Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? (780 Views)

When the Qur'an is misinterpretated : Did Jesus Die On The Cross? / Why Did Jesus Die? / If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by tctrills: 11:34pm On Apr 23, 2022
What is the fate of those that lived before the coming of Christ? Would they be saved by his blood?
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by Aonkuuse(m): 11:35pm On Apr 23, 2022
Of course

1 Peter 3:18-20;

For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit, 19 in which he went and proclaimed to the spirits in prison, 20 because they formerly did not obey, when God’s patience waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through water.

It says that Christ was put to death and made alive in the spirit, indicating that he was still spiritually active.

It says that he went in the spirit to proclaim to spirits “in prison.” We would hardly consider Heaven and the presence of God to be a prison, so this can only be a reference to Hell.

That this “prison” is Hell has further support from the fact it says that the spirits are those who were disobedient during the days of Noah. Such was their disobedience that it tested God’s patience!
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 23, 2022
Yes. It was like His blood atone for them in arrears.
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by uthlaw: 12:47am On Apr 24, 2022
nobody die for anybody...God can forgive sins himself instead of someone to die for the sin...so Jesus you called god still come to die for the sins he originated...where is sense in that?

2 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by yanabasee(m): 1:34am On Apr 24, 2022
Why did God stain my blood with sin... When I wasn't there with Adam and Eve.....And the snake he allowed Satan to send to eve....

I believe that Jesus Christ should've asked God why he gave Adams power over the garden and still forbid him to eat apple.... When he had the power to hide the apple away from the garden...

I'm not a sinner...

Adam and Eve.. where they white or black?

I am black and I am not related to them....

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by Amos1423(m): 2:09am On Apr 24, 2022
Confused set of people! Even with the level we portray religion, Nigerians are still the most evil being to walk the face of the earth. All this nairaland zombie and tribalism, Abeg which church dem dey go I want check something.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by tctrills: 8:12am On Apr 24, 2022
Amos1423:
Confused set of people! Even with the level we portray religion, Nigerians are still the most evil being to walk the face of the earth. All this nairaland zombie and tribalism, Abeg which church dem dey go I want check something.
You are the one insulting everyone here, how are you better than the evil, zombie tribalist you are talking about?
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by Jokerman(m): 8:12am On Apr 24, 2022
Everyone that ever walked on the planet... the blood if Jesus has set free
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by tctrills: 8:14am On Apr 24, 2022
Aonkuuse:
Of course

1 Peter 3:18-20;

For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit, 19 in which he went and proclaimed to the spirits in prison, 20 because they formerly did not obey, when God’s patience waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through water.

It says that Christ was put to death and made alive in the spirit, indicating that he was still spiritually active.

It says that he went in the spirit to proclaim to spirits “in prison.” We would hardly consider Heaven and the presence of God to be a prison, so this can only be a reference to Hell.

That this “prison” is Hell has further support from the fact it says that the spirits are those who were disobedient during the days of Noah. Such was their disobedience that it tested God’s patience!
So you mean that even those who are dead would have a chance to hear the word of God? Again, you mean a soul can be saved from hell and hell isn't permanent?
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by Aonkuuse(m): 8:22am On Apr 24, 2022
Don't be dumb my friend, read the ops question again and read my answer
tctrills:

So you mean that even those who are dead would have a chance to hear the word of God? Again, you mean a soul can be saved from hell and hell isn't permanent?
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by tctrills: 8:27am On Apr 24, 2022
Aonkuuse:
Don't be dumb my friend, read the ops question again and read my answer
The way you boys insult is becoming alarming. If you don't have answers to a question, you don't need to be rude. Its ok to say I don't know.
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:31am On Apr 24, 2022
tctrills:

So you mean that even those who are dead would have a chance to hear the word of God? ...

Did they not hear The Word before they died? Especially those post-resurrection.
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by akmath: 8:32am On Apr 24, 2022
Will non Christians make heaven?

