Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

20s And 30s For The Sophisticated Man - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 20s And 30s For The Sophisticated Man (887 Views)

Young People Of 20s And 30s, Please Read This! / Older Nigerian Men How Did You Survive Nigeria In Your 20s / 7 Things You Should Learn To Do In Your 20s To Avoid Regrets In Your Later Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

20s And 30s For The Sophisticated Man by ExcelDBM: 2:58pm On Apr 25, 2022
Now you're already in your 20s or 30s and it's either you are about getting or already used to shouldering responsibilities (especially financial).

This stage is very very key to a worthy and worthwhile retirement.

Here are some factors to be considered for a near perfect youthful stage of your life.

1. If you have a long term goal and plans you have to achieve them: He who fails to plan has planned to fail.
You have to plan your life longterm by achieving short term goals which are in tandem with achieving your long term. However not all persons will suffer as a result of ignoring this factor.

2. Your family background or status: You must take into cognisance whether you're from a rich or poor home as it will go a long way in determining how hard you will need to hustle in order to be comfortable. If you are from a rich home, you will most likely already have a solid start and foundation unlike one from a poor home who will have to create a platform for himself to succeed.

Note: It'll be tougher if you are the first born for those from poor backgrounds as you'll need to support your younger ones till they have found their feet.

3. Your peers: This is a very vital factor. If your peers are treading the wrong path then it is most likely that you are following suit. If they are not talking investment, escaping 9-5 and so on then you have no business hanging around such people. However there are rare exceptions. You can't dream big yet rub shoulders with who has dream at all. Such peers will drag you backwards with their carefree attitude and nonchalance.

4. Your environment: Some places are bereft of opportunities while others are haven for mouthwatering opportunities because an example like the former will be a great hindrance to your climbing the ladder of success. When you realise your environment has little or nothing to offer you, it's best to change environment.

5. Spouse or relationship: It is normal to be in a relationship or married at this stage but who you're dating or married will make or mar you to a larger extent. A lady with an extravagant lifestyle yet lazy is a no go area as no matter hardworking you are, you will barely encounter persistent productivity and significant attainment as you will be pouring coins into a bag full of holes. Worse if you are a mugu money spender because some so-called womanisers are frugal too.

6. Possible family size: If you don't plan your family size then get ready for palaver in your later years as inability to cater for them will be a burden too heavy for you to bear. Know that many children means more bills for you to foot and you dare not fail in this aspect as the consequences will be grave.

7. Your spending habit: If you are the type that is eager to spend money at the slightest opportunity (mostly on frivolities) then you are in trouble already as you will find yourself always broke and indebted because you are living above your means. It is best to save as much as possible before you spend (mostly on necessaries)

I think these are the basics but feel free to add yours and please pardon any typos.

Please move to front page

Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique
Justwise
Rocktation
Farano

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20s And 30s For The Sophisticated Man by ibechris(m): 4:07pm On Apr 25, 2022
This post may not find relevance because majority of Nigerian youths are gambling away their destiny,many are into drugs,cultism and occultism,hookups for money,Internet fraud and many more.

The responsible ones will read and understand but the rest will over look it as Buhari is the cause of all Nigerian problems.

6 Likes

Re: 20s And 30s For The Sophisticated Man by Threesha(f): 7:25pm On Apr 25, 2022
wink
ibechris:
This post may not find relevance because majority of Nigerian youths are gambling away their destiny,many are into drugs,cultism and occultism,hookups for money,Internet fraud and many more.

The responsible ones will read and understand but the rest will over look it as Buhari is the cause of all Nigerian problems.
Re: 20s And 30s For The Sophisticated Man by ExcelDBM: 7:56pm On Apr 25, 2022
ibechris:

You're right Sir
Re: 20s And 30s For The Sophisticated Man by SeaTrade(m): 10:23pm On Apr 25, 2022
As for your number 5,avoid all flamboyant women,whether hardworking,lazy,rich or poor.
At the end of the day ,their superficiality,classism ,taste ,sophistication and wanting to belong will alter your reality, modesty and of course your spending.
As one grows and get to understand reality and is no longer excited over meaningless ,unrealistic luxury,one begin to understand the ancient concept of marrying poor,groomable young girls and mould to shape according to one's taste and finances was never wrong.
Most women who've already given themselves some certain standards can only be domesticated by old money bag,peaked out men.These ain't terrain for young guys still building their dreams.
And honestly,this is why men avoid these women and I find it hard to blame them .

3 Likes

Re: 20s And 30s For The Sophisticated Man by DontBullshitMe: 11:53am On Apr 26, 2022
SeaTrade:
As for your number 5,avoid all flamboyant women,whether hardworking,lazy,rich or poor.
At the end of the day ,their superficiality,classism ,taste ,sophistication and wanting to belong will alter your reality, modesty and of course your spending.
As one grows and get to understand reality and is no longer excited over meaningless ,unrealistic luxury,one begin to understand the ancient concept of marrying poor,groomable young girls and mould to shape according to one's taste and finances was never wrong.
Most women who've already given themselves some certain standards can only be domesticated by old money bag,peaked out men.These ain't terrain for young guys still building their dreams.
And honestly,this is why men avoid these women and I find it hard to blame them .
100% on point, as always.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20s And 30s For The Sophisticated Man by SeaTrade(m): 12:31pm On Apr 26, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

