Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,950 members, 7,835,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Is It A Must To Send 50-100 Job Applications Before You Secure A Job In Nigeria? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Is It A Must To Send 50-100 Job Applications Before You Secure A Job In Nigeria? (723 Views)

Borno Corps Members Withdraw Relocation Applications Over Good Camp Conditions / Get Shortlisted For Every Job Applications - A Simple 4 Steps Guide / Job Applications For Interns At GAO Tek New York (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Must To Send 50-100 Job Applications Before You Secure A Job In Nigeria? by mollie12: 11:07am On Apr 27, 2022
"After 200 applications and 170 rejections, I got the job”
"After 3 years of countless applications, interviews, and rejections, I finally got a job offer".

This has become a commonplace LinkedIn job announcement. But a part of me wonders:

Is this avoidable? Must one have to send out several applications, face several rejections, before they can secure a good job in Nigeria?

The fact no one faces up to is this: Rejections are costly. Each received rejection takes its toll on your self-esteem. It makes you question your self-worth, wonder if you are good enough, challenge your sense of capability, and affects your mental health in general.

The unemployment narrative always leads from a scarcity mindset. “There are few jobs out there”, they say, “so prepare to struggle.” Nigerian job seekers have been conditioned to expect the Red Ocean in the job market - a market with few opportunities and many contenders, a place of hardship. But there’s a Blue Ocean available for those that are ready to find it - a place with many opportunities and fewer contenders. You can find the Blue Ocean of the job market by optimizing your job search strategy.

Optimizing is what happens when you sharpen an axe for 3 hours so that you can cut a tree in one stroke, versus expending effort for 3 hours hacking at the tree before it falls down. Optimizing will show you how to get what you want with less struggle. There is a resource to help you optimize before launching into the job search, and even during it. You will learn how to identify a career pathway in this job market, understand what recruiters and organizations are looking for in a job candidate, hack the mind of a job designer, position for success, and many other strategies to win in this job market.

This resource is the book "Navigating the Nigerian Job Market". This book costs NGN7,500 but is available on Okadabooks at a giveaway rate of NGN1,500 for the month of April 2022. So grab it now, and learn the tips and tricks to get the job you want in the Nigerian job market.

You don't have to send out countless applications and face numerous rejections before you get the job. Get the book "Navigating the Nigerian Job Market" and learn how to position yourself for success in the job market.
Re: Is It A Must To Send 50-100 Job Applications Before You Secure A Job In Nigeria? by Jashub: 11:21am On Apr 27, 2022
The image you see is from a transcriptionist in the US and if you follow her page on Facebook , you would see that she sends an average of a 100 emails a week just to get employment. If this can come from a developed country like US that has little or no unemployment issues, then how much more Nigeria . undecided

Re: Is It A Must To Send 50-100 Job Applications Before You Secure A Job In Nigeria? by uthlaw: 11:28am On Apr 27, 2022
Ask yourself first, how many jobs de dis Nigeria before you go collect my #1500 do Dorine!
Re: Is It A Must To Send 50-100 Job Applications Before You Secure A Job In Nigeria? by mollie12: 11:34am On Apr 27, 2022
Jashub:
The image you see is from a transcriptionist in the US and if you follow her page on Facebook , you would see that she sends an average of a 100 emails a week just to get employment. If this can come from a developed country like US that has little or no unemployment issues, then how much more Nigeria . undecided

That's because she has also learned the wrong "spray-and-pray" approach. This is not the right way to get a job. it is unhelpful everywhere - both in Nigeria and outside.
Re: Is It A Must To Send 50-100 Job Applications Before You Secure A Job In Nigeria? by Jashub: 11:54am On Apr 27, 2022
[s]
mollie12:

That's because she has also learned the wrong "spray-and-pray" approach. This is not the right way to get a job. it is unhelpful everywhere - both in Nigeria and outside.
[/s] You did not read the post. Nobody is praying oga, she is just applying like every other person out there
Re: Is It A Must To Send 50-100 Job Applications Before You Secure A Job In Nigeria? by mollie12: 2:46pm On Apr 27, 2022
Jashub:
[s][/s] You did not read the post. Nobody is praying oga, she is just applying like every other person out there

Next time, just consult google when you see something you don't understand.

Re: Is It A Must To Send 50-100 Job Applications Before You Secure A Job In Nigeria? by Jashub: 3:05pm On Apr 27, 2022
[s]
mollie12:

Next time, just consult google when you see something you don't understand.

[/s] I know you're trying to sell but try and get the gist oga
Re: Is It A Must To Send 50-100 Job Applications Before You Secure A Job In Nigeria? by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:58pm On Apr 27, 2022
its a necessity ALL OVER THE WORLD.
Re: Is It A Must To Send 50-100 Job Applications Before You Secure A Job In Nigeria? by mollie12: 11:30pm On Apr 27, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
its a necessity ALL OVER THE WORLD.

It actually is not. Many are getting jobs both in Nigeria and around the world with less heartache and stress of battling rejections.

If you believe the harder way is for you, you can follow that. But if someone is showing a better way, why not try it and see that it works for you?
Re: Is It A Must To Send 50-100 Job Applications Before You Secure A Job In Nigeria? by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:42am On Apr 28, 2022
mollie12:
It actually is not. Many are getting jobs both in Nigeria and around the world with less heartache and stress of battling rejections.

