Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Soludo Moves To Demolish 200 Houses As Traders Lament In Onitsha.. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Moves To Demolish 200 Houses As Traders Lament In Onitsha.. (24075 Views)

Governor Soludo Moves To End Monday Sit At Home Order In Anambra / 60 Landlords Desert Houses As Flood Overwhelms Ogun Community / Ikpeazu Presents 2 New Houses As Official Quarters To Security Chiefs (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo Moves To Demolish 200 Houses As Traders Lament In Onitsha.. by Bishopino: 8:06pm On Apr 26, 2022
The owners did not wake up one morning and erect the structure there. It was approved by the same town planners. What I am saying is for the government to compasate all the affected people.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Soludo Moves To Demolish 200 Houses As Traders Lament In Onitsha.. by yeshuasfootstep(m): 8:13pm On Apr 26, 2022
Didn't I warn?
Re: Soludo Moves To Demolish 200 Houses As Traders Lament In Onitsha.. by yeshuasfootstep(m): 8:21pm On Apr 26, 2022
Didn't I warn? You rejected maduka who'll bring something new for someone who is part and parcel of the system flogging you.

African man knows only one way to solve environmental problem and that is to demolish as many houses as possible.

What happens to other solutions like expansion, relocation, good drainage system designed to suit the environment and establishment of new cities.

Sorry for your losses. Maduka would've put all these into consideration because he is coming from a sane clime that knows that all fingers are not equal and that Okpoko will not turn to Las Vegas overnight.
Re: Soludo Moves To Demolish 200 Houses As Traders Lament In Onitsha.. by Donedeal1(m): 8:24pm On Apr 26, 2022
Nigerian are into a big trouble with this clueless government, 200 buildings just like that, what happened to our housing policies.

Did this government realized that food ,clothing and shelters are the most basic things in life.

One official is even threatening that this is the last meeting oh,I.e.if you have anything to point out no one is interested.
God,safe your people.
Re: Soludo Moves To Demolish 200 Houses As Traders Lament In Onitsha.. by bjtinz: 8:27pm On Apr 26, 2022
That's the challenge with technocrats like Soludo. They tend to be so idealistic that they can sometimes lose touch with reality.

Don't get me wrong, what he's doing is right. But he should go about with a human face. With the security issues he's currently facing, throwing families into the street is the last thing needed now.
Re: Soludo Moves To Demolish 200 Houses As Traders Lament In Onitsha.. by muheeb01(m): 8:40pm On Apr 26, 2022
I think this is for their own good

1 Like

Re: Soludo Moves To Demolish 200 Houses As Traders Lament In Onitsha.. by muheeb01(m): 8:43pm On Apr 26, 2022
He should just make sure he compesate the affected people
Re: Soludo Moves To Demolish 200 Houses As Traders Lament In Onitsha.. by ABANGWABOI(m): 8:48pm On Apr 26, 2022
Ride on Soludo.. demolish all illegal structures
Re: Soludo Moves To Demolish 200 Houses As Traders Lament In Onitsha.. by OVB123: 9:13pm On Apr 26, 2022
NoQualmz:

Does ur incompetent governor have anything to show for in his almost 8yrs of governance?
Who is my governor?
Re: Soludo Moves To Demolish 200 Houses As Traders Lament In Onitsha.. by mrksquare: 9:33pm On Apr 26, 2022
Islandlady:
Hope you will compensate the victims undecided

Becos I have seen people's properties demolished without compensation as earlier promised

For the fact that the property is marked for demolition means that they do not have valid claim to the land. I doubt if the buildings on the land was duly approved by the government. If the building plan on the land was approved then government will compensate them to the extent of their damage using the prevailing value of the property.
Re: Soludo Moves To Demolish 200 Houses As Traders Lament In Onitsha.. by Elidrisy20: 10:04pm On Apr 26, 2022
They should report him to ipob/esn
Re: Soludo Moves To Demolish 200 Houses As Traders Lament In Onitsha.. by stanluiz(m): 10:38pm On Apr 26, 2022
Soludo is quick to demolished properties. What is he doing about ipob gunmen terror in Anambra state ?

See how sharp and strong he is about demolishing properties but when it comes to insecurity in Anambra caused by ipob he will be cold like ice block and be speaking a lot of grammar.
Re: Soludo Moves To Demolish 200 Houses As Traders Lament In Onitsha.. by davidque: 12:03am On Apr 27, 2022
yuping:
undecided I hope they treat the victim very well.

