Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,160 members, 7,829,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Maryland Man Wins $100,000 After Skipping Work - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Maryland Man Wins $100,000 After Skipping Work (38886 Views)

Active Shooter At Smithsburg, Maryland. Multiple Persons Killed, Suspect Injured / Italian Hospital Employee Accused Of Skipping Work For 15 Years / Flash Floods Topple Buildings In Maryland, Wash Away Dozens Of Cars (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maryland Man Wins $100,000 After Skipping Work by geezynoni: 11:29pm On May 02, 2022
Transcriber:
Hmm

Such chance is very thin

Maybe 1/10000000
Very thin, but possible, the fact that it's possible is everything.
Re: Maryland Man Wins $100,000 After Skipping Work by planetx: 11:40pm On May 02, 2022
The guy is in the top 1% of Americans, despite whatever illusion you have about life in America from Nigeria. 70% of Americans have less than $1000 in their savings account.
Re: Maryland Man Wins $100,000 After Skipping Work by bizhop01: 11:42pm On May 02, 2022
US mega millions sure pass
Re: Maryland Man Wins $100,000 After Skipping Work by WowSweetGuy(m): 11:46pm On May 02, 2022
GooodHardDick:
Abeg wetin be the man social media handler? angry

At all at all, $20k fit fallout
u no even say 20 or 200...See ur mouth like 20k out of how much and who you be to am
Re: Maryland Man Wins $100,000 After Skipping Work by Buje1987(m): 11:53pm On May 02, 2022

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/01/us/maryland-lottery-winner-day-off-trnd/index.html#:~:text=A%20Maryland%20man%20won%20%24100%2C000%20after%20skipping%20work&text=The%2058%2Dyear%20old%20construction,release%20from%20the%20Maryland%20Lottery.

Make them mention his name and Facebook name and his city nah. And upload his pictures also. Na somebody client that one go be like that.
Re: Maryland Man Wins $100,000 After Skipping Work by Praxis758: 11:58pm On May 02, 2022
seguno2:

So what makes their towns and villages much better than ours? Do you also know that because you live among them? Or your knowledge from living among them no reach that level

I live among them, I understand their character when it comes to money issue.

The US is a capitalist economy that is designed for money never to stay in the hands its citizens. They wire their citizens to have an uncultured spending habits without plans to save for any unforeseen eventuality.

Those clean and beautiful cities you’re seeing are products of long-term planing by the effective working institutions.

You may ask anyone who knows their habit.
Re: Maryland Man Wins $100,000 After Skipping Work by Praxis758: 12:03am On May 03, 2022
seguno2:

What kind of BS talk is this?
If Nigerians are wired to be disciplined and entrepreneurial with money, please why is our country not working properly like America? Why are Nigerians praying and fasting for American visas, and not the other way round?
Nigerians don’t party and give money to the gods of men that they worship in churches and mosques plus shrines

My comment has nothing to do with religion. The US is a credit based economy where citizens are nurtured to live on/by credit.

For example, you don’t need to have buy your car in cash, house in cash. The government and managers of the economy designed the system to be CREDIT BASED so that things will be easy and affordable for the commoners.

So, the reliance on credit system has wired their citizens never to save or hold cash too long.

They’re not nurtured to invest but to depend on credit and government assistance.
Re: Maryland Man Wins $100,000 After Skipping Work by Biafranodogwu55: 12:13am On May 03, 2022
Mtcheew!!! what is $100k?I sefh think say nah $100millionundecided
Re: Maryland Man Wins $100,000 After Skipping Work by seguno2: 12:19am On May 03, 2022
Praxis758:

I live among them, I understand their character when it comes to money issue.

The US is a capitalist economy that is designed for money never to stay in the hands its citizens. They wire their citizens to have an uncultured spending habits without plans to save for any unforeseen eventuality.

Those clean and beautiful cities you’re seeing are products of long-term planing by the effective working institutions.

You may ask anyone who knows their habit.

Long term planning by effective working institutions, built for them by Nigerians who know how to save money, right?
Or whose saved money built the effective working institutions?

