Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,657 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) (3003 Views)

JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy / I Regret Finishing My Phd At 26 / I Made A Third Class Now I Have An Msc About To Apply For My Phd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by malikombi(m): 8:29am On Apr 25, 2022
I'm presently 32 years old and was employed in one of the public universities in northern Nigeria. I started in late 2018.
I had a challenge that made me collect a loan with unity bank last year and I'm still paying them gradually.
Salaries was suspended due to ASUU strike and this made life so difficult and even hard to feed. My PhD admission in lautech is in Jeopardy. I believe so much in this forum and I knew I could get help if I cry out. I needed help to keep my family afloat and also pursue this PhD program while this ASUU struggle lasted.
I have always been good to my students and I hope and pray I get financial assistance here.
I had to borrow from migo to pay for this PhD form with the hope that salary will come but unfortunately, it hasn't.
Any/every evidence to support my claim is available on request. Thank you.
Gtbank

3 Likes

Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 25, 2022
A lecturer seeking for tuition fees?

I'm surprised.

15 Likes

Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by malikombi(m): 11:45am On Apr 25, 2022
[quote author=Miracood2 post=112255337]A lecturer seeking for tuition fees?

I'm surprised.[/quote
If I tell you what many of us are going through, you won't believe.
We have been reduced to almost nothing.
The day my HOD show me his payslip, I shook my head but there's nothing we can do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by JOACHINpedro: 12:31pm On Apr 25, 2022
And na my fellow eminent.
I wish you well
Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by ProfGday(m): 1:01pm On Apr 25, 2022
Begging won't do anything for you my friend... If anybody help you pay your tuition fees today how about next semester? Or do you pay per session?

Try and safe yourself the stress of ridiculing your self esteem through begging online...

Think about what you can do to stay afloat... You can take up driving uber or okada to salvage ur present situation.

Swallow ur pride and do something about your career.

Get multiple stream of income.. You can organise tutorial centre in your location,stop planing with your salary or you would be left frustrated.
Goodluck

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by yuping(m): 1:23pm On Apr 25, 2022
undecided this Nigeria na him person say make I believe in, spit small money I get like this Japa.
Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by malikombi(m): 1:34pm On Apr 25, 2022
ProfGday:
Begging won't do anything for you my friend... If anybody help you pay your tuition fees today how about next semester? Or do you pay per session?

Try and safe yourself the stress of ridiculing your self esteem through begging online...

Think about what you can do to stay afloat... You can take up driving uber or okada to salvage ur present situation.

Swallow ur pride and do something about your career.

Get multiple stream of income.. You can organise tutorial centre in your location,stop planing with your salary or you would be left frustrated.
Goodluck
Thank you for your advice. I've actually done everything humanly possible to have streams of income but it's not yielding.
I just have to start first as I'm eligible to get some money from my school to assist the program but it would only come after about a year.
I'm not a car owner and can't do Uber. Besides, all those online transport business is not in place here. I've visited more than 20 private school here to work as an associate staff but everyone of them seems managing.
I'm very young, agile and hardworking. If you have any extra job or ideas that can fetch me money, I'll surely do. It's not my joy to do this here. I have to swallow my pride

1 Like

Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by Damikjay(m): 2:25pm On Apr 25, 2022
Nobody will help you.

There are a lot of scammers ooo.
Please beware
Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by id4sho(m): 3:55pm On Apr 25, 2022
Rush rush, wetin dey pursue you.
Wait for TETFUND scholarship

3 Likes

Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by Isokoboy(m): 4:08pm On Apr 25, 2022
I really understand ... I am presently rounding up my master and I never pay school fees... completely....Thank God for the strike... I don't know what I would have done

1 Like

Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by Eben91: 5:00pm On Apr 25, 2022
Me wea been de reason to go do masters for unilag, I no do again since masters degree is useless to a lecture, make I kuku focus on my business.

2 Likes

Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by DeeOne98(m): 5:32pm On Apr 25, 2022
Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by malikombi(m): 6:03pm On Apr 25, 2022
id4sho:
Rush rush, wetin dey pursue you.
Wait for TETFUND scholarship
It takes forever. Even the local fellowship takes more than a year after you've started. That's why I needed a push to register this local fellowship first.

2 Likes

Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by MONEY247: 6:12pm On Apr 25, 2022
Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by Charmingrascal(m): 7:53pm On Apr 25, 2022
Na PhD you dey do some never even get money for Degree.

1 Like

Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by Harrykn: 7:59pm On Apr 25, 2022
Arise and shine....
Go fund me.
Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by FatherCHRISTMAS: 8:47pm On Apr 25, 2022
Miracood2:
A lecturer seeking for tuition fees?

I'm surprised.

Life

1 Like

Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by JoyousFurnitire(m): 8:57pm On Apr 25, 2022
It is well.

Go to Twitter

1 Like

Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by duduade: 10:31pm On Apr 25, 2022
JoyousFurnitire:
It is well.

