Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,032 members, 7,866,904 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:53 AM

The First Ten Lessons I Learned About Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The First Ten Lessons I Learned About Prayer (136 Views)

Things To Know About Prayer Partners And Prayer Points / Five Things Every Christian Should Know About Prayer / How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The First Ten Lessons I Learned About Prayer by SonofIssachar: 12:30am On Apr 24, 2022
1. The only real mistake we can make in prayer is not praying.

If we pray earnestly, almost anything we do is better than not praying. After all, no father rejects the child's plea because she did not use the right words or form. He welcomes his child into his arms.  Someone has said, "Nothing never happens when we pray."

2. No matter how much you pray, you will never be completely satisfied with your prayer life.

You will always feel the goal is out there beyond you somewhere. We must work against perfectionism, that mental disease that convinces us because we're not doing something perfectly, that we should stop it altogether. No matter how ineffective you think your prayers are, believe that they matter to God and keep on praying.

3. The Holy Spirit helps us in our prayer.

Romans 8:26 assures us "He helps us in our weakness because we do not know how to pray." The Greek word translated "helps" is a compound Greek verb "synantilambanomai.”  The "syn" means "together, with us."  The "anti" means "opposite to, in front of."   And the "lambanomai" is a form of the verb "to lift."  Together they tell us the Holy Spirit gets on the other end of our task, opposite to us, and together with us lifts the burden.  He does not do this in our place but works with us.

4. Keep on praying.

Persistence in prayer is taught so many times in the Scripture. My favorite is blind Bartimaeus in Luke 18. Let nothing stop you from praying. Not your own inadequacy (of which there is much), your own needs (which can be overwhelming), not your fears (which never tire of assaulting you), and most definitely not other people (discouragement is all around us). Just keep at it.

5. Our emotions and feelings are irrelevant to effective praying.

We need to rescue our prayer life from the bondage to our emotions. You know, "I don't feel like my prayers go beyond the ceiling," or "I don't feel like praying today." When you turn to the Father in prayer, how you feel has nothing to do with anything. Pray anyway.

By Joe McKeever

To continue tomorrow...

Meditation: ...The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. – James 5:16b

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Also read:

The Force of Prayer
A Little Girl’s Prayer
God Answers Prayers
https://daily-dew.com/the-first-10-lessons-i-learned-about-prayer-1/

(1) (Reply)

God's Revelations Are NOT FOR SALE / Belief In Angels 1 / I Was Listening To Osinach Song,i Think She Still Alive.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.