Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu (2966 Views)

Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President / Saraki And Aisha Yesufu Blast Osinbajo Over Tradermoni / Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by MikoB: 7:28pm On Apr 26, 2022
https://dailytrust.com/2023-presidency-abiodun-finally-picks-osinbajo-over-tinubu

2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu
Governor Dapo Abiodun of Ogun State, on Tuesday, declared that the state would support Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo’s presidential bid....

By
Peter Moses
Tue, 26 Apr 2022 17:13:13 GMT

Governor Dapo Abiodun of Ogun State, on Tuesday, declared that the state would support Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo’s presidential bid.

Our correspondent reliably gathered that Abiodun had been in dilemma over who to support between Osinbajo and former Governor of Lagos State, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Insiders said the duo expect loyalty and support from the governor who is now in dilemma.

Also, his cabinet members are divided as some are backing Osinbajo’s bid while others are in firm support of Tinubu.

A source close to the cabinet, however, said Abiodun has not given directive to his aides on who to support between Tinubu and Osinbajo.

But Abiodun on Tuesday said Ogun would back Osinbajo, an indigene of the state from Ikenne in Ikenne Local Government Area of the state.

He said the support would enable him continue with some of the “laudable projects” of the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration.

Speaking at a stakeholders meeting with the VP and held at the Akarigbo Palace Sagamu, the Alake Palace in Abeokuta and the Presidential Lodge, Ibara, Abeokuta, as well as the Palace of Olu of Ilaro and Paramount ruler of Yewaland, Abiodun said Osinbajo in the last seven years, has contributed to the many successes recorded by the federal government, noting “he is eminently qualified to lead the country”.

“The Vice President present here is home coming. We are pleased with his decision to run for the office of the president. He is competent and committed to lead the country in a higher capacity.”

“Your steadfastness, integrity and character are all well known. You are serving this country and the president meritoriously for the last seven years as the vice president. We have no doubt that you will do well as the president and we will support you”, Abiodun stated.

The governor, who extolled the VP’s academic exploit, recalled how he stood behind his gubernatorial election and described him as a man who is interested in fairness, justice, equity and the Rule of Law.

In his speech, the VP said he was not in the state to campaign, but to inform his people of his intention to run for the office of the president.

Osinbajo said he consulted widely across all sections of the society, including with President Muhammadu Buhari, before he threw his hat into the ring.

Recounting his contributions to the present federal government, Osinbajo said he was actively involved in the judiciary reforms and its repositioning to work optimally, and ensure that judges are adequately enumerated.

He said his working with President Buhari exposed him to governance at the highest level and placed him in a position to tackle serious issues concerning economy, security, among others.

“The Vice President position is an opportunity to serve and I have served with utmost loyalty. I put everything into my work. I am a candidate who will hit the ground running when I am elected.

“I have the requisite knowledge to do the job and building on what others have put in place. My presidency will bring peace, unity and development to the country”, the VP said.

“After all I have learnt if called upon to serve the nation, should I say No? I have decided that I will run for the office. I have sworn an oath to the Federal Republic of Nigeria. It is an oath to our people, our children and the future of Nigeria. I owe nobody else any allegiance outside the oath”, he added.

Osinbajo, however, commended Abiodun-led administration for the giant strides it has recorded in the last three years, expressing the hope that his quest to lead the country would be fruitful.

The and Paramount Ruler of Remoland, Oba Babatunde Ajayi, in his remarks, posited that the vice president was competent with the required qualification to lead the nation, observing that his performance as the acting president is there for all to see.

Speaking on the ambition of the Vice President, the Alake of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo, attested to the competence of Osinbajo, saying: “the vice president has paid his dues and is eminently qualified to succeed as President.

“I want to pray that you will come back to this Palace as a President and Nigeria will be gain tremendously under your watch”, Alake said.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by MikoB: 7:33pm On Apr 26, 2022
I keep telling them, they keep arguing, one down many to go, in my 10 decided governors for osinbajo and 5 swings governors, with many states without apc governors for him as well. Just watch out!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by Mkpurumiriaddic(f): 7:44pm On Apr 26, 2022
Nice one your excellence

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by Ttalk: 7:56pm On Apr 26, 2022
Osinbajo will make a good President, let every Omoluabi support him. We have to present our best that would be acceptable to all Nigerians

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by helinues: 7:58pm On Apr 26, 2022
Toh

Home alike..
Re: 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by helinues: 7:59pm On Apr 26, 2022
MikoB:
I keep telling them, they keep arguing, one down many to go, in my 10 decided governors for osinbajo and 5 swings governors, with many states without apc governors for him as well. Just watch out!

If I may ask, who exactly is Osibanjo dragging Apc presidential ticket with?

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by MikoB: 8:07pm On Apr 26, 2022
helinues:

If I may ask, who exactly is Osibanjo dragging Apc presidential ticket with?

All the aspirants, because they refused to understand that he has right of first refusal been the present VP.