Go to Twitter

Exactly what I wanted to type

OP won't get encouraged here

Please post on Twitter

1 Like

Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by sunnx(f): 11:01pm On Apr 25, 2022
Damikjay:
Nobody will help you.

There are a lot of scammers ooo.
Please beware

Everyone isn't a scammer, this such problem made me quit my Master Degree in Unilag years passed because of financial constraints as I shamelessly allow the programme go.

Getting admission and allowing it split out of you after taken many lectures and bought books while exam approaching no yet tuition fees not forthcoming, loan is there and salary not coming soonest isn't so easy I understood what this person passing through but many of Nigerians now are at the mercy of God to survive even the rich also crying.

1 Like

Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by edogu(m): 11:03pm On Apr 25, 2022
malikombi:
I'm presently 32 years old and was employed in one of the public universities in northern Nigeria. I started in late 2018.
I had a challenge that made me collect a loan with unity bank last year and I'm still paying them gradually.
Salaries was suspended due to ASUU strike and this made life so difficult and even hard to feed. My PhD admission in lautech is in Jeopardy. I believe so much in this forum and I knew I could get help if I cry out. I needed help to keep my family afloat and also pursue this PhD program while this ASUU struggle lasted.
I have always been good to my students and I hope and pray I get financial assistance here.
I had to borrow from migo to pay for this PhD form with the hope that salary will come but unfortunately, it hasn't.
Any/every evidence to support my claim is available on request. Thank you.
Gtbank
While waiting for the strike to be called off, why don't you find a nearby school where you can teach. Don't your union have a coping strategy?

1 Like

Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by malikombi(m): 5:36am On Apr 26, 2022
edogu:

While waiting for the strike to be called off, why don't you find a nearby school where you can teach. Don't your union have a coping strategy?
All the schools are in holiday presently. I've tried almost every school I knew before they went on break. No information regarding Coping strategy yet
Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by edogu(m): 5:55am On Apr 26, 2022
malikombi:

All the schools are in holiday presently. I've tried almost every school I knew before they went on break. No information regarding Coping strategy yet
Be patient, school will soon reopen. Just submitted an application to one school close to me. I'm going through the same rough patches like. Do you attend union Congress. It's by attending such congresses that you know if there’s coping strategy. It's well my bro. God definitely will make way for you. You can as well organise lessons for students or place advert with your number on it. Hopefully, you might find a family that wants you to tutor their kids. Gracia.
Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by Mrlloyd: 6:24am On Apr 26, 2022
What’s the point of taking the program with no guarantee of a good job after completion? If your HOD doesn’t have enough money how do you think you’ll live well by becoming a full staff of the university?

This the thing I keep saying, after bachelors, if you have no guarantee from academia, no need furthering anything. If someone gave you 100k and you aren’t in you PHD, you can start a small dropshipping business or even buy some courses you can learn and monetize, but now you’ll use it to pay fees then when you graduate, you can’t still live large because even HOD is poor.
Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by malikombi(m): 9:41am On Apr 26, 2022
edogu:

Be patient, school will soon reopen. Just submitted an application to one school close to me. I'm going through the same rough patches like. Do you attend union Congress. It's by attending such congresses that you know if there’s coping strategy. It's well my bro. God definitely will make way for you. You can as well organise lessons for students or place advert with your number on it. Hopefully, you might find a family that wants you to tutor their kids. Gracia.
Thank you bro. I really appreciate your kind words and advice
Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by malikombi(m): 9:43am On Apr 26, 2022
Mrlloyd:
What’s the point of taking the program with no guarantee of a good job after completion? If your HOD doesn’t have enough money how do you think you’ll live well by becoming a full staff of the university?

This the thing I keep saying, after bachelors, if you have no guarantee from academia, no need furthering anything. If someone gave you 100k and you aren’t in you PHD, you can start a small dropshipping business or even buy some courses you can learn and monetize, but now you’ll use it to pay fees then when you graduate, you can’t still live large because even HOD is poor.
HOD is not actually poor. He only told me he's servicing a loan and what is left for him is not quite encouraging
Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by Paulheyman: 10:53am On Apr 26, 2022
According to the uncertainty principle, you cannot measure position and momentum with same precision; it's either precision in position increases while that of momentum decreases. So, you should've understood earlier that getting married and pursing a PG is very difficult, I even wonder how you guys do it; possibly you've kids too. I got my PhD at 30 not long ago, I know how stressful and financially demanding it was, talk of someone who is married with kids. My major concern is, as a married man, no matter how much people give to you, your family comes first. So, you have to take care of your wife and kids before considering the PhD self.

My point: Be rest assured that your PhD will delay based on fund and time. So, don't bother yourself much about leaving school early rather focus on taking it one step at a time so you don't get depressed and possibly suffer from high blood pressure (your wife don't wanna be a widow neither do your kids wanna be orphans). And during the PhD acquire some sellable skills that can provide for you outside lecturing. You can as a matter of urgency explore and exploit your university for opportunities.