Victim is a wrong word to use to describe those affected..............
Re: Soludo Moves To Demolish 200 Houses As Traders Lament In Onitsha.. by Rugaria: 12:12am On Apr 27, 2022
SpaceTour:
Onitsha is the best planned city in igboland, while owerri is the most unplanned littered with bad roads and filthy environment, no wonder millions of imo indigenes are trooping to Onitsha for greener pasture.

So?
Re: Soludo Moves To Demolish 200 Houses As Traders Lament In Onitsha.. by Xiaohei(m): 12:30am On Apr 27, 2022
OVB123:
Infact his own is getting too much ooo, very soon he will complete 100 days in office and nothing to show. Mtcheeeew!

A typical always frowns whenever the right policies are being taken. Houses should not be built on drainages in the first place, that’s how it is done in civilized countries. On the flip side, I pray the govt provides some financial support to the landlords whose properties have been marked for demolition so they build properties elsewhere.
Re: Soludo Moves To Demolish 200 Houses As Traders Lament In Onitsha.. by samwillyco1(m): 1:06am On Apr 27, 2022
Bad move, more hardship to the people
Re: Soludo Moves To Demolish 200 Houses As Traders Lament In Onitsha.. by c900: 1:51am On Apr 27, 2022
Bad move. Any govt that's demolishing houses can't rule well because those people will curse the govt. Go and check history.
Re: Soludo Moves To Demolish 200 Houses As Traders Lament In Onitsha.. by Halo22: 2:03am On Apr 27, 2022
Let him not behave like El-Rufai in Abuja then, by promising to compensate the landlords and later disappointed them.
Re: Soludo Moves To Demolish 200 Houses As Traders Lament In Onitsha.. by EagleNest(m): 4:27am On Apr 27, 2022
onumadu:

Black man and his usual twisted logic. SMH!
So, you mean armed robbers who pay tithe and build motherless baby homes should not be arrested and jailed?
You wonder why you don't have light for decades.
Ndi isi ojii! undecided

The topic is about demolition of buildings erected along flood plain. How does it relate to armed robbers and black man and his twisted logic?

Let Soludo do demolition but he should please compensate house owners, no matter how little to genuine tax payers( which I guess only few people pay tax). Let's not be too hard on ourselves as we have always been in Africa and then we'll think we know what we are doing. And if you think you know some of the so called armed robbers living there please get in touch with police instead of throwing an aimless stone on people.
Re: Soludo Moves To Demolish 200 Houses As Traders Lament In Onitsha.. by Moyosore419(m): 5:42am On Apr 27, 2022
MadamVanessa:

shocked

It's not about destroying people's sweat without paying a dime and all the money that was meant to be paid to the poor business men move to bullion van account and the frog eyes keep enjoying with with rotten teeth down his throat.

Una get problem , Wetin concern TINUBU inside this matter.. Soludo is demolishing, you’re abusing.
Na una type dey abuse Buhari ontop your incompetency at home
Re: Soludo Moves To Demolish 200 Houses As Traders Lament In Onitsha.. by yuping(m): 6:48am On Apr 27, 2022
davidque:

Victim is a wrong word to use to describe those affected..............
undecided honestly just don't no the right one to use.
Re: Soludo Moves To Demolish 200 Houses As Traders Lament In Onitsha.. by NoQualmz: 8:05am On Apr 27, 2022
AKWATGOLD1:

Anambra Deputy Governor choice of words is very bad by using the word "dynamite" instead of acceptable like catapillar or bulldoza.

Wait till u become gov then u can sugarcoat ur words. Nigerians understand a different language
Re: Soludo Moves To Demolish 200 Houses As Traders Lament In Onitsha.. by NoQualmz: 8:07am On Apr 27, 2022
Rugaria:

So?

He just schooled u and u still asking a dumb question
Re: Soludo Moves To Demolish 200 Houses As Traders Lament In Onitsha.. by guychidile: 1:57pm On Apr 27, 2022
This is good shaa,so that flood will find its way to pass,but pls try get another land and build houses and relocate them

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition / COVID-19: Abia Relaxes Lockdown, Work Resumes, Worship Centres, Markets To Open / NNPC Withheld N824.7 Billion Oil Revenue In 6 Months Of Buhari’s Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.