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by forgiveness: 8:08pm On Apr 26, 2022
Aboki99:
Despite being in the majority, Yoruba muslims, in their foolishness, thought they were so liberal and blasé about religion as to entrust Chritians with the highest political leaderships in Yoruba land.

Now, gradually the same Yoruba Christians who rode to their political leadership positions courtesy of the religious magnanimity (rather foolishness) of Yoruba Muslims, are now taking a treacherous bite at the fingers that fed them. One by one, they are coming out like rain-soaked hyenas to take sides with their fellow Christian fundamentalist (Osibanjo).

Big Lessons for Tinibu and his Yoruba muslim liberals who spent their entire lives building Chritians out of their short sightedness.

We northerners already know and believe our God about the mentality of Christians and their likes.

However, let the Yoruba xtians never shout helalluya yet. No matter the foolishness of our Yoruba Muslim brethren, we will never ever ditch them for a Christian extremist in Osibanjo. Game on! Shege for shege! You show one of our own tit, we show one of your own tat.

Wetin dis one Dey Yan?

6 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by helinues: 8:09pm On Apr 26, 2022
MikoB:

All the aspirants, because they refused to understand that he has right of first refusal been the present VP.

It for good if you break this down in pidgin..

Ayam not understanding

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by helinues: 8:11pm On Apr 26, 2022
Aboki99:
Despite being in the majority, Yoruba muslims, in their foolishness, thought they were so liberal and blasé about religion as to entrust Chritians with the highest political leaderships in Yoruba land.

Now, gradually the same Yoruba Christians who rode to their political leadership positions courtesy of the religious magnanimity (rather foolishness) of Yoruba Muslims, are now taking a treacherous bite at the fingers that fed them. One by one, they are coming out like rain-soaked hyenas to take sides with their fellow Christian fundamentalist (Osibanjo).

Big Lessons for Tinibu and his Yoruba muslim liberals who spent their entire lives building Chritians out of their short sightedness.

We northerners already know and believe our God about the mentality of Christians and their likes.

However, let the Yoruba xtians never shout helalluya yet. No matter the foolishness of our Yoruba Muslim brethren, we will never ever ditch them for a Christian extremist in Osibanjo. Game on! Shege for shege! You show one of our own tit, we show one of your own tat.

Mynd44
Lalasticlacla
Oamj4
Mukina
Seun
Dominique

Rule 3

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by princdebola201(m): 8:16pm On Apr 26, 2022
MikoB:
Who do you expect abiodun to support before?
It doesnt mean osibanjo is getting all the delegates with the fact that segun osoba his political leader belongs to the Asiwaju camp.
By the time Amosun joins the race, then ogun votes will be splitted into 3 camps

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by MikoB: 8:17pm On Apr 26, 2022
helinues:

It for good if you break this down in pidgin..

Ayam not understanding

You asked a question, that who is in competition with the vp? And I told you, all the aspirants are in competition with him, I also expressed what I feel is normal which is that the VP has the right of first refusal, meaning the party should ask him first if he is interested or not, because that is the practise all over the world, especially with loyal deputies. Thank you
Re: 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by ZombieSlaughter: 8:19pm On Apr 26, 2022
yoruba muslim will cancel out yoruba christians during the APC primaries, both of them will lose and another region coast to victory. We are watching eagerly. cheesy

yorubas are not united, they'll lose.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by EsomahJD: 8:20pm On Apr 26, 2022
shocked

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by MikoB: 8:22pm On Apr 26, 2022
princdebola201:
Who do you expect abiodun to support before?
It doesnt mean osibanjo is getting all the delegates with the fact that segun osoba his political leader belongs to the Asiwaju camp.
By the time Amosun joins the race, then ogun votes will be splitted into 3 camps

My brother I understand you very well that no one can have 100% of delegates in most of the states, but you see some guys here are so funny, you can imagine someone telling me the VP will not even have any state in the South west, that he has no base, I was telling them that this guy call osinbajo has done his home work, that they will start seeing it soon, and it has started, wait till when he campaigns in other regions you will all understand what I have been saying.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by Ttalk: 8:27pm On Apr 26, 2022
ZombieSlaughter:
yoruba muslim will cancel out yoruba christians during the APC primaries, both of them will lose and another region coast to victory. We are watching eagerly. cheesy

Just like the way IPOB will delete Okoro. Yesterday was Monday, how many Okoro did IPOB delete?
Re: 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by MikoB: 8:30pm On Apr 26, 2022
ZombieSlaughter:

Forget it, if you are referring to Asiwaju and PYO, trust me they will sort out their selves at the right time, just keep watching.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by ZombieSlaughter: 8:45pm On Apr 26, 2022
Ttalk:

Just like the way IPOB will delete Okoro. Yesterday was Monday, how many Okoro did IPOB delete?

yorubaman you are too emotional, you are not realist. Face reality my brother. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by ZombieSlaughter: 8:46pm On Apr 26, 2022
MikoB:

Forget it, if you are referring to Asiwaju and PYO, trust me they will sort out their selves at the right time, just keep watching.

