Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

US Warns Against Allowing Chinese Military Base In Solomon Islands, - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Warns Against Allowing Chinese Military Base In Solomon Islands, (1910 Views)

US Warns Ukraine There Will Be A Full Scale Russian Invasion ( Pics) / Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) / Chinese Military Shows Off It's Deadly, Robot Attack-And-Destroy Sharks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Warns Against Allowing Chinese Military Base In Solomon Islands, by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 24, 2022
SIRTee15:

Are u ok. In Ukraine to maintain peace by bombing cities and killing civilians.
Putin supporters will say anything to justify evil.

Who bothered about Russia when they seized crimea peacefully?
Now that they can't seize the rest of Ukraine 'peacefully' they have to resort to bombing.

Btw American troops are not in Assad controlled Syria. He no longer control the Kurdish territory.
Tell putin to put pressure on Assad and give the kurds the autonomy they deserve.
Maybe the Kurdish army will then tell the American troops to go home since their help will no longer be needed.
even Iraq could not send American troops out of their country when they wanted to
Re: US Warns Against Allowing Chinese Military Base In Solomon Islands, by Hyperchi(m): 8:48am On Apr 24, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Within the context of the topic being discussed you aren't making any sense
So whose idea is it that china established a military base in the Solomon island. Una go just run come dey contribute as if you know anything. Did Solomon island complain that it's being forced to host a chinese military base?
U are so stupid to reply me.go through the topic and see the reason for my comment
Re: US Warns Against Allowing Chinese Military Base In Solomon Islands, by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 24, 2022
donttouchme:
China with their autocratic government should stay away from Solomon island. America is fighting for democracy. D last time I check, britain, France and some democratic nations have military bases in other countries because they have a system of check and balance. It will be disastrous to allow countries like China and Russia military in others countries. USA should apply more pressure abeg.
look at your life and what you're writing , do you know that some of those countries don't want US in their soil

4 Likes

Re: US Warns Against Allowing Chinese Military Base In Solomon Islands, by hayzed19(m): 9:17am On Apr 24, 2022
Allow each country to use whichever form of government works best for them. Most countries used the US Democratic system of government, which has a flawed system for regime change when you go against their interests.
Russia, like the United States, has a democratic, federative system with a republican government.
I don't see much of a difference between the government systems of Washington and Moscow. Some leaders in the US Congress have been in power for 40 years or more, 35 years or more, and 20 years or more, similar to Russia's state duma.
The most noticeable difference, in my opinion, is the United States' constant change of presidency.

donttouchme:
China with their autocratic government should stay away from Solomon island. America is fighting for democracy. D last time I check, britain, France and some democratic nations have military bases in other countries because they have a system of check and balance. It will be disastrous to allow countries like China and Russia military in others countries. USA should apply more pressure abeg.
Re: US Warns Against Allowing Chinese Military Base In Solomon Islands, by SIRTee15: 1:55pm On Apr 24, 2022
jackslow:
they're not free to sanction them either

If I don't like u, I have every right not to have anything with u.
If your interest is jeopardising my interest, I have every right to cut u off.
When Nigeria imposed tarrif and closed the borders to other west African nations market, don't u know that was economic sanctions?
Re: US Warns Against Allowing Chinese Military Base In Solomon Islands, by Horus(m): 2:17pm On Apr 24, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD7WY1qXNzE

‘Utter nonsense’: Solomon Islands PM says China is not a threat to regional stability

Solomon Islands prime minister Manasseh Sogavare has dismissed foreign criticism of the country’s security negotiations with China as 'insulting' and called those who leaked the draft agreement 'lunatics', in his first comments to parliament on the proposed treaty.
'We find it very insulting, Mr Speaker, to be branded as unfit to manage our sovereign affairs,' Sogavare said

2 Likes

Re: US Warns Against Allowing Chinese Military Base In Solomon Islands, by Mangekyo: 3:48pm On Apr 24, 2022
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD7WY1qXNzE

‘Utter nonsense’: Solomon Islands PM says China is not a threat to regional stability

