Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,387 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

This Is The House That You Must Never Ever Try To Rent In Iyana Oworonshoki - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / This Is The House That You Must Never Ever Try To Rent In Iyana Oworonshoki (574 Views)

Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos / Check Out "The Slice Of House" That Got Nigerians Laughing Hard / A $7.6m Dollar House That Looks Ordinary From The Outside(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is The House That You Must Never Ever Try To Rent In Iyana Oworonshoki by myibile20: 1:46pm On Apr 25, 2022
This is the house in question that is trending on twitter

https://www.nairaland.com/7094576/nigerians-warned-against-renting-house

Before i go on, i need to clarify that i am a Real Estate Consultant and i so i am speaking on this issues professionally because i know those buildings, taken few clients there personally as well as know the man one-ono-one very well!

Before going further, this is my personal experience.

I took only 3 clients to his 1st and 2nd building in Oworonshoki (then, i had no idea the kind of person he was or how bad the structure of buildings were internally since i wasnt staying in Oworonshoki) out of which only one made payment deposit. But unfortunately, his bank app was having network issues, so on meeting there at the apartment next day, he said he would balance up and get his receipt right there only for him to fully access the apartment inside out once again and saw something that needed correction by owner. The man stated flatly that he wont do such.

The tenant then stated that since owner wont do what was leaking in the apartment and requires owner fixing it, he wont go ahead to take the house and that he can refund his deposit. This Landlord stated to his face that his N100k was and non refundable.

The client being a lawyer, told him that by any means, he will ensure to get his money. He then filed a law case which is still in court up till now since early 2021!

First, the name of the man is Akindele 'Peti'. He used to be one Wasiu Ayinde Marshall biggest spender back in the days and so that one used to hype him very well. He also has such properties on the island and other locations.

He is notorious as hell. Tenants move out every week, every month and every year from his buildings and so he gets rent, agreement and agency almost every other weeks on those apartments (while he does cosmetic renovation inside those apartments every time a tenant moves out due to structural defects in those apartments which takes a very discerning person to know or notice before making payments) and there is absolutely what anyone or even government has ever done about it!

Parts of the building close to Oba's palace has more than 100 room self and Miniflats and that alone generate more than N50m yearly to his coffers. This building is already sinking at the rear because due to the foundation giving way as they were built on reclaimed land. If and when the building collapse because they sure will, it will be a huge calamity because there are more than 300 people living and squatting in those buildings. Typical Nigeria situation whereby government only react when unavoidable calamity would have happened that they now take 'action'

1 Like

Re: This Is The House That You Must Never Ever Try To Rent In Iyana Oworonshoki by Omihanifa: 2:19pm On Apr 25, 2022
This is really sad
Re: This Is The House That You Must Never Ever Try To Rent In Iyana Oworonshoki by rottable(m): 2:56pm On Apr 25, 2022
So sad. Our government won't be interested in this situation, since it is not election related
Re: This Is The House That You Must Never Ever Try To Rent In Iyana Oworonshoki by poshestmina(f): 3:49pm On Apr 25, 2022
It's funny how anyone can be so "untouchable" in this time and era.
"Strong man no dey last forever ,and na small thing dey kill them like fly" angry.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Legal To Build UNDERGROUND Houses In Nigeria / Property For Sale In Okota Lagos / 5 Plots Of Land In Magodo Phase 2.check Details Inside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.