2 Likes

Re: Maryland Man Wins $100,000 After Skipping Work by seguno2: 12:19am On May 03, 2022
Praxis758:
My comment has nothing to do with religion. The US is a credit based economy where citizens are nurtured to live on/by credit.

For example, you don’t need to have buy your car in cash, house in cash. The government and managers of the economy designed the system to be CREDIT BASED so that things will be easy and affordable for the commoners.

So, the reliance on credit system has wired their citizens never to save or hold cash too long.

They’re not nurtured to invest but to depend on credit and government assistance.

You are mingling with the wrong crowd.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maryland Man Wins $100,000 After Skipping Work by meobizy(f): 12:21am On May 03, 2022
Small money.
Re: Maryland Man Wins $100,000 After Skipping Work by Praxis758: 12:43am On May 03, 2022
seguno2:

Long term planning by effective working institutions, built for them by Nigerians who know how to save money, right?
Or whose saved money built the effective working institutions?

Good question.

Using comparative analysis based on my practical knowledge about the two societies (Nigeria and the US).

Nigerians are tenacious, entrepreneurial and better money managers than the US citizens. Yes, the US has better functional system than ours, and those are the products of ‘quality, right and forward thinking leadership.

I have a brother here whose wife spent her 2021 tax return worth $10k on gamble within 9hrs. I’m sure the dumbest Nigerian won’t think of gambling with such an amount in this harsh economy.

Nigerians would have be far ahead of those western citizens if ours is a system/society with profitable leadership.

A good example of how we always make it in those western/foreign land. Most of their key institutions are either being headed or handled by managerial Nigerians.

So, ineffective leadership is our problems here. Our Igbo brothers will be far ahead of any race in the world if they have half of the support system the US built for entrepreneurial citizens.

That guys won through gambling and he won’t tuning twice before lavishing the money.

People like Mike Tyson, Ja Rule and co weren’t entrepreneurial with all the money the made and went bankrupt. It’s only few among the Americans that has the foresight to save for investment.

Ask anyone who knows their culture.

1 Like

Re: Maryland Man Wins $100,000 After Skipping Work by Okobola146: 12:55am On May 03, 2022
cc Lalasticlala
him too dey gamble?
Re: Maryland Man Wins $100,000 After Skipping Work by aribisala0(m): 2:15am On May 03, 2022
Praxis758:

Either black or white Americans, they are wired to spend more than their income.

I know this because I live among them.
You must live among poor Americans

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maryland Man Wins $100,000 After Skipping Work by aribisala0(m): 2:18am On May 03, 2022
Praxis758:

Good question.

Using comparative analysis based on my practical knowledge about the two societies (Nigeria and the US).

Nigerians are tenacious, entrepreneurial and better money managers than the US citizens. Yes, the US has better functional system than ours, and those are the products of ‘quality, right and forward thinking leadership.

I have a brother here whose wife spent her 2021 tax return worth $10k on gamble within 9hrs. I’m sure the dumbest Nigerian won’t think of gambling with such an amount in this harsh economy.

Nigerians would have be far ahead of those western citizens if ours is a system/society with profitable leadership.

A good example of how we always make it in those western/foreign land. Most of their key institutions are either being headed or handled by managerial Nigerians.

So, ineffective leadership is our problems here. Our Igbo brothers will be far ahead of any race in the world if they have half of the support system the US built for entrepreneurial citizens.

That guys won through gambling and he won’t tuning twice before lavishing the money.

People like Mike Tyson, Ja Rule and co weren’t entrepreneurial with all the money the made and went bankrupt. It’s only few among the Americans that has the foresight to save for investment.

You do not reason logically
You generalize too much and focus on evidence selectively

2 Likes

Re: Maryland Man Wins $100,000 After Skipping Work by Praxis758: 2:54am On May 03, 2022
aribisala0:
You must live among poor Americans

It is better to enlighten fanatically and illiterately irredeemable Buhari than to educate educate you.
Re: Maryland Man Wins $100,000 After Skipping Work by 1stGenAmerican(f): 2:59am On May 03, 2022
Transcriber:
Hmm

Such chance is very thin

Maybe 1/10000000

He didn’t win in the traditional lottery, he won on a scratch off ticket where the odds of winning a prize are much higher.
Re: Maryland Man Wins $100,000 After Skipping Work by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:03am On May 03, 2022
Praxis758:

Good question.

