Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,889 members, 7,824,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Tigres UANL Striker Uchenna Kanu Becomes First Nigerian To Play In Mexico. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tigres UANL Striker Uchenna Kanu Becomes First Nigerian To Play In Mexico. (131 Views)

Abia Uchenna Alexandro And Eboh Kenneth Chinedu Arrive Nigeria (Photos) / Professor Sophie Oluwole Is Dead (First Nigerian Female Phd Holder In Philosophy / Meet Dehlia Umunna, The First Nigerian Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tigres UANL Striker Uchenna Kanu Becomes First Nigerian To Play In Mexico. by 9jacodedgist(m): 9:02am On Apr 26, 2022
The Nigerian Striker Uchenna Kanu Becomes the first Nigerian woman and first African after joining Tigres UANL following a rule change to allow the signing of non-Mexicans.
"I'm honoured, coming to Mexico is been great and the people here are nice, not just the teammates, not the club but the whole city, the fans" says the Mexican Liga MX Femenil striker to CAFOnline.com.
The 24 years old footballer said "As the first Nigerian and African to play in Mexico is huge, a stepping stone and opening the door for other Nigerians and Africans to join. Just putting the name of Nigeria on the map positively, it's been great and I am grateful for the opportunity."
Right here, it's totally different, the league is competitive, and the players are professional. I like it here. Being the first African and Nigerian to play here, I hope my former teammates and fellow Africans from back home can join the league and just help build and grow it more.
Six months after her graduation with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Sports Management at Sevilla in January 2020, she left for Sweden where she made a major progress in her career, scoring 22 goals in 42 games for Linkopings before her big-money switch to the fast-growing Liga MX.
"I'm just focused on getting better, learning about cultures, the pattern played here and making friends. It's been great in Sweden, in Spain and here now in Mexico and I'm prepared to keep going forward

(1) (Reply)

Sokoto State University (SSU) Gets New Vice Chancellor / Data Science Certification / Utrecht Excellence Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.