Pastors in the house over to you.
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by tctrills: 8:34am On Apr 24, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Did they not hear The Word before they died? Especially those post-resurrection.
We are talking about those that died before Christ and even so many in our world today die every day without being exposed to Christian teachings.
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:50am On Apr 24, 2022
tctrills:
We are talking about those that died before Christ and even so many in our world today die every day without being exposed to Christian teachings.

You can not validly say so for the anyone for you can never know when and where God spoke with them exactly as you where not there when He spoke to Abraham or Cornelius.

And this issue is very unimportant for in truth, you do not care if your neighbours next doors have eaten or not, not to talk of those in eon years ago.

So, it is all man for himself but it is God Who reaches out to anyone who He chooses to.

It is really none of our business.
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by tctrills: 8:52am On Apr 24, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You can not validly say so for the anyone for you can never know when and where God spoke with them exactly as you where not there when He spoke to Abraham or Cornelius.

And this issue is very unimportant for in truth, you do not care if your neighbours next doors have eaten or not, not to talk of those in eon years ago.

So, it is all man for himself but it is God Who reaches out to anyone who He chooses to.

It is really none of our business.

Are you saying that it is wrong to ask what would happen to those who never heard the word of God before they died? You mean as children of God, its not our business to know the fate of our brothers and sisters who never had a chance to read the bible?
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:05am On Apr 24, 2022
tctrills:

Are you saying that it is wrong to ask what would happen to those who never heard the word of God before they died? You mean as children of God, its not our business to know the fate of our brothers and sisters who never had a chance to read the bible?

Yes! Because we see God has already handled all these things even before we were born. Remember how Abraham answered the rich man in hell, in addition to Christ going to preach to the dead, that clearly tells you God has handled these things, so we can tend to ourselves and choose our own destinations as they have done.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by NNTR: 9:15am On Apr 24, 2022
tctrills:
What is the fate of those that lived before the coming of Christ? Would they be saved by his blood?
Romans 2 :12, 14-16
'For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without [regard to] the Law,
and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged and condemned by the Law.
14When Gentiles, who do not have the Law [since it was given only to Jews],
do instinctively the things the Law requires [guided only by their conscience],
they are a law to themselves, though they do not have the Law.
15They show that the essential requirements of the Law are written in their hearts; and their conscience
[their sense of right and wrong, their moral choices] bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or perhaps defending them
16on that day when, as my gospel proclaims, God will judge the secrets [all the hidden thoughts and concealed sins] of men through Christ Jesus.
'

For those who lived before the coming of Christ, their fate is that, they will judged according to their conscience

tctrills:

Dtruthspeaker:
Yes! Because we see God has already handled all these things even before we were born. Remember how Abraham answered the rich man in hell, in addition to Christ going to preach to the dead, that clearly tells you God has handled these things, so we can tend to ourselves and choose our own destinations as they have done.
I agree to all this immediate above and so thereby second and liked the comment

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:27am On Apr 24, 2022
NNTR:

I agree to all this immediate above and so thereby second and liked the comment..

My hat is under arm.
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by tctrills: 9:33am On Apr 24, 2022
NNTR:
Romans 2 :12, 14-16
'For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without [regard to] the Law,
and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged and condemned by the Law.
14When Gentiles, who do not have the Law [since it was given only to Jews],
do instinctively the things the Law requires [guided only by their conscience],
they are a law to themselves, though they do not have the Law.
15They show that the essential requirements of the Law are written in their hearts; and their conscience
[their sense of right and wrong, their moral choices] bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or perhaps defending them
16on that day when, as my gospel proclaims, God will judge the secrets [all the hidden thoughts and concealed sins] of men through Christ Jesus.
'

For those who lived before the coming of Christ, their fate is that, they will judged according to their conscience

I agree to all this immediate above and so thereby second and liked the comment

Interesting but that leads to another question. If we could be saved by our conscience, then why do we need Christ?
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by Honchoslim16(m): 9:41am On Apr 24, 2022
akmath:
Will non Christians make heaven?