If you believe the harder way is for you, you can follow that. But if someone is showing a better way, why not try it and see that it works for you?

you are talking to someone who has travelled the world over and over...for decades... and as much as the OP wants to sell some BS Ebook (lets not rain on his/her parade), take my word for it, the above happens all over the world.
Re: Is It A Must To Send 50-100 Job Applications Before You Secure A Job In Nigeria? by mollie12: 9:28am On Apr 28, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

you are talking to someone who has travelled the world over and over...for decades... and as much as the OP wants to sell some BS Ebook (lets not rain on his/her parade), take my word for it, the above happens all over the world.

You essentially said the same thing I mentioned in the quote above.

And you can't say a book is BS if you have not read it.
Re: Is It A Must To Send 50-100 Job Applications Before You Secure A Job In Nigeria? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:42pm On Apr 28, 2022
mollie12:
You essentially said the same thing I mentioned in the quote above.
And you can't say a book is BS if you have not read it.

i am sorry to say that, NO BS EBOOK can teach someone how to get a job, simply because there aint enough job for all the people seeking for employment and/or you just aint qualified....the only thing anyone can do (anywhere around the world) is send cv, send cv and send cv....and hopefully you will get lucky. all these yeye people with BS ebook praying on the desperation of unemployed people make me sick.

there are NO secret formula to getting a job!
Re: Is It A Must To Send 50-100 Job Applications Before You Secure A Job In Nigeria? by mollie12: 5:11pm On Apr 28, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

i am sorry to say that, NO BS EBOOK can teach someone how to get a job, simply because there aint enough job for all the people seeking for employment and/or you just aint qualified....the only thing anyone can do (anywhere around the world) is send cv, send cv and send cv....and hopefully you will get lucky. all these yeye people with BS ebook praying on the desperation of unemployed people make me sick.

there are NO secret formula to getting a job!

If sending endless CVs that will only get you low-paying jobs is what you believe will work for you, then continue as you are. This book is for those that want a better way and are looking for high-value jobs.
Re: Is It A Must To Send 50-100 Job Applications Before You Secure A Job In Nigeria? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:24pm On Apr 28, 2022
mollie12:
If sending endless CVs that will only get you low-paying jobs is what you believe will work for you, then continue as you are. This book is for those that want a better way and are looking for high-value jobs.

if you are NOT looking for a low paying job, then DONT SEND YOUR CV TO LOW PAYING JOB ADS... et voila!
again, let me not rain on your parade, and continue trying to sell BS EBOOK to desperate unemployed people out there!

1 Like

Re: Is It A Must To Send 50-100 Job Applications Before You Secure A Job In Nigeria? by mollie12: 9:45pm On Apr 28, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

grin
if you are NOT looking for a low paying job, then DONT SEND YOUR CV TO LOW PAYING JOB ADS... et voila!
again, let me not rain on your parade, and continue trying to sell BS EBOOK to desperate unemployed people out there!

Now you are the one sounding desperate.

If the book is BS, why are you still commenting on this thread? Don’t you have some non-BS things to do with your time? grin

Leave those that want to read it alone. When they land their well-paying jobs without stress you’ll still be here talking about what is BS.
Re: Is It A Must To Send 50-100 Job Applications Before You Secure A Job In Nigeria? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:55pm On Apr 28, 2022
mollie12:
Now you are the one sounding desperate.
If the book is BS, why are you still commenting on this thread? Don’t you have some non-BS things to do with your time? grin

Leave those that want to read it alone. When they land their well-paying jobs without stress you’ll still be here talking about what is BS.

as you are now quoting me, let me at least reply:
you people are criminals, thieves!!!! writing garbage BS EBOOKS trying to play on the desperation of others. your BS EBOOKs are worthless and any smart person can get it for free online. its the same old yeye info that scammers (like yourself) are parading all around the internet.
here is a simple clue: if you had one of them high paying jobs, you wouldnt be on NL trying to sell some arrant nonsense garbage EBOOK!
Re: Is It A Must To Send 50-100 Job Applications Before You Secure A Job In Nigeria? by mollie12: 10:43pm On Apr 29, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

as you are now quoting me, let me at least reply:
you people are criminals, thieves!!!! writing garbage BS EBOOKS trying to play on the desperation of others. your BS EBOOKs are worthless and any smart person can get it for free online. its the same old yeye info that scammers (like yourself) are parading all around the internet.
here is a simple clue: if you had one of them high paying jobs, you wouldnt be on NL trying to sell some arrant nonsense garbage EBOOK!

You’ve now convinced me that you are indeed a foolish person that spends energy on topics they don’t know about.

Google the name of the book being sold. The first link that will show up is 3-4 free chapters of said book. The book was also offered as a free 10-day email course last year. It has been made a book for faster distribution.

You are likely a criminal, and that’s why you believe others are the same as you. It takes a criminal-minded fellow to rush to assume someone is out to scam others even when evidence to the contrary is a simple Google search away.

Next time, stay off topics focused on enlightenment if your intent is stupidity. Go to Entertainment topics since you don’t want to utilize your critical thinking capacities.

(1) (Reply)

Nysc Online Registration Requirements For Married Woman / JOB OPPORTUNITIES FOR NYSC CORP MEMBERS / Relocation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.