 02, 2023
So guys, as promised I’ll keep you guys updated on my Ui Ux journey. While i was at this break, i quickly took a full dive into more courses on product design. And I transitioned from using Adobe XD to Figma (Since Adobe already took over the company and Adobe xd is getting docile).
I took a couple of challenge and landed this design. smiley

Re: My Ui/Ux Journey by PlaysNigeria: 4:35pm On Sep 02, 2023
And this is my second design on Figma. grin cool
Please follow my Instagram @matthewgrm while I updated this page. Thanks 🙏🏽

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Study Computer Sciences In A Finnish University. Ask Me Anything / Do Need Paystack Payment Integration / Practical Guide For Web Development 2019 Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.