Pastors in the house over to you.
Will the entire population in China go to hell?
The answer to my question should answer yours

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by NNTR: 9:54am On Apr 24, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
My hat is under arm.
Whats this means please

Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by NNTR: 10:01am On Apr 24, 2022
tctrills:
Interesting but that leads to another question. If we could be saved by our conscience, then why do we need Christ?
So that all righteousness be fulfilled.
The other is process, which is the series of actions and steps needed to be taken in order that a particular end(s) is achieved.

Not everyone qualifies to be judged or saved by their conscience

Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:55am On Apr 24, 2022
NNTR:
Whats this means please...

How yorubas and Europeans, in the past, pay respect to a person by removing their caps and placing it, under their arm
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by NNTR: 10:57am On Apr 24, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
How yorubas and Europeans pay respect to a person by removing their caps and placing it, under their arm.
My bad. Facepalm. Egg on my face. Should have known
Mutual in divine love, feeling and respect

Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:05am On Apr 24, 2022
NNTR:
My bad. Facepalm. Egg on my face. Should have known
Mutual in divine love, feeling and respect.

cheesy it's also because I used it in a way different from way from what people usually say "hat in hand" (which also means to desperately beg) "I doff my cap".
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by tctrills: 11:44am On Apr 24, 2022
NNTR:
So that all righteousness be fulfilled.
The other is process, which is the series of actions and steps needed to be taken in order that a particular end(s) is achieved.

Not everyone qualifies to be judged or saved by their conscience

You mean that there was no real need for Jesus to die for our sins, he only died to prove a point? If salvation can come to some without Christ, are there now 2 standards of salvation? Christ said, no one can come to the Father but by me. Was he lying, as you seem to be saying that many would be saved by conscience and not through Christ?
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by NNTR: 12:12pm On Apr 24, 2022
tctrills:
You mean that there was no real need for Jesus to die for our sins, he only died to prove a point?
God died so to give you an opportunity to become a better person and the world a better place.

God is not required to prove points to anyone or anybody

tctrills:
If salvation can come to some without Christ, are there now 2 standards of salvation? Christ said, no one can come to the Father but by me. Was he lying, as you seem to be saying that many would be saved by conscience and not through Christ?

It took 4000 years from the moment of the fall from grace to grass in Eden, for Jesus Christ, who is God Incarnate, thats meaning, God in human flesh body, to not only complete the process, but go the full length of the whole shebang, which is namely includes Atonement, Salvation, Redemption and Reconciliation with God

There are no 2 standards of salvation. Salvation is one, it however can be retrospectively valid and be backdated for pre-4000 years ago earth inhabitants.

Salvation comes from God. The name Jesus, means God Saves and the title, Christ, means, the Anointed One, essentially the One put aside for the purpose of achieving Atonement, Salvation, Redemption and Reconciliation with God

The Atonement, Salvation, Redemption and Reconciliation with God done through Jesus Christ, is for everyone. Some getting judged by the conscience, does not equate to being saved by the conscience.

Dont be overthinking and complicating things, because if you do, you'll find yourself becoming entangled up in unwarranted and groundless theological questions

Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by tctrills: 12:45pm On Apr 24, 2022
NNTR:
God died so to give you an opportunity to become a better person and the world a better place.

God is not required to prove points to anyone or anybody

It took 4000 years from the moment of the fall from grace to grass in Eden, for Jesus Christ, who is God Incarnate, thats meaning, God in human flesh body, to not only complete the process, but go the full length of the whole shebang, which is namely includes Atonement, Salvation, Redemption and Reconciliation with God

There are no 2 standards of salvation. Salvation is one, it however can be retrospectively valid and be backdated for pre-4000 years ago earth inhabitants.

Salvation comes from God. The name Jesus, means God Saves and the title, Christ, means, the Anointed One, essentially the One put aside for the purpose of achieving Atonement, Salvation, Redemption and Reconciliation with God

The Atonement, Salvation, Redemption and Reconciliation with God done through Jesus Christ, is for everyone. Some getting judged by the conscience, does not equate to being saved by the conscience.

