Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Give To Me. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Give To Me. (177 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Give To Me. by AbundantLife05: 6:42am On Apr 24, 2022
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION
GIVE TO ME. MT 22:21
“Caesar’s,” they replied. “Well, then,” he said, “give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God.” NLT.

Dear friends, I welcome you to today’s teaching and I pray that we will give our all to God in Jesus name. Our topic this morning is; “Give to me”. Let me start from here, God expects something from us, there is something he wants us to give to him but he will never force us to him because he has given us free will to choose what we want to do. When you look at the scripture we read above, you will discover that God is a responsible being who wants us to live responsibly.
The scripture above shows our civic responsibility of paying taxes to the authorities and it presents the second side of the coin which is the spiritual responsibility of giving our lives to him. Give as used in Mt 22:21 means render, yield, reward and sell. This teaching will emphasize on "yield" to drive home the point we want to make. Yield according to Oxford Languages is to give way to arguments, demands or pressure. Mt 22:21c; “...and give to God what belongs to God.” Jesus in the scripture above wants us to stop resisting the call unto salvation and surrender our lives to him. This is the main reason Jesus came to the world and he wants us to make the most out of it. Rev 3:20; “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.” NLT.

When we give our lives to him by believing and confessing him as our Lord and saviour, he expects us to present our bodies to him. Rom 12:1-2; “And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. [2]Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.” NLT. God does not want us to use our bodies as we like, it is a holy sacrifice to him. We are to use it to worship him by not using it to serve sin because giving our lives to Christ is a call to consecration that we must observe. Rom 6:13.

Also, after we have yielded to the call of salvation by accepting Jesus as our Lord and saviour, he gives us his Spirit who in turn lead us. Rom 8:16; “For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God’s children.” NLT. To understand the leading of the Holy Spirit more, you should check our teaching “He leads me” on this platform. God expects us to fully yield to the leading of the Holy Spirit, by doing that, the Spirit of God will lead us into the place God has designed for us which are spiritual growth, dominion and the ultimate salvation of our souls. (Reigning with God in heaven) 1Pet 1:5; “And through your faith, God is protecting you by his power until you receive this salvation, which is ready to be revealed on the last day for all to see.” NLT.

Therefore, if you are reading this and you have not given your life to Christ, here is an avenue to do that by saying this prayer with me; Lord Jesus, I confess you as my Lord and saviour today, please save me and be my lord and I will be your witness till the end. Amen. If you have recited the prayer wholeheartedly, I congratulate you and I welcome you to the family of God. Make sure you join a bible believing church as you start your journey in Christ.

If you have been blessed by the teaching and you have questions and comments. Contact Abundant Life Vision through the following platforms:
Twitter: @VisionAbundant
Instagram: visionabundantlife
Email: visionabundantlife@gmail.com
God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Give To Me. by Wanbissaka: 7:07am On Apr 24, 2022
Give to me also. I broke die
Re: Give To Me. by muyico(m): 8:00am On Apr 24, 2022
We all need it

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens: Thursday, May 5,2022 / Female Student Burnt Alive In Sokoto For Allegedly Insulting Prophet Muhammad. / It's Your Time For Extraordinary Breakthrough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.