Solomon Islands prime minister Manasseh Sogavare has dismissed foreign criticism of the country’s security negotiations with China as 'insulting' and called those who leaked the draft agreement 'lunatics', in his first comments to parliament on the proposed treaty.
'We find it very insulting, Mr Speaker, to be branded as unfit to manage our sovereign affairs,' Sogavare said
They calling the man unfit to lead his people because of the decision he made. Decisions that his people are happy with.
Later, mōrons on this forum will tell you that USA respects the sovereignty of other nations

6 Likes

Re: US Warns Against Allowing Chinese Military Base In Solomon Islands, by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 24, 2022
SIRTee15:

When Nigeria imposed tarrif and closed the borders to other west African nations market, don't u know that was economic sanctions?
when a nation is sanctioned by US other states are also prevented from dealing with the sanctioned state
Re: US Warns Against Allowing Chinese Military Base In Solomon Islands, by Svlla: 6:04pm On Apr 24, 2022
SIRTee15:

Are u ok. In Ukraine to maintain peace by bombing cities and killing civilians.
Putin supporters will say anything to justify evil.

Who bothered about Russia when they seized crimea peacefully?
Now that they can't seize the rest of Ukraine 'peacefully' they have to resort to bombing.

Btw American troops are not in Assad controlled Syria. He no longer control the Kurdish territory.
Tell putin to put pressure on Assad and give the kurds the autonomy they deserve.
Maybe the Kurdish army will then tell the American troops to go home since their help will no longer be needed.
grin grin grin
You're talking rubbish mahn

Who's holding the Kurd

First tell Turkey to release the Kurds

How many Kurdish people are there in Syria
The US armed the kurds for many purpose, to fight the ISIS they created, to fight Syria even to undermine Iran

The US have successfully radicalized the Kurds and now you're saying Syria is holding them back

But you just came here to say shit you don't know
Re: US Warns Against Allowing Chinese Military Base In Solomon Islands, by Svlla: 6:07pm On Apr 24, 2022
SIRTee15:

Likewise what Russia is doing in Ukraine

It's all about interest at the end of the day
Re: US Warns Against Allowing Chinese Military Base In Solomon Islands, by SIRTee15: 8:47pm On Apr 24, 2022
Svlla:

Likewise what Russia is doing in Ukraine

It's all about interest at the end of the day

Russia is bombing ukraine, not cutting it off. U don't kill your enemy because u don't like him. U will end up in jail.
Russia should an action Ukraine but leave it alone.
Re: US Warns Against Allowing Chinese Military Base In Solomon Islands, by SIRTee15: 9:07pm On Apr 24, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
America troops have been bombing in Syria since thy kingdom come. At least russia has bother with ukraine and there are millions or Russians in ukraine. But what is US connection with rebels fighting against the government of syria? Deal with it
Russia will remain in ukraine for as long as it requires to maintain peace between rebels in the donbass and ukrainian forces. If you don't like it then you can go hang ursef

Russian troops are also in rebel controlled area of ukraine. Ukrainian government have lost control of the donbass since 2014
Also you go and tell Zelenski to allow the donbass be as they have declared their own republic. Or at least they should conduct a referendum in the region.. only then will russian troops leave ukraine. But for as long as ukrainian troops continue to threaten the people of the donbass russian troops will protect them

American troop is bombing Syrian cities is simply a figment of your imagination. Provide a link if u have any, otherwise keep your emotional rants to yourself. I already told u what they doing in Kurdish controlled territory.

Funny enough, I support a referendum in the donesk and lugansk region of Ukraine, Or granting them regional autonomy.
That will go along way assuage the ongoing concern and agitation in those region. It's the only pragmatic way to end the civil war.

The problem with u guys is u see this war as either u pro putin or pro west. That's the prism u guys view this conflict obtusing your sense of objectivity n reality.
I see it from a pragmatic view. When Russia seized crimes, I wasn't bothered bcis it's obvious the crimeans wanted it.
Same cannot be said about mauripol, another ethnic Russian city that Russia had to kill almost half the population just to control it.
Does that make sense to u. Putin killing ethnic Russians he wants to protect!!!
This war is senseless, the most useless war in recent history.
Putin should swallow his ego and withdraw his troops from areas repulsive to Russian rule. He should end the war.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Donald Trump: God's Whip For Black People? / How Israel Bombed Saddam Hussein's Nuclear Reactor / BREXIT Referendum Today, In Or Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.