100% on point, as always.
Too much experience in these things brotherly.
There's this lady I work with,big girl by all ramifications.
So we suppose go on a trip together for work and we were the last two people to leave for that work trip as every other person don go.
We suppose go in the same vehicle according to plan from my partners she work for,but however since we were late for schedule as arranged by my partners,every other expenses we incur while waiting for logistic arrangements will be born by us since my partners don already provide the first ones we missed but we no use am due to lateness.
So she called me and said since as we dey go together ,say make we stay same hotel so that logistics go dey easier and to avoid chances for another mixup.
I say no wahala,go ahead and book.Na there I Bleep up thinking say na me and human being dey talk.
Na so this girl go land me 4 nights for 5 star hotel for VI ooo,pay already ,sent me the details and bill so I can refund her shocked shocked
To her na normal thing,but to me street hustler it means a lot since I know I can have similar services for way cheaper and we didn't grow by spending carelessly.
The thing pain me ehn! angry
Now imagine someone dating this kind of person up to the point of marriage?you'll find out all your resources will be expended on catching up to someone's unrealistic,classist lifestyle for pointless reasons.
Since then I stopped being friendly with her because even before then I be don dey reason to enter the girl but I just run abeg.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20s And 30s For The Sophisticated Man by DontBullshitMe: 12:53pm On Apr 26, 2022
SeaTrade:
So we suppose go on a trip together for work and we were the last two people to leave for that work trip as every other person don go.
We suppose go in the same vehicle according to plan from my partners she work for,but however since we were late for schedule as arranged by my partners,every other expenses we incur while waiting for logistic arrangements will be born by us since my partners don already provide the first ones we missed but we no use am due to lateness.
So she called me and said since as we dey go together ,say make we stay same hotel so that logistics go dey easier and to avoid chances for another mixup.
I say no wahala,go ahead and book.Na there I Bleep up thinking say na me and human being dey talk.
Na so this girl go land me 4 nights for 5 star hotel for VI ooo,pay already ,sent me the details and bill so I can refund her shocked shocked
To her na normal thing,but to me street hustler it means a lot since I know I can have similar services for way cheaper and we didn't grow by spending carelessly.
Now imagine someone dating this kind of person up to the point of marriage?you'll find out all your resources will be expended on catching up to someone's unrealistic,classist lifestyle for pointless reasons.
Since then I stopped being friendly with her because even before then I be don dey reason to enter the girl but I just run abeg.
grin grin grin

Thank God say you distance yourself from that leech. cheesy
Re: 20s And 30s For The Sophisticated Man by SeaTrade(m): 1:03pm On Apr 26, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

grin grin grin

Thank God say you distance yourself from that leech. cheesy

Omo them no dey tell person.
I don't think she's a leech sha but na all these girls weh dey like to overvalue themselves,because I don't see what somebody in her income bracket is doing in a five star hotel on her personal expense.
When you ask them ,them go play the Nigeria is not safe bla bla bla as excuse,
Who want kidnap you before? undecided
Whether they think kidnappers go around to pick just about anybody is what I don't understand.

3 Likes

Re: 20s And 30s For The Sophisticated Man by ExcelDBM: 3:30pm On Apr 26, 2022
SeaTrade:

Spot on!
Re: 20s And 30s For The Sophisticated Man by ExcelDBM: 3:32pm On Apr 26, 2022
SeaTrade:

As in ehnn...
Re: 20s And 30s For The Sophisticated Man by Tranquility2345: 6:53pm On Apr 27, 2022
SeaTrade:

Snap a picture of your room key in its jacket that says Lagos Continental Hotel or I don’t believe …. undecided

2 Likes

Re: 20s And 30s For The Sophisticated Man by Winnerly: 7:15pm On Apr 27, 2022
Tranquility2345:

Snap a picture of your room key in its jacket that says Lagos Continental Hotel or I don’t believe …. undecided

That guy thinks he is talking to kids here grin grin
Re: 20s And 30s For The Sophisticated Man by SeaTrade(m): 7:34pm On Apr 27, 2022
Tranquility2345:

undecided
Whether you're convinced or not,I wouldn't care.
And I never said I was still there ,airhead.

1 Like

Re: 20s And 30s For The Sophisticated Man by Winnerly: 1:01pm On Apr 28, 2022
Tranquility2345:

You must be a kid. How can he do that
Re: 20s And 30s For The Sophisticated Man by seanwilliam(m): 11:25pm On May 03, 2022
SeaTrade:

Hmm.. 100%
Re: 20s And 30s For The Sophisticated Man by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 04, 2022
SeaTrade:

I read your post & I laugh, you're actually right with this statement. I can't even lie reading this post.

The issue with living a best honourable life is admitting to women that you aren't capable of some particular type of flex, you must remove shame from every part of your being regarding finance because that is where It starts from. You alone knows how you work for your money, so you shouldn't be comparing yourself with a lady or a guy that is booking a room at Oriental or 4 Point, fingers are not equal and don't be ashamed to state it.

Too much prudence might make your life boring but an extravagant life will send you to the trenches, at the end you need balance.

(1) (Reply)

Morison Season's Cash Giveaway Promo Is Here!!! / I Can't Thank God Enough. / Home Coaching Jss3 Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.