My Observations: During my PhD journey, most of the married ones amongst us did their PhD in more than 10 years, I guess family comes with its own wahala. So, some will drop out of PhD, comeback and continue from where they stopped, some even start afresh.

Your Testimony: You should be grateful that you at 32 years already have a job, a wife and kids. Me I only have a PhD, no job, no wife, no child yet.

Summary: God will provide. You're not in competition with anyone. You're blessed already, let your family be your major consolation. PhD will come and go but your family remains

Congratulations Dr

2 Likes

Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by malikombi(m): 11:50am On Apr 26, 2022
Paulheyman:
According to the uncertainty principle, you cannot measure position and momentum with same precision; it's either precision in position increases while that of momentum decreases. So, you should've understood earlier that getting married and pursing a PG is very difficult, I even wonder how you guys do it; possibly you've kids too. I got my PhD at 30 not long ago, I know how stressful and financially demanding it was, talk of someone who is married with kids. My major concern is, as a married man, no matter how much people give to you, your family comes first. So, you have to take care of your wife and kids before considering the PhD self.

My point: Be rest assured that your PhD will delay based on fund and time. So, don't bother yourself much about leaving school early rather focus on taking it one step at a time so you don't get depressed and possibly suffer from high blood pressure (your wife don't wanna be a widow neither do your kids wanna be orphans). And during the PhD acquire some sellable skills that can provide for you outside lecturing. You can as a matter of urgency explore and exploit your university for opportunities.

My Observations: During my PhD journey, most of the married ones amongst us did their PhD in more than 10 years, I guess family comes with its own wahala. So, some will drop out of PhD, comeback and continue from where they stopped, some even start afresh.

Your Testimony: You should be grateful that you at 32 years already have a job, a wife and kids. Me I only have a PhD, no job, no wife, no child yet.

Summary: God will provide. You're not in competition with anyone. You're blessed already, let your family be your major consolation. PhD will come and go but your family remains

Congratulations Dr
Thank you Dr for this input. I deeply understand the message but the reason I have to pursue this is because I'm already in the line of trade. You know as a lecturer, you won't move ahead without higher degree and publication.
I will keep pushing. Thank you
Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by Jodasy: 11:59am On Apr 26, 2022
:07am On Apr 25
Good morning gurus in the house. Please I need a professional advice on this. I have been planning to go for a masters degree in GEOGRAPHY with options in the following areas ÷÷÷÷
(a) Environmental management
(b) Geomorphology
(c) Regional Development Planning
(d) Rural development and Resources Management
(e) Biogeography
(f) Transportation
So, I am confused as to the option to pick. Which of these options is more lucrative?
I plan going for a lecturing job in future after my Doctorate degree.
Which of these also can fetch me good money outside lecturing?
Please your professional advice is needed. Thank you all as I look forward to getting positive responses from you guys
Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by Jodasy: 12:00pm On Apr 26, 2022
Good morning gurus in the house. Please I need a professional advice on this. I have been planning to go for a maskters degree in GEOGRAPHY with options in the following areas ÷÷÷÷
(b) Geomorphology
(e) Biogeography
(f) Transportation
So, I am confused as to the option to pick. Which of these options is more lucrative?
Please your professional advice is needed. Thank you all as I look forward to getting positive responses from you guys
Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by Paulheyman: 12:22pm On Apr 26, 2022
malikombi:

Thank you Dr for this input. I deeply understand the message but the reason I have to pursue this is because I'm already in the line of trade. You know as a lecturer, you won't move ahead without higher degree and publication.
I will keep pushing. Thank you

Dr. the aim is to keep moving forward. I don't just want you to be bothered or troubled. Just take it easy, the major thing in PhD is not how fast but how well. After the PhD, what's your contribution to knowledge? That's all that matters. So, growth is a gradual process, I believe in you and I know you'll get there. It's not everyone that can summon the courage to solicit for assistance in a public forum like this. One day your passion for academics will pay you well, so, till then don't forget to share your testimonies with us when it happens. For now I will advise that you focus on publishing while you wait for your PhD to mature. Try free journals mostly Scopus indexed, Tailor and Francis, WoS, Wiley etc.

Stay blessed Dr
Re: My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) by Paulheyman: 12:25pm On Apr 26, 2022
Jodasy:
Good morning gurus in the house. Please I need a professional advice on this. I have been planning to go for a maskters degree in GEOGRAPHY with options in the following areas ÷÷÷÷
(b) Geomorphology
(e) Biogeography
(f) Transportation

Why not create a thread for this? So we can all contribute

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Best WAEC Result For 2013.photo / Madonna University Want Me To Spill Over / Bayero University Kano(buk)pharmacy ASPIRANT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.