Dont be overthinking and complicating, because if you do, you'll find yourself becoming entangled up in unwarranted and groundless theological questions

These are very important questions and I am not sure you are addressing them. The bible states that salvation comes only and through Jesus Christ but you are teaching that some wouldn't need Christ to be saved.
My question remains, if a good conscience is enough to save, why did Christ have to come? We all could as well be saved by Good conscience.
But on the other hand, Every human being form Adam to the last man on earth needs to accept Jesus to the saved. Remember, except a man is born again, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. It never said some men would enter with a good conscience. Or am I miss quoting the bible?
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by NNTR: 1:06pm On Apr 24, 2022
tctrills:
These are very important questions and I am not sure you are addressing them.
Ive addressed all your inquisition and even kindly warned you not to be overthinking and complicating things, because if you do, you'll find yourself becoming entangled up in unwarranted and groundless theological questions

tctrills:
The bible states that salvation comes only and through Jesus Christ but you are teaching that some wouldn't need Christ to be saved.
I want to believe that you are honest, sincere and truthful enough not to be twisting and distorting what I wrote.

Let me tell you something, you find yourself shipwreck in the dark sea, then a rescue ship passes by. Is the ship going to save or not save everything thrown overboard. Of course, yes, it would save every one, but then it doesnt mean, where or who applicable will not face disciplinary hearing to find out who is responsible for causing the ship to sink. Do you get the difference now?

tctrills:
My question remains, if a good conscience is enough to save, why did Christ have to come? We all could as well be saved by Good conscience.
But on the other hand, Every human being form Adam to the last man on earth needs to accept Jesus to the saved ...
What part of not everyone is going to be judge based on their consciences, dont you understand?

tctrills:
... Remember, except a man is born again, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. It never said some men would enter with a good conscience. Or am I miss quoting the bible?
Yes, you've misquoted the bible verse.

I have nothing more to type because you simply are doing that strange activity of dog chasing tail here

Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by Steep: 1:17pm On Apr 24, 2022
tctrills:
Abraham lived before the coming of christ, same with Abel, Noah etc yet they were saved. How? Through faith in the unseen God.
It is the father that draws people to christ, irrespective of satus and time.

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

All those whom the Father draws to christ believes on Jesus and are saved just like Abraham who didn't know chtist in the flesh yet He believe the gospel; God himself preached to Abraham the gospel.
Re: Did Jesus Die For Those That Lived Before His Birth? by tctrills: 1:21pm On Apr 24, 2022
Ive addressed all your inquisition and even kindly warned you not to be overthinking and complicating things, because if you do, you'll find yourself becoming entangled up in unwarranted and groundless theological questions

In Christianity, there is nothing like over thinking. God did not place a limit on our thought process.

I want to believe that you are honest, sincere and truthful enough not to be twisting and distorting what I wrote.

I never twisted what you wrote. But your position is not clear. You don't seem to know if those that lived prior to Christ needed him for their salvation.

Let me tell you something, you find yourself shipwreck in the dark sea, then a rescue ship passes by. Is the ship going to save or not save everything thrown overboard. Of course, yes, it would save every one, but then it doesnt mean, where or who applicable will not face disciplinary hearing to find out who is responsible for causing the ship to sink. Do you get the difference now?

Honestly I don't understand. You seem to be complicating it more.

What part of not everyone is going to be judge based on their consciences, dont you understand?

I get that exactly. You seem to be saying that some would be judged by their conscience and others would have to accept Jesus. Hence my question, If some can be saved only by their conscience then why not everyone be saved by conscience and spare Christ from suffering?

Yes, you've misquoted the bible verse.

I am open to correction

I have nothing more to type because you simply are doing that strange activity of dog chasing tail here

No I am just making you accountable. Others are reading this so you should at least try to have a clear point. I asked basic questions. Would all men be saved through Christ's sacrifice? You said some would be saved through conscience. Then I asked if some could be saved by conscience why did Christ have to come? Why don't we all get saved through conscience and save Christ the suffering? You don't seem to have an answer but then you warm me of over thinking as if there is a sin called over thinking.

Anyway thanks for your effort.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Was God Before He Created The Heavens? / Do You Believe The Bible? Come In I Have Some Questions / How Will You Know That Christ Or Allah Has Returned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.