Delusions, tinumbu never forgives ask Ambode. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by Obakoolex(m): 8:46pm On Apr 26, 2022
Toor
Re: 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by MikoB: 8:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
ZombieSlaughter:

Delusions, tinumbu never forgives ask Ambode. grin

Osinbajo is not Ambode and different situation.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by ZombieSlaughter: 8:52pm On Apr 26, 2022
MikoB:

Osinbajo is not Ambode and different situation.

You have the inalienable right to delude yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by Rooomage: 8:56pm On Apr 26, 2022
MikoB:

You asked a question, that who is in competition with the vp? And I told you, all the aspirants are in competition with him, I also expressed what I feel is normal which is that the VP has the right of first refusal, meaning the party should ask him first if he is interested or not, because that is the practise all over the world, especially with loyal deputies. Thank you

Your statement just confirmed your delusion of grandeur to me. Tell me where that is practised.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by MikoB: 8:59pm On Apr 26, 2022
Rooomage:

Your bolded statement just confirmed your delusion of grandeur to me. Tell me where that is practised.

I don't like talking about personalities, I only like PYO because I'm convinced he wil perform. It is not a law, it is principle when it comes to politics, you can do more research about , right of first refusal! Thanks
Re: 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by Aboki99(m): 9:15pm On Apr 26, 2022
helinues:

Mynd44
Lalasticlacla
Oamj4
Mukina
Seun
Dominique

Rule 3

So of all the toxic islamophobic comments you make daily on NR, this is the truth u find worth reporting?

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by johnmartus(m): 9:17pm On Apr 26, 2022
Okay support criminal the fool that's talking is a useless hopeless criminal .
Re: 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by Rooomage: 9:19pm On Apr 26, 2022
MikoB:

I don't like talking about personalities, I only like PYO because I'm convinced he wil perform. It is not a law, it is principle when it comes to politics, you can do more research about, right of first refusal! Thanks

You are a very funny guy. You said the party should ask PYO if he is interested or not as that is the practise all over the world. I can't believe this. You can't even mention where that was practised. Who is PYO in politics? How did he get there? How many elections has he personally contested and won in his life? How did he become the V.P? How many people has he sponsored politically? Is this not the same man that is waiting for [b]anointing oil[/b]from Aso Rock? This is sycophancy taken too far.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by Nigerialabalaba: 9:25pm On Apr 26, 2022
MikoB:
Hahaha.. no be u say Senator Gaya wey lose against Ganduje go deliver Kano State for Yemi Osibanjo-Odale ? Oga, e go do u like magic. None of dis APC SW governors, especially ones wey dey go for 2nd term like Dapo go deliver dem delegates for odale ore vp against Jagaban.

U neva see reason why Osoba, Amosun, Kaka and co no follow Odale today? Na because dem no support am.

All ur permutations na lie as I burst u with Gaya. Gaya na d losing APC bloc and he no dey come back to senate.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by TheRareGem1(f): 9:28pm On Apr 26, 2022
No surprises. Ogun is 1 million percent for Osinbajo

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by Zeemam: 9:29pm On Apr 26, 2022
We are getting there
Re: 2023 Presidency: Abiodun Finally Picks Osinbajo Over Tinubu by MikoB: 9:45pm On Apr 26, 2022
Rooomage:

You are a very funny guy. You said the party should ask PYO if he is interested or not as that is the practise all over the world. I can't believe this. You can't even mention where that was practised. Who is PYO in politics? How did he get there? How many elections has he personally contested and won in his life? How did he become the V.P? How many people has he sponsored politically? This same man is waiting for "anointing oil" from Aso Rock? This is sycophancy taken too far.

That is the problem with you people, maybe it's lack of exposure, I don't know or its general problem among we Nigerians, imagine saying who is Osinbajo, let me tell you before osinbajo was appointed as commissioner, he was already a SAN and a professor, moreover, its not when you start politics that matters but the impact you can make, let me give you an example, emmanuel Macron was appointed as a special adviser and later a minister by francois Hollande, Macron went to form his party a new party for that matter, and he won the election just under three years as minister and special adviser, he didn't even had the pedigree of osinbajo, so what are you talking about, Nigerians need to stop glorifying humans and focus more of the capacity of an individual. For your question about first refusal and which country practise it, I will tell you about france because this is where I live, a prime minister is like the vice president, and every prime minister is given a priveledged to contest for the presidency, if he so wishes as long as his loyal to the party and have no problem with the president, to name few Jacque chirac, Manuel Valls, francois fillon etc, I am not a local politician that worship men instead of ideas. Thank you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rabiu Abdulsamad, Becomes Nigeria’s Second Richest Man, As He Makes N3.4b Daily / Lagosians Come In Here, The Truth Bitters Alot (Pictures) / Tinubu Drug Links Gets More Serious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.