Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,385 members, 7,819,394 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know (1980 Views)

Lai Mohammed: All 12 Super Tucano Fighter Jets Have Been Deployed To The NE / Second Bach Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Depart US For Nigeria / Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by HardMirror(m): 6:15pm On Apr 25, 2022
For years now, the news media, the military and the Nigeria government has been referring to the Embraer EMB 314 Super Tucano fighter aircrafts as JETs.

This is an exaggeration and misinformation that has gone on for years, perhaps in order to hype the purchase of these light fighter planes as I do not believe that our Airforce does not know that the Super Tucanos are not Jets.

JETS are aircrafts that use jet engines for propulsion.

The Embraer EMB 314 Super Tucano is a Turbo Prop PROPELLER aircraft.

What is the difference?
Being a propeller powered aircraft, it is slow and only has a maximum speed of about 520km per hour which makes it susceptible to Surface to Air Missiles (SAMs)

Also has lacks the maneuverability of jets

Has lower payload capabilities.

Regardless of these down sides, if put to good use, the Nigerian Airforce can use them to turn the tables on terrorists hiding in our forests.

But they should please stop decieving the public that they are buying Jets, Embraer EMB 314 Super Tucano are propeller planes not Jets

Femi Adesina

Garba Sehu

Nigerian Airforce

And all media houses

Should please make neccessary corrections when next they are referring to these fighter planes

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by HardMirror(m): 6:20pm On Apr 25, 2022
This is the Embraer EMB 314 Super Tucano

You can see the propellers on the nose. Jets dont have propellers

6 Likes

Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by HardMirror(m): 6:21pm On Apr 25, 2022
This is an example of a fighter jet. Notice it has no propellers instead uses jet engines

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by Mayng01(m): 6:23pm On Apr 25, 2022
Gullible government. Very educative. Well done op.

14 Likes

Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by illicit(m): 6:29pm On Apr 25, 2022
HardMirror:
This is an example of a fighter jet. Notice it has no propellers instead uses jet engines

The difference is now clear

10 Likes

Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by HardMirror(m): 6:29pm On Apr 25, 2022
Mayng01:
Gullible government. Very educative. Well done op.
thanks.
Seun, mynd44, lalasticlala, Dominique should please note this too anytime pushing news about the super tucanos to front page.

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by LibertyRep: 6:29pm On Apr 25, 2022
Thanks for the clarification.

But then, majority of us do not really care what the name is, what we want is for the job to be done.

Give it to the terrorists as e dey hot quick quick!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by HardMirror(m): 6:32pm On Apr 25, 2022
LibertyRep:
Thanks for the clarification.

But then, majority of us do not really care what the name is, what we want is for the job to be done.

Give it to the terrorists as e dey hot quick quick!
the name is important.
Jets are far ahead of propeller planes.

The Nigerian Airforce cannot tell us they dont know the Tucano are not jets. Hence there must be an agenda for them to be misleading the public that they are buying jets

Not that the Tucano cannot do a good job, but the misinformation is not needed

11 Likes

Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by tsdarkside(m): 6:38pm On Apr 25, 2022
wetin even consighn you what people call their stuffs....??
Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by tsdarkside(m): 6:39pm On Apr 25, 2022
if they wan call it a space shuttle,soo be it....
shey na your headache....??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by HardMirror(m): 6:55pm On Apr 25, 2022
tsdarkside:
if they wan call it a space shuttle,soo be it....
shey na your headache....??
yes it is my headache.

9 Likes

Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by tsdarkside(m): 6:56pm On Apr 25, 2022
HardMirror:
yes it is my headache.

why....??

1 Like

Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 25, 2022
You are really expecting much from the shitbags in the military and govt if you think they know the difference.

2 Likes

Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 25, 2022
tsdarkside:
wetin even consighn you what people call their stuffs....??

It's unfortunate you hate learning.