Bullshit. I’m in America but even a person in East Hades would agree that its bullshit. There’s so much wrong with this post that I can’t even begin to take it apart. What I will say though is that it’s obvious that your brother chose to marry a very dumb woman which tells us a lot about your brother. His brother’s bad choice/One dumb woman isn’t a reflective of all Americans.

1 Like

Re: Maryland Man Wins $100,000 After Skipping Work by Funflipper: 3:25am On May 03, 2022
He claimed his $100,000 prize on Monday and plans to use it "to help his family, take care of his girls, purchase a few necessities and maybe take a vacation," says the lottery.

And after all that, you are back to square one.

2 Likes

Re: Maryland Man Wins $100,000 After Skipping Work by Chukabiz(m): 3:33am On May 03, 2022
58 year old man? Girl friend?
Re: Maryland Man Wins $100,000 After Skipping Work by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:41am On May 03, 2022
planetx:
The guy is in the top 1% of Americans, despite whatever illusion you have about life in America from Nigeria. 70% of Americans have less than $1000 in their savings account.

People repeat this statement without adding that a large percentage of Americans don’t use traditional savings accounts which pay little to no interest but prefer to put their money in other types of accounts that earn interest among other things.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maryland Man Wins $100,000 After Skipping Work by HiFive: 4:28am On May 03, 2022
"But, you know girls, they all wanted me to buy them something."

grin grin grin
Re: Maryland Man Wins $100,000 After Skipping Work by seguno2: 5:26am On May 03, 2022
Praxis758:
Good question.

You keep talking about system and institutions plus leadership. I ask you again, is it Nigerians who built all these things for them with our savings and entrepreneurial spirit?
All the global companies in America are also owned by the entrepreneurial Igbo people there since Mike Tyson, Ja Rule and co are not entrepreneurial.
I am enjoying your comparative analysis of foresight. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Maryland Man Wins $100,000 After Skipping Work by seguno2: 5:30am On May 03, 2022
Chukabiz:
58 year old man? Girl friend?

His life.
His choice.
His happiness.

Please what’s your own inside the matter?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maryland Man Wins $100,000 After Skipping Work by FireUpNow(m): 5:48am On May 03, 2022
GooodHardDick:
Abeg wetin be the man social media handler? angry

At all at all, $20k fit fallout
You want send am format and take his picture to baba abi?
Re: Maryland Man Wins $100,000 After Skipping Work by Fiscus105(m): 6:55am On May 03, 2022
Praxis758:
He will squander the money within 2 - 3 months. It may even lead him to jail because of excesses and abuse that will follow his character.

Americans are not wired to be disciplined and entrepreneurial with money like most Nigerians.

Drinking, partying, vacationing and excessive shopping are what will take the money from him. Just give him few months, he will be more broke than the rat inside the church.

Americans not wired to be entrepreneurial like most naija? Where did u see ur own hypothesis?

Yet they dominate richest persons in the world list, learn how to use words and how not to generalize.

Everywhere in the world people squander this type of money and not Americans alone. Yahoo boys are typical example here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maryland Man Wins $100,000 After Skipping Work by toujurs: 6:59am On May 03, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

He didn’t win in the traditional lottery, he won on a scratch off ticket where the odds of winning a prize are much higher.
Good gracious God, i have seen beauty before, but this looks like a discovery cool

1 Like

Re: Maryland Man Wins $100,000 After Skipping Work by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:01am On May 03, 2022
toujurs:
Good gracious God, i have seen beauty before, but this looks like a discovery cool

Are you referring to the scratch off lottery ticket?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gaza: Israel Bombs 23 To Death In Single Air Strike / Donald Trump Welcomes Uhuru Kenyatta, Kenyan President To The White House. PICS / Countries That Gained Independence In October Just Like Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.