Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,168 members, 7,953,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:05 PM

BREAKING: Gunshots As Police, NSCDC Officers Clash At Headquarters In Imo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Gunshots As Police, NSCDC Officers Clash At Headquarters In Imo (703 Views)

DSS Probes Officers Clash With Warders Over Emefiele / ASP Abion Hezikel Stabbed To Death As Naval, Police Officers Clash In Lagos / Sanusi Living 'Like A Prisoner' In Nasarawa, Police, NSCDC Deny Visitors Access (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Gunshots As Police, NSCDC Officers Clash At Headquarters In Imo by Traplord09: 6:36am On Apr 26, 2022
There is palpable tension along Okigwe road in Imo State after sounds of gunshots rented the air at the state’s headquarters of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC) on Monday evening.

The Okigwe road, which is a major route that connects Owerri to the Imo state University and other major communities in the state, was deserted at about 5:45 pm on Monday.

Commuters and passersby had scampered for safety following an alleged exchange of gunfire by police officers and men of the NSCDC.

An eyewitness told THE WHISTLER on the condition of anonymity that the gunshots lasted for more than 30 minutes.

“Oga, it’s a faceoff between the police and Civil Defense.

“I heard that the Civil Defence guys mistakenly beat up the new police commissioner and his men came there for a revenge mission.

“I feared for my life and that of my customers as we all laid flat on the floor for what looked like eternity.”

An NSCDC source confirmed to our correspondent that the police attacked the NSCDC headquarters but could not provide details.

Re: BREAKING: Gunshots As Police, NSCDC Officers Clash At Headquarters In Imo by MadamVanessa(f): 6:36am On Apr 26, 2022
shocked

Always clashing in south East but can't do jack in north. Idiotic cowards.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Gunshots As Police, NSCDC Officers Clash At Headquarters In Imo by SmartProf(m): 6:37am On Apr 26, 2022
The only difference between unknown gunmen, criminals, and our security agents is that our security agents are monthly salary earners.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Gunshots As Police, NSCDC Officers Clash At Headquarters In Imo by HellAnus: 6:51am On Apr 26, 2022
They should all kill themselves. That's the prayer of the average patriotic Nigerian out there

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Gunshots As Police, NSCDC Officers Clash At Headquarters In Imo by AntiBMC(m): 6:55am On Apr 26, 2022
Ewwee...Animal farm no reach this one. Banana Republic ought to be this country's second alias.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Gunshots As Police, NSCDC Officers Clash At Headquarters In Imo by obinnajohnson: 7:07am On Apr 26, 2022
It's only in the South East that Nigeria security agents know how to show their power.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Gunshots As Police, NSCDC Officers Clash At Headquarters In Imo by chigoziri2403(m): 7:27am On Apr 26, 2022
Wasting firepower that should be used for bandits and gunmen unknown
Two gun carrying security agencies embarrassing the nation,
This is the height of indiscipline

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Gunshots As Police, NSCDC Officers Clash At Headquarters In Imo by dnawah(m): 7:28am On Apr 26, 2022
obinnajohnson:
It's only in the South East that Nigeria security agents know how to show their power.
u don come now! Is it their work to go to sambisa? grin
Re: BREAKING: Gunshots As Police, NSCDC Officers Clash At Headquarters In Imo by nzeobi(m): 7:29am On Apr 26, 2022
Our security agents are poorly trained and sometimes they behave like touts
Re: BREAKING: Gunshots As Police, NSCDC Officers Clash At Headquarters In Imo by Peterosky(m): 8:50am On Apr 26, 2022
What a bomb shell! this story is incomplete. What did the police commissioner do that earned him beatings from the Civil Defenders? Because I don't think the civil defence officers will be that stupid to just beat up a police commissioner without a cause. Possibly,he refused to identify himself untop fuckup. Thank God my crush, Madamvsnessa was here.

(1) (Reply)

The Pst. Olaniyan's Take Osinbajo Presidential Ambition Saga -my Take / Why Are Tinubu Dogs Not Attacking Lawan? / Tinubu, Osinbajo, Others Arrive Presidential Villa For Meeting With Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.