4 Likes

Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by tsdarkside(m): 7:31pm On Apr 25, 2022
Thanksful:

It's unfortunate you hate learning.

what does it matter....the freakin thing is workin,soo what....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by solexyy: 7:50pm On Apr 25, 2022
NA AS WE SIT DOWN NA IM THESE GOVERNMENT DEY SNAP US O. I WONER WETIN DEM DEY TELL ABOKI DEM 4 NORTH?
Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by OldNairalander(m): 7:55pm On Apr 25, 2022
WW11 relics embarassed
Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by HardMirror(m): 8:06pm On Apr 25, 2022
tsdarkside:

what does it matter....the freakin thing is workin,soo what....
are they jets?

2 Likes

Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by HardMirror(m): 8:07pm On Apr 25, 2022
solexyy:
NA AS WE SIT DOWN NA IM THESE GOVERNMENT DEY SNAP US O. I WONER WETIN DEM DEY TELL ABOKI DEM 4 NORTH?
obviously playing on our intelligence and it is funny some people do not see any problem with this

2 Likes

Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by CaptainStephen(m): 8:37pm On Apr 25, 2022
We know they are not jets, however they suit well for ground attack and can track well with a high loitering time.

A commander on the ground like me would take this over fast jets anytime anyday alongside helicopters.

4 Likes

Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by CaptainStephen(m): 8:37pm On Apr 25, 2022
HardMirror:
obviously playing on our intelligence and it is funny some people do not see any problem with this
it's just ignorance from them.
Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by tsdarkside(m): 8:39pm On Apr 25, 2022
HardMirror:
are they jets?

chai....

no,they are flying boats....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by HardMirror(m): 8:41pm On Apr 25, 2022
CaptainStephen:
We know they are not jets, however they suit well for ground attack and can track well with a high loitering time.

A commander on the ground like me would take this over fast jets anytime anyday alongside helicopters.

I have no problem with the tucanos, my problem is with the government calling them jets. Of cause they have their advantages too and I agree with your points. Let's just call them what they are

2 Likes

Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by tsdarkside(m): 8:44pm On Apr 25, 2022
HardMirror:
I have no problem with the tucanos, my problem is with the government calling them jets. Of cause they have their advantages too and I agree with your points. Let's just call them what they are

you try too hard and end up soundin silly....ofcourse we know that they are not what is known internationaly as jets....

the airbitchh is flying....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by silverlinen(m): 9:01pm On Apr 25, 2022
Damn...our leaders just dey play us home and away every time.
No wonder they wouldn't invest in education cos they know most of their so called development are sub par.
OP you don do well....abeg make Chief of air staff and Chief of Defense con see oo.

2 Likes

Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by SlayerForever: 9:04pm On Apr 25, 2022
Zombies don't know of course. And they don't care to know.

2 Likes

Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by tsdarkside(m): 9:13pm On Apr 25, 2022
SlayerForever:
Zombies don't know of course. And they don't care to know.

shattapu your dirty ipob mouth their....anu mkpama....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by Simeon88(m): 9:59pm On Apr 25, 2022
Good to know...we learn every day. Let them just do something about the growing army of almajiri if not they will need more than the super tucano in some years to come. A word is enough to the wise.
~peace

1 Like

Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by Kingsasian(m): 10:13pm On Apr 25, 2022
Op is right. In short I don't see the super tucano plane as a fighter plane. I was at the NAF base in Yola January this year when I saw the NAF Alpha jet took off and was admiring its agility then 30secs later I saw the super tucano taking off, very loud and extremely slow, mehn I just developed hatred for that thing.

2 Likes

Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by SpatialKing(m): 10:22pm On Apr 25, 2022
So true
One was used during the World 1, 2 n 3
While the other is the true modern fighter jet
Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by CaptainStephen(m): 10:28pm On Apr 25, 2022
HardMirror:
I blame ignorance on their part.

The average person doesn't keep tabs to know which is which.
Re: Correction! Super Tucano Fighter Aircrafts Are NOT Jets, What You Should Know by drmuchin: 10:43pm On Apr 25, 2022
CaptainStephen:

Are they not targets for AA fire?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Support Group Dumps PDP Presidential Candidate, Endorses Obi / Zambia Elected A Social Media President; The Result / Major Reason Why 25% Of The Abuja Votes Is Compulsory.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.