Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,047 members, 7,838,650 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

You Will Shed Tears After Reading This Story - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Will Shed Tears After Reading This Story (193 Views)

See What I Did After Reading The Bible Completely For Thr 3rd Time. / Dunamis Pastor And His Wife Shed Tears After Healing Twin Sisters Of Insanity / God First - Ugandan Lady Shares Pics Of Herself Reading Bible Wearing Only Shirt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Will Shed Tears After Reading This Story by Chimere1(m): 7:11am On Apr 24, 2022
A couple believed God for the healing of their daughter who was down with a terminal disease. They were fervent and committed believers in the fold. They were models to many in the church because the life of Christ was seen through them.
Most times we wonder why bad circumstances befall such people, but God knows the best. As a church, we prayed earnestly for this little girl who just graduated from grade school, and she was not able to further her education because of the illness.
As time went on, the doctor advised she gets operated on to avoid the virus spreading through the body and damaging her cells. That was a hard decision to comply with for her parents because they considered her age, and faith wise, they trusted God for healing without any medical operation.
They were in the middle of making a great decision that could either mar or help the situation of their daughter.
The Mother of this child never supported the doctor’s idea, but after much conviction from the doctor and medical consultants, they gave in.
On a Saturday morning, the operation was carried out on this little child. During that period, we all prayed and trusted God deeply for its success. Looking at this couple, I saw fear, pain and doubt written on their faces and manifesting in their actions,that never stopped us from interceding.

After 7 hours in the theatre, we saw the doctors and some nurses coming out of a room, they assured the couple that their daughter will be alright. That statement from a mere human strengthened our faith to an extent. We all left to our respective houses and returned the next day hoping for an answered prayer.
We all waited to see Annie rise up from the bed hale and hearty but it wasn’t so. The doctor communicated Annie’s condition to her parents who were already shaking in fear; he said Annie became comatose few minutes after being operated on, that was a striking news.
At first, we all lost hope in her survival because she was a child. We started murmuring to ourselves, asking questions only God could answer. Everyone was drained, after praying at night, trading our sleep for a positive response, we got a negative result.
At this point, no one could lead the prayers, everyone was mute, I noticed the couple had lost strength to cry, that moment was terrifying.
Then the worst happened, gradually, I noticed a brother who was part of the prayer team left the hospital, I was dumfounded; then two others left at once, this movement continued slowly until the team had three members.
This was more heart-breaking than anything.
Thank God the leader of the prayer team was still seated in amazement at the decision of his members. He stood up and with a shaky voice clouded with fear, he encouraged everyone to trust God for restoration and healing. Everyone knew he spoke with the last strength and faith he had. I wished that day never came.
We took up courage from our leader and started worshipping, though it was more of a weeping worship, we continued till we had no strength to sing, at a point everyone slept off. We were all awoken by the leader of the prayer team, he shared the word of God with us and assured us that God’s word will never fall to the ground.
That was a boost, this time we did not just worshipped we made intercession, we reminded God of His promises, we made demands in Jesus’ name, proclaiming victory even when it didn’t look like it, we called forth things that be not as though they were. As we prayed, everyone was energized, faith was rising, strength was restored, we felt the peace of the Lord amidst us.

At the intensive care unit, one of the nurse noticed Annie's subtle movement on the bed, she informed other nurses around but they gave no positive reply because they felt it was over.
Within few minutes there was a movement on the bed again, this time it was continuous, everyone called out for the doctor. Annie was vibrating on the bed, we all thought she was finally jerking to death, her parents tried to enter the room to at least hold her hands before she finally leaves this world, but they were restricted by the nurses.
Annie’s mum couldn’t hold her tears, we all wept while whispering the name, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus.
The doctor and nurses were trying to calm Annie, at a point there was silence in the room, we went close to the door and we heard whispers. We heard them saying, "she has a pulse, she has a pulse, her eyes are open already" , that was all. We could hear the beeping sound of the machine signifying that she’s breathing.
That was all we needed, we raised our voices again in worship, not minding the fact that it was a hospital. With our eyes soaked with tears, we rained praises and adoration to the One who never abandoned us in our state of grief. Our voices went down as soon as the doctor came out and asked that Annie’s parents go in and see their daughter. I looked through the transparent glass and I saw Annie smiling already like someone who was never in a coma. Her parents hugged her tightly and praised God together.
Our prayer team leader via a text message, communicated the great news to other members that had earlier left. Within few minutes, they returned in the same order they had left.
What was meant for sorrow was turned to joy.

#Fiction
© Kevin Ihechimere Kevin
If you need premium write-ups, I'm here for you.
Re: You Will Shed Tears After Reading This Story by God1000(m): 7:20am On Apr 24, 2022
But on a serious note, do you guys believe in faith healing?
Re: You Will Shed Tears After Reading This Story by Healfastijn(f): 7:28am On Apr 24, 2022
I believe in miracles, i also believe that God knows all. I just hate the suffering and pains which some of us go through believing in God for perfect healing but yet no positive response. All I'm asking and praying for is to make heaven after all these pains and sufferings.
Re: You Will Shed Tears After Reading This Story by Chimere1(m): 7:38am On Apr 24, 2022
Healfastijn:
I believe in miracles, i also believe that God knows all. I just hate the suffering and pains which some of us go through believing in God for perfect healing but yet no positive response. All I'm asking and praying for is to make heaven after all these pains and sufferings.

God will always come through for you.
You'll survive every bad occurrence, and at the end , you'll make heaven.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Paul Wrote Romans But A Man Claimed He Did..copied / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 06/05/2022 / What Does It Mean To Meditate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.