Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,884 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:53 AM

The Original CBN Act Says "Non-Interest Banking" Not "Islamic Banking" - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Original CBN Act Says "Non-Interest Banking" Not "Islamic Banking" (3870 Views)

Banks Non-interest Income Suffers As COT Removal Begins New Year / Non-Interest Banking: The Biblical Perspective / Questions On Non-Interest Banking For Mallam Sanusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Original CBN Act Says "Non-Interest Banking" Not "Islamic Banking" by BetaThings: 12:50pm On Jul 11, 2011
PapaBrowne:

What do you expect from a CBN Governor whose only post graduate degree is a Masters Degree in Islamic Studies from a Sudanese University!
As someone rightly stated, the CBN Governor recieved training in Sudan in 1991 the same year as Osama Bin Laden.
Then there was a request for the opening of a Sharia bank named  Al Qaeda Bank!!!
Then again, the CBN governors best friend, Mutallab's son was involved in a global terrorist act!!

The man has got to be some kind of terrorist!! grin grin
Sanusi has 1 masters degree - in Economic after which he lectured in ABU for 2 years
he joined ICON Merchant Bankers after that and worked for 6 years before
going to Sudan to study Islamic studies - another bachelors

I am just putting facts straight because it looks like because "Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness Against Your Neighbour" is in the old testament, some christians do not have any regard for it

BTW You (PapaBrowne) are in Nigeria right now at the same time with Boko Haram members, clearly that links you with terrorism
Also living in Lagos with Rev King also means you are his disciple
Re: The Original CBN Act Says "Non-Interest Banking" Not "Islamic Banking" by BetaThings: 1:42pm On Jul 11, 2011
ekt_bear:

Well said. Compare Ben Bernanke's resume to Sanusi's, just to give you a sense of how much more depth other countries require for this position
This one-sided comparison is most unfair
Have you compared the resumes of
Pentinrin (Nigerian CDS) and Mullen?
Oteh (Nig SEC DG) and US SEC Head
Head of NASB (a pastor) with the Chair of US FASB
For you to single out Sanusi from Nigeria and start comparing him with the chair of FRS is unfair

BTW you should extend the comparison to the standards required for entry into PG courses in Nigerian and American universities and so on
Re: The Original CBN Act Says "Non-Interest Banking" Not "Islamic Banking" by houvest: 7:15pm On Jul 11, 2011
Rhetorics and all, Sanusi is clearly executing an Islamic agenda. Muslims should not complain if other non-muslims in government ( including Mr President) star texecuting the agenda of their religions.
Re: The Original CBN Act Says "Non-Interest Banking" Not "Islamic Banking" by executinal(m): 8:12pm On Jul 11, 2011
CAN well said, but we are watching sanusi with his tricks
Re: The Original CBN Act Says "Non-Interest Banking" Not "Islamic Banking" by blackbeau1(f): 11:56pm On Jul 11, 2011
i'm so glad that C.A.N has finally spoken up and i love the fact that they seem to have done their homework on this topic.i'm beside them all the way.
I'm actually surprised that sanusi wld be doing this.for heavens sake,we are trying our best to keep this nation as one and he is bringing up the whole islamic banking thing.instead of us continuing this charade of "one people,one nation",we had better split this country into two.it would make my yearrrrrrr.
Re: The Original CBN Act Says "Non-Interest Banking" Not "Islamic Banking" by ektbear: 4:02am On Jul 12, 2011
@dem_people: So what happened?
Re: The Original CBN Act Says "Non-Interest Banking" Not "Islamic Banking" by rlcanon: 1:40pm On Jul 12, 2011
ladies and gentlmen,nigeria as state is heading for anachy,though i was predicted 5 years ago by the american expert.

boko haram is on the verging of making the disingretion of nigeria happen.now we have sanusi calling for islamic banking for religious sentiment reason.this islamic banking would easy serve as conduit pipe of money laundering by the boko haram,alqueda and other muslims fundamentalist group to acquire arms to make nigeria ungovernable for whosoever that is presently at helm of nigeria affairs.but certainly SANUSI SHALL with his hidden plot to distabilise nigeria.please watch out fellow nigerians.enough is enough.nigeria is for all inrespective of your religion/tribe.
Re: The Original CBN Act Says "Non-Interest Banking" Not "Islamic Banking" by xpizzy(m): 5:44pm On Jul 12, 2011
Its a shame that most of us don't know that we have to be politically correct. Irrespective of any kind of atrocious inclination of some decadent Muslims who have soiled the religions name, we must allow Islamic banking to operate if we need to improve our GDP as this will bolster the real sector. All dis bigots just want the name to be something else like " non interest banking" other than "Islamic". Rubbish SMH seriously. For record purpose am i die hard christian but am circumcised in my heart and unbiased.
Re: The Original CBN Act Says "Non-Interest Banking" Not "Islamic Banking" by dammytosh: 7:06pm On Jul 12, 2011
xpizzy:

Its a shame that most of us don't know that we have to be politically correct. Irrespective of any kind of atrocious inclination of some decadent Muslims who have soiled the religions name, we must allow Islamic banking to operate if we need to improve our GDP as this will bolster the real sector. All dis bigots just want the name to be something else like " non interest banking" other than "Islamic". Rubbish SMH seriously. For record purpose am i die hard christian but am circumcised in my heart and unbiased.
Where have this been done ? or you just say things without any proof ?

Sanusi is reflecting radical Islamism in the CBN Job ? Since day 1, he has been always attending one Muslim Forum or the other and talking loudly at the top of his voice, Questions :

1. Why change the CBN act if what you want to do already exists
2. Why now when Boko Haram is requesting for Governors to denounce Democracy and embrace Sharia principle.
3. Why change the "Non Interest Banking" part of the act to "Islamic Banking and other non interest bans". Only a typical lazy mind would just assume Sanusi is right or wrong without looking at the arguments from both sides.
Re: The Original CBN Act Says "Non-Interest Banking" Not "Islamic Banking" by thuao(m): 10:12pm On Jul 13, 2011
Wia did u get ur fact, he neva had a post graduate degree in anything. He only had 2 degrees in economics & sharia.
Here is his educational profile.

Sanusi
graduated from King's College Lagos in
1977 and studied at Ahmadu Bello
University (ABU), Zaria earning a BSc in
Economics in 1981. He then taught
economics at ABU from 1983 to 1985.[1] He
obtained a degree in Sharia from SUDAN.
Re: The Original CBN Act Says "Non-Interest Banking" Not "Islamic Banking" by naijaking1: 3:42am On Jul 14, 2011
^^^^^
Haven't you heard, his only master's degree in economics was awarded by Jarus and other N/L praise
singers of Sanusi grin
Re: The Original CBN Act Says "Non-Interest Banking" Not "Islamic Banking" by seal777(m): 9:49pm On Jul 17, 2011
Cant wait to close all my accounts in those good for nothing banks to open a new one in the upcoming Islamic bank, oh sorry INTEREST FREE BANKS, lol!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Medical Laboratory: Feasibility Study / I Need An Estate Agent In Nigeria / How Profitable Is Boutique